Tim's Gone

Sbennie

May 5, 2003, 12:34:51 AM5/5/03
Aint-it-cool-news is reporting Tim's leaving Angel to be a showrunner on some
FOX show called "Wonder Falls"

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15127

Tim, if you're out there, good luck with it.

Scott Bennie

Rose

May 5, 2003, 2:40:21 AM5/5/03
>Subject: Tim's Gone
>From: sbe...@aol.com (Sbennie)
>Date: 5/4/2003 9:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time

It's not true, because I refuse to accept it. If I don't accept it, it's not
true. So it's not true.

Rose
Buffy, Spike and Angel: Existentialist heroes. Now I get it. Shutting up now.
Save me Jasmine!

The Babaloughesian

May 5, 2003, 2:44:09 AM5/5/03

"Rose" <fyl...@aol.comspam> wrote in message

> >Subject: Tim's Gone
> >From: sbe...@aol.com (Sbennie)
> >Date: 5/4/2003 9:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> >
> >Aint-it-cool-news is reporting Tim's leaving Angel to be a showrunner on
some
> >FOX show called "Wonder Falls"
> >
> >http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15127
> >
> >Tim, if you're out there, good luck with it.
> >
> >Scott Bennie
> >

> It's not true, because I refuse to accept it. If I don't accept it, it's
not
> true. So it's not true.

Who's Tim?

Brent McKee

May 5, 2003, 3:15:44 AM5/5/03

"The Babaloughesian" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

I'm hoping he means Tim Bruening, so he won't have time to post here.
The alternative is Tim Minear, and I don't want to hear that one.
Lalalalalalalala....

--
Brent McKee

To reply by email, please remove the capital letters (S and N) from
the email address

"If we cease to judge this world, we may find ourselves, very quickly,
in one which is infinitely worse."
- Margaret Atwood

"Nothing is more dangerous than a dogmatic worldview - nothing more
constraining, more blinding to innovation, more destructive of
openness to novelty. "
- Stephen Jay Gould (1941-2002)

BTR1701

May 5, 2003, 7:46:26 AM5/5/03
In article <20030505003451...@mb-m13.aol.com>,
sbe...@aol.com (Sbennie) wrote:

Sheesh. When I saw the header, I thought you were gonna report that Tim
Bruening had left Usenet.

Talk about disappointment...

DarkMagic

May 5, 2003, 4:28:19 PM5/5/03

"Rose" <fyl...@aol.comspam> wrote in message

> >Subject: Tim's Gone
> >From: sbe...@aol.com (Sbennie)
> >Date: 5/4/2003 9:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> >
> >Aint-it-cool-news is reporting Tim's leaving Angel to be a showrunner on
some
> >FOX show called "Wonder Falls"
> >
> >http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15127
> >
> >Tim, if you're out there, good luck with it.
> >
> >Scott Bennie
> >

> It's not true, because I refuse to accept it. If I don't accept it, it's
not
> true. So it's not true.

If it is true it doesn't seem to bode well for Angel's renewal. Although
Greenwalt is back on the scene and Whedon as well. Interesting that Whedon
suggested his ME team needed a break and implied that was the reason no
spin-off of Buffy was looming in the imminent future, yet two of his best
writers, Minear and Espenson are moving onto other projects immediately.

--
Shannon

Spike: "We're bringing Mother, of course. I think you'll like her."

Druscilla: "Do you mean to eat?"

Growltiger

May 5, 2003, 4:34:46 PM5/5/03
Previously on alt.tv.angel, slnosp...@comcast.net wrote in article
<bfGcnVkNwYv...@comcast.com>...

> "Rose" <fyl...@aol.comspam> wrote in message
> > >Subject: Tim's Gone
> > >From: sbe...@aol.com (Sbennie)
> > >Date: 5/4/2003 9:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> > >
> > >Aint-it-cool-news is reporting Tim's leaving Angel to be a showrunner on
> some
> > >FOX show called "Wonder Falls"
> > >
> > >http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15127
> > >
> > >Tim, if you're out there, good luck with it.
> > >
> > >Scott Bennie
> > >

> > It's not true, because I refuse to accept it. If I don't accept it, it's
> not
> > true. So it's not true.
> >
> If it is true it doesn't seem to bode well for Angel's renewal. Although
> Greenwalt is back on the scene and Whedon as well. Interesting that Whedon
> suggested his ME team needed a break and implied that was the reason no
> spin-off of Buffy was looming in the imminent future, yet two of his best
> writers, Minear and Espenson are moving onto other projects immediately.

Jeff Bell is the show runner now, so what was Tim Minear to do? Mr
Minear probably wants more to do than be yet another executive producer.
From what I saw of Firefly, I think he deserves another opportunity to
run a television show.
--
Be seeing you,
Growltiger

DarkMagic

May 5, 2003, 4:49:16 PM5/5/03

"Growltiger" <ty...@never.invalid> wrote in message

So how about the Buffy spin-off that the ME writers are too tired to work
on? I'm sure Whedon wouldn't say no to letting Minear run that, they're
like sick, identical twins seperated at birth, but it looks like he has
other irons in the fire. As I say, I remain hopeful, but I don't think
things are looking great for ME, specifically Angel, right now.

Growltiger

May 5, 2003, 7:33:02 PM5/5/03
Previously on alt.tv.angel, slnosp...@comcast.net wrote in article
<pqadnSIML5_...@comcast.com>...

I thought the spin-off buzz was about extensions of the Buffy the
Vampire concept (e.g., Faith or some Slayer school idea). Maybe a spin-
off that extends the Buffy concept is not Mr Minear's cup of tea. I do
not know Mr Minear so I am unqualified to offer him career counseling.

DarkMagic

May 5, 2003, 10:15:14 PM5/5/03

"Growltiger" <ty...@never.invalid> wrote in message

Like I said, based on his writing style, it seems like Minear and Whedon are
identical twins seperated at birth. They have very similar story telling
styles, a knack for sick humor and a serious dark side. I would think
anything in the Buffyverse would be Minear's cup of tea. In fact, I believe
he developed the spin-off idea based on Faith's character.

Tim Minear

May 5, 2003, 10:25:51 PM5/5/03
>>I'm sure Whedon wouldn't say no to letting Minear run that, they're
like sick, identical twins seperated at birth, but it looks like he has
other irons in the fire. <<

Awww. I can't wait to show that to Joss. (that wasn't sarcasm. Mean it.)

Truth is, I had worked out a show called "Faith." And I was going to create
and run it, but Eliza decided to go a different direction. And that's why we
decided to put spin-offs on hold for the moment.

Tim

EGK

May 5, 2003, 10:33:13 PM5/5/03

Darned Slayers going against the will of we, the council of watchers. When
will they ever learn?

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)

email: egk-n...@hotmail.com

Unbound I

May 5, 2003, 10:37:35 PM5/5/03
>From: timm...@aol.com (Tim Minear)
So Tim, two quick questions: 1) If Eliza had been interested, do you think a
Faith series would have been green-lighted; and 2) Can you give us your best
guess as to whether the WB is going to renew "Angel?" I figure it can't hurt to
ask since you were good enough to post here. :)

Unbound I
Check out my book about The X-Files at
http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html

Tim Minear

May 5, 2003, 10:43:37 PM5/5/03
>>So Tim, two quick questions: 1) If Eliza had been interested, do you think a
Faith series would have been green-lighted;<<

It already had been. Studio and network were all on board.

>> and 2) Can you give us your best
guess as to whether the WB is going to renew "Angel?" I figure it can't hurt to
ask since you were good enough to post here. :)<<

Honestly, we won't know until they announce. Just don't know, they've given no
hints.

DarkMagic

May 5, 2003, 10:44:41 PM5/5/03

"Tim Minear" <timm...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >>I'm sure Whedon wouldn't say no to letting Minear run that, they're
> like sick, identical twins seperated at birth, but it looks like he has
> other irons in the fire. <<
>
> Awww. I can't wait to show that to Joss. (that wasn't sarcasm. Mean
it.)

I meant it too, Tim. Only with the utmost respect and love for you and
Whedon. ;)

> Truth is, I had worked out a show called "Faith." And I was going to
create
> and run it, but Eliza decided to go a different direction. And that's why
we
> decided to put spin-offs on hold for the moment.

I seem to remember reading that somewhere and regretting that Faith meets
Kung Fu wouldn't be a reality.

Unbound I

May 5, 2003, 10:49:01 PM5/5/03
>From: timm...@aol.com (Tim Minear)

>>>So Tim, two quick questions: 1) If Eliza had been interested, do you think
>Faith series would have been green-lighted;<<
>
>It already had been. Studio and network were all on board.

Interesting. I can certainly understand Eliza's desire to branch out some
more and I certainly wish her the best of luck with her new project. But it
sure would have been fun to see Faith get her own series. :)

>>> and 2) Can you give us your best
>guess as to whether the WB is going to renew "Angel?" I figure it can't hurt
>ask since you were good enough to post here. :)<<
>
>Honestly, we won't know until they announce. Just don't know, they've given
>no
>hints.

Well I've been saying this both in this forum and in several others that
"Angel" is much deserving of a fifth season. I believe the series has gotten
progressively stronger with each passing season and this season has been
dynamite. The storylines have been quite exciting and I'm very much looking
forward to the season finale.
That said, if the show is renewed the cast *does* need to be pared down a
bit. <g>
Thanks for answering my questions. I'm sure I'm not the only one who
appreciates you taking the time to hang out a little here tonight. Oh and I've
heard some interesting news about your former boss at 1013 recently, but I'm
sure none of that would be news to you. <g>

Growltiger

May 5, 2003, 11:33:04 PM5/5/03
Previously on alt.tv.angel, timm...@aol.com wrote in article
<20030505222551...@mb-m11.aol.com>...

I look forward to seeing Wonder Falls and thank you, Tim, for your
efforts in bringing us Firefly and Angel.

Linda

May 6, 2003, 12:00:16 AM5/6/03

"Tim Minear" <timm...@aol.com> wrote in message

Do you have time for one last question?

I was over to UMTA and read that Joss had a video at End of Days where he
implied that something came up to keep him from the convention because it
had become "relit". Can you cast a little "light" on that?

--
Best regards

Linda

Mmmmmm. Angel

Tim Minear

May 6, 2003, 12:32:18 AM5/6/03
>>I was over to UMTA and read that Joss had a video at End of Days where he
implied that something came up to keep him from the convention because it
had become "relit". Can you cast a little "light" on that?<<

Yes, I can. No, I won't. ;)

Green Lantern

May 6, 2003, 5:44:09 AM5/6/03
> Sheesh. When I saw the header, I thought you were gonna report that Tim
> Bruening had left Usenet.
>
> Talk about disappointment...

LOL ^_^

Dude, just killfile him - my life has been so much happier since I did =P

Peace,
Matt

BTR1701

May 6, 2003, 8:00:15 AM5/6/03
In article <AtLta.6288$Ns4....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, "Green
Lantern" <green_...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

I have. For about a year now.

The other day, I logged on and saw 100+ new messages on the group. When
I loaded the headers, only about 30 appeared on screen. I looked down at
the bottom and it said "65 articles killed".

I only have one person in my killfile so I can only assume Bruening has
had another meltdown recently.

PJ Browning

May 6, 2003, 11:04:29 AM5/6/03
In article <bfGcnVkNwYv...@comcast.com>, DarkMagic
<slnosp...@comcast.net> wrote:

> If it is true it doesn't seem to bode well for Angel's renewal. Although
> Greenwalt is back on the scene and Whedon as well.

these are the guys that created the show. they are the perfect ones to
be in charge during a revamp.

I have no doubt in my mind that Tim and Jane were likely to move on no
matter what the score with the ME shows.

PJ Browning

May 6, 2003, 11:07:34 AM5/6/03
In article <pqadnSIML5_...@comcast.com>, DarkMagic
<slnosp...@comcast.net> wrote:

> So how about the Buffy spin-off that the ME writers are too tired to work
> on? I'm sure Whedon wouldn't say no to letting Minear run that, they're
> like sick, identical twins seperated at birth, but it looks like he has
> other irons in the fire.

so Tim is just supposed to wait around in the hopes that the PTBs at
some network like the spin off idea when it comes around a year from
now, instead of taking an immediate offer (same for Eliza). Joss would
never ask him to do that.

As for your doom and gloom comment about Angel. did it ever occur to
you that one of the reasons why Joss is taking this break is because of
Angel. So that he could tell the PTBs at Fox and the WB that he's going
to focus on the one show for at least the start of the season to make
sure that the revamp gets off to the best start. that would be a point
in favor of believing that the jazzed up show could be a success.

PJ Browning

May 6, 2003, 11:09:35 AM5/6/03
In article <20030505222551...@mb-m11.aol.com>, Tim Minear
<timm...@aol.com> wrote:

> Truth is, I had worked out a show called "Faith." And I was going to create
> and run it, but Eliza decided to go a different direction. And that's why we
> decided to put spin-offs on hold for the moment.

Hey Tim.

So you are still around.

Wanna drop us a nibble about where you are going? Regardless, good luck
on it (I wish I could say that you won't need it, but this is Hollywood
after all)

Jay

PJ Browning

May 6, 2003, 11:10:25 AM5/6/03
In article <20030506003218...@mb-m11.aol.com>, Tim Minear
<timm...@aol.com> wrote:

Oh Tim, you are soooo evil.

PJ Browning

May 6, 2003, 11:11:41 AM5/6/03
In article <20030505224337...@mb-m11.aol.com>, Tim Minear
<timm...@aol.com> wrote:

> Honestly, we won't know until they announce. Just don't know, they've given no
> hints.

is that really any different than other years. Angel has never gotten
an early pickup (at least not that I recall) and even if there have
been suggestions that the show was going to get the pickup, they could
change their minds at the last second and can it.

Rose

May 6, 2003, 2:51:57 PM5/6/03
>Subject: Re: Tim's Gone
>From: timm...@aol.com (Tim Minear)
>Date: 5/5/2003 7:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>>>I'm sure Whedon wouldn't say no to letting Minear run that, they're
>like sick, identical twins seperated at birth, but it looks like he has
>other irons in the fire. <<

But Tim is the "cute one" ;)

>Awww. I can't wait to show that to Joss. (that wasn't sarcasm. Mean it.)
>
>Truth is, I had worked out a show called "Faith." And I was going to create
>and run it, but Eliza decided to go a different direction. And that's why we
>decided to put spin-offs on hold for the moment.

Well, we're going to miss you on Angel. I always hoped you'd write an ep for
Buffy before it went off the air but alas, it was not to be.

You've brought heart and love to your work and I appreciate that.

Rose. (When choosing between two souled vampires, one whose alter ego tried to
rape and kill Buffy and one whose alter ego tried to kill Buffy and almost
damned the world, pick the one whose pulchritude you prefer.)

MLGM

May 6, 2003, 3:59:35 PM5/6/03
EGK <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<6m7ebvgt5l5ls5qdh...@4ax.com>...

> On 06 May 2003 02:25:51 GMT, timm...@aol.com (Tim Minear) wrote:
> >
> Darned Slayers going against the will of we, the council of watchers. When
> will they ever learn?

Well, I gotta confess I don't understand at all why someone like Mr.
Minear who has really shown his disdain for strong women characters
like Cordelia would want to write a show focusing on a strong woman.
Anyone that could orchestrate an arc like Pylea that has a woman AOK
with rape as long as the guy is cute, and she gets sparkly jewels or
having this some on her knees being penetrated from behind in another
episode and its basically played for laughs, well why would he want to
write a show about a strong woman when he doesn't like strong women?

MLGM

May 6, 2003, 4:26:44 PM5/6/03
fyl...@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message >
> You've brought heart and love to your work and I appreciate that.

Umm, heart & love? When did any of Tim's scripts bring heart and
love, or for that matter, dignty and respect to Cordelia?

Timothy McDaniel

May 6, 2003, 5:17:55 PM5/6/03
In article <060520030811120200%anta...@pacbell.net>,

See "Joss and Tim are sick, identical twins separated at birth", supra.

--
Tim McDaniel, tm...@panix.com; tm...@us.ibm.com is my work address

Rose

May 6, 2003, 5:24:32 PM5/6/03
>Subject: Re: Tim's Gone
>From: mlgm...@yahoo.com (MLGM)
>Date: 5/6/2003 1:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Obviously we have a difference of opinion. ::shrug::

SWeick

May 6, 2003, 6:17:55 PM5/6/03
mlgm...@yahoo.com (MLGM) wrote:

>Well, I gotta confess I don't understand at all why someone like Mr.
>Minear who has really shown his disdain for strong women characters
>like Cordelia would want to write a show focusing on a strong woman.

Terry! You've changed your handle? :-)

>Anyone that could orchestrate an arc like Pylea that has a woman AOK
>with rape as long as the guy is cute,

Ah, if it's a cute guy and the woman wants to, it ain't rape.

and she gets sparkly jewels or
>having this some on her knees being penetrated from behind in another
>episode and its basically played for laughs,

It's true, TM has a rape fantasy problems. He has fantasies about
being victimized frequently and often. ;-)

But in a funny way. :-)

well why would he want to
>write a show about a strong woman when he doesn't like strong women?

Well Lorne's mother looked awfully strong.

Stephen Weick

<Fill In The Blank>

Linda

May 6, 2003, 9:26:58 PM5/6/03

"Tim Minear" <timm...@aol.com> wrote in message

LOL, Funny man! [1]

--
Best regards

Linda

Mmmmmm. Angel

[1] Now I'm excited.

MLGM

May 6, 2003, 10:50:04 PM5/6/03
swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote in message news:<20030506181755...@mb-m05.aol.com>...

> mlgm...@yahoo.com (MLGM) wrote:
>
> >Well, I gotta confess I don't understand at all why someone like Mr.
> >Minear who has really shown his disdain for strong women characters
> >like Cordelia would want to write a show focusing on a strong woman.
>

> Terry! You've changed your handle? :-)

I have no idea what you're saying other than you think you're being
very funny, but name is not now and has never been Terry.

> >Anyone that could orchestrate an arc like Pylea that has a woman AOK
> >with rape as long as the guy is cute,
>

> Ah, if it's a cute guy and the woman wants to, it ain't rape.

Cordelia said no, and kept saying no. And was told she had no choice,
and then decided rape was OK as long as he was cute. That's not
funny. Its a basic lack of respect for the character.

> and she gets sparkly jewels or
> >having this some on her knees being penetrated from behind in another
> >episode and its basically played for laughs,
>

> It's true, TM has a rape fantasy problems. He has fantasies about
> being victimized frequently and often. ;-)

> But in a funny way. :-)

There's nothing funny about rape, there really isn't. Which is why
that scene was particularly horrifying. I don't understand why you
rape is funny. Could you explain?

> well why would he want to
> >write a show about a strong woman when he doesn't like strong women?
>

> Well Lorne's mother looked awfully strong.

Lorne's mother was a particularly nasty cliche. A nasty swipe at
strong women. I didn't fun of your opinion. Why are threatened by
mine? Unless you have a problem with women?

Lord Usher

May 6, 2003, 11:19:10 PM5/6/03
sbe...@aol.com (Sbennie) wrote in

> Aint-it-cool-news is reporting Tim's leaving Angel to be a showrunner
> on some FOX show called "Wonder Falls"
>
> http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15127
>
> Tim, if you're out there, good luck with it.

So, here's a question I haven't yet seen answered:

Will Tim be gone like he was gone this year gone, gone like David Greenwalt
is gone, or gone like *gone* gone?

Perhaps Tim himself could shed some light?

Oh, and -- No! Don't go! We love you! :D Though it is a testament to the
skill of the other writers that I'm not *too* worried about the prospects
for (knock on wood) next season's shows. After all, the current staff was
certainly able to pull off a pretty consistently high-quality product even
without the normal dose of Tim Minear-penned episodes. Though I'm certainly
looking forard to tomorrow's big Timfest.

(And this year's overarcing story didn't make an ounce of sense even with
Tim helping to plan that out, so... :P )

--
Lord Usher
"I'm here to kill you, not to judge you."

Sbennie

May 7, 2003, 2:37:39 AM5/7/03
>.But Tim is the "cute one" ;)

Joss, I'd want to get stoned with. Tim, I'd want to get drunk with. Marti, I'd
want to take to dinner and see an ice show with. :-)

>Well, we're going to miss you on Angel. I always hoped you'd write an ep for
>Buffy before it went off the air but alas, it was not to be.
>
>You've brought heart and love to your work and I appreciate that.

Well Rose, when you're right, you're right. Can't add a thing to this, but my
head's a-nodding pretty enthusiastically.

Scott Bennie

SWeick

May 7, 2003, 5:55:06 AM5/7/03
In article <75f34eb.03050...@posting.google.com>, mlgm...@yahoo.com
(MLGM) writes:

>swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote in message
>> mlgm...@yahoo.com (MLGM) wrote:
>>
>> >Well, I gotta confess I don't understand at all why someone like Mr.
>> >Minear who has really shown his disdain for strong women characters
>> >like Cordelia would want to write a show focusing on a strong woman.
>>

>> Terry! You've changed your handle? :-)
>
>I have no idea what you're saying other than you think you're being
>very funny, but name is not now and has never been Terry.

Not another clueless newbie? Let me guess, a.tv.b-v-s is slowing
down so you're over here to troll?

>> >Anyone that could orchestrate an arc like Pylea that has a woman AOK
>> >with rape as long as the guy is cute,
>>

>> Ah, if it's a cute guy and the woman wants to, it ain't rape.
>
>Cordelia said no, and kept saying no.

And if sex were forced on her at that time, it would be rape.

And was told she had no choice,
>and then decided rape was OK as long as he was cute.

Or she basically said yes. Seeing that later she spent
plenty of time getting the magic prophylatic so she
could com-shuck like bunnies, not seeing the rape.

But remember, she was willing to in TTLG but wouldn't
once she found she'd be losing her visions. Once that
happened, there was no sex, and no rape.

What you had was an arranged marriage between Groo
and Cordy. While it to me is distasteful, it isn't rape
if the female decides her betrothed looks like a fun ride
in the hay.

King Arthur isn't a rapist, namely.

That's not
>funny. Its a basic lack of respect for the character.

OK, you're a writer trying to mock those who have trouble
with how they have written Cordy. Ain't working. You're
too far out.

Having Cordy regress into taking her "booty" is a reasonable
complaint. Having her finding Groo hot wouldn't be.
Her not minding the idea of sex with Groo wasn't. Having
her say how much she loved Groo probably was. But to
state that the story was strictly about rape is reading stuff
in that just wasn't there.

>> and she gets sparkly jewels or
>> >having this some on her knees being penetrated from behind in another
>> >episode and its basically played for laughs,
>>

>> It's true, TM has a rape fantasy problems. He has fantasies about
>> being victimized frequently and often. ;-)
>
>> But in a funny way. :-)
>
>There's nothing funny about rape, there really isn't. Which is why
>that scene was particularly horrifying.

What scene? Her being tortured to see if she was cursed, yeah.
But her scenes realizing what a comshuck was? Horrifying?
Her saying "kill me now" when the horned demon entered first
before Groo? Her drooling all over Groo?

The worst you can say is that it was tasteless.

I think you have some serious issues here. Get the proper
professional help. ATA is not the place for it.

And if you are a writer jerking around, you suck at it.

I don't understand why you
>rape is funny. Could you explain?

Assuming you meant how rape could be funny, the fastest example
I can think of was an Eddie Murphy flick, Trading Places, in which
a murderous henchman was gagged, put in a gorilla suit and accidently
put into a cage with a horny male gorilla. The same I think in Nutty
Professor II (based on the previews, I never saw the flick).

So yes, you can have a "funny" rape scene.

The problem is the scenes in Angel you are discussing, only one
fits, Epiphany. And it wasn't a rape scene as much as a infection
scene, or being made a host scene.

But again, the issues you are showing here isn't about Angel:The Series,
or Tim's writing. They are about you. Get the proper help, which will
not be coming from a wiseass like me.

>> well why would he want to
>> >write a show about a strong woman when he doesn't like strong women?
>>

>> Well Lorne's mother looked awfully strong.
>>
>Lorne's mother was a particularly nasty cliche.

Naw, Lorne's mother straight!

(I gotta assume it's more of that Lesbian Cliche stuff.)

A nasty swipe at
>strong women.

So you have facial hair issues too?

I didn't fun of your opinion. Why are threatened by
>mine? Unless you have a problem with women?

No, only idiots. But you aren't. You either have severe
emotional problems or you are a writer (the use of fun
in the above manner fits the pattern on BtVS and A:TS)
trying to be a jerk. I hope the latter, for your sake.

Otherwise, please do get the proper help.

(I'm gonna have to Google some of these things, cause I keep
seeing similar arguments again and again. I swear I've had
this idiotic argument before.)

MLGM

May 7, 2003, 10:04:49 AM5/7/03
swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote in message news:<20030507055506...@mb-m14.aol.com>...

> In article <75f34eb.03050...@posting.google.com>, mlgm...@yahoo.com
> (MLGM) writes:
>
> >swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote in message
> >
> Not another clueless newbie? Let me guess, a.tv.b-v-s is slowing
> down so you're over here to troll?

I have posted in this newsgroups infrequently for years. I have been
on usegroup for years. Because someone disagrees with you does not
make them clueless, being as breathtakingly rude as you, certainly
does.

> OK, you're a writer trying to mock those who have trouble
> with how they have written Cordy. Ain't working. You're
> too far out.

No, I am someone who has trouble with sexism. And I'm right on
target, and I am hardly the only one or the first one to point out Mr.
Minear has frequently shown Cordy a basic lack of respect.

> I think you have some serious issues here. Get the proper
> professional help. ATA is not the place for it.
>
> And if you are a writer jerking around, you suck at it.

Frankly your amusement at rape, your vicious, unprovoked attack at
someone who never made a personal comment when indicate you might have
some anger management issues.

> The problem is the scenes in Angel you are discussing, only one
> fits, Epiphany. And it wasn't a rape scene as much as a infection
> scene, or being made a host scene.

Their explicit rape illusions

> So you have facial hair issues too?
>

> I didn't fun of your opinion. Why are threatened by
> >mine? Unless you have a problem with women?

You are definitely threatened by women or why the facial hair swipe?

> No, only idiots. But you aren't. You either have severe
> emotional problems or you are a writer (the use of fun
> in the above manner fits the pattern on BtVS and A:TS)
> trying to be a jerk. I hope the latter, for your sake.
>
> Otherwise, please do get the proper help.
>

> (I'm gonna have to Google some of these things, cause I keep
> seeing similar arguments again and again. I swear I've had
> this idiotic argument before.)

Because other people feel the same way. And that you would react
would such venom, well frankly, I hope you do get the help you so
obviously need. As I'm in this field, if you need help finding a
professional in your area, I can help you.

BTR1701

May 7, 2003, 6:39:03 PM5/7/03
mlgm...@yahoo.com (MLGM) wrote:

> swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote in message

> > The problem is the scenes in Angel you are discussing, only one

> > fits, Epiphany. And it wasn't a rape scene as much as a infection
> > scene, or being made a host scene.
>
> Their explicit rape illusions

Don't you mean "They're explicit rape allusions"?

'Cause if they are illusions, then they aren't real so it isn't rape.

Terry McNeal

May 7, 2003, 7:10:46 PM5/7/03
On 06 May 2003 22:17:55 GMT, swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote:

:mlgm...@yahoo.com (MLGM) wrote:
:
:>Well, I gotta confess I don't understand at all why someone like Mr.
:>Minear who has really shown his disdain for strong women characters
:>like Cordelia would want to write a show focusing on a strong woman.
:
:Terry! You've changed your handle? :-)

Naw. I see where this poster is coming from, but I agree she
overstates the case. And Timmy seemed to like Kate well enough, so it
isn't all strong women characters he disdains. Besides, if this news
is true, I'll just enjoy the irony inherent in Timmy going off to run
a show about a woman who gets visions of the helpless... um, I mean
needy, who need help.

Terry

Michael

May 7, 2003, 8:00:17 PM5/7/03
timm...@aol.com (Tim Minear) wrote in message news:<20030505224337...@mb-m11.aol.com>...

> >>So Tim, two quick questions: 1) If Eliza had been interested, do you think a
> Faith series would have been green-lighted;<<
>
> It already had been. Studio and network were all on board.
>
> >> and 2) Can you give us your best
> guess as to whether the WB is going to renew "Angel?" I figure it can't hurt to
> ask since you were good enough to post here. :)<<
>
> Honestly, we won't know until they announce. Just don't know, they've given no
> hints.
I kind of doubt this talk is regarding Angel, because as Tim says,
they won't know til the announcement.

So either Firefly that has been "Re-Lit".

Or...

(wild ass guess here) The PTB at Fox really hated the new Eliza Dushku
pilot and have already killed it. So she put her services back on
offer to "spin" with Faith. It's possible...

I'd be a lot more happy if Firefly were back on the air, but "Faith"
would be a good consolation prize.

SWeick

May 8, 2003, 1:18:21 PM5/8/03
In article <1n4jbvg244nmau5ur...@4ax.com>, Terry McNeal
<tymc...@remove.this.hotmail.com> writes:

>On 06 May 2003 22:17:55 GMT, swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote:
>
>:mlgm...@yahoo.com (MLGM) wrote:
>:
>:>Well, I gotta confess I don't understand at all why someone like Mr.
>:>Minear who has really shown his disdain for strong women characters
>:>like Cordelia would want to write a show focusing on a strong woman.
>:
>:Terry! You've changed your handle? :-)
>
>Naw. I see where this poster is coming from, but I agree she
>overstates the case.

I think you're understating her overstating.

And Timmy seemed to like Kate well enough, so it
>isn't all strong women characters he disdains.

(Xander to Cordelia in WML2):

Xander: Not just any girl. (nods) You're special.

BTW, didn't Timmy have Kate try to commit suicide?
(Granted, so was Angel.)

Besides, if this news
>is true, I'll just enjoy the irony inherent in Timmy going off to run
>a show about a woman who gets visions of the helpless... um, I mean
>needy, who need help.

Well, at least he's not retreading on previously covered ground. :-)

Dan Milburn

May 8, 2003, 2:35:46 PM5/8/03

'Billy'?

Dan

Terry McNeal

May 8, 2003, 7:35:05 PM5/8/03
On 08 May 2003 17:18:21 GMT, swe...@aol.com (SWeick) wrote:

:In article <1n4jbvg244nmau5ur...@4ax.com>, Terry McNeal
:<tymc...@remove.this.hotmail.com> writes:
:
:>Naw. I see where this poster is coming from, but I agree she

:>overstates the case.
:
:I think you're understating her overstating.

It's somewhere between a B/A 'shipper defending BuffyNAngle's Twue Wuv
and PJ defending Connor.

: And Timmy seemed to like Kate well enough, so it

:>isn't all strong women characters he disdains.
:
:(Xander to Cordelia in WML2):
:
:Xander: Not just any girl. (nods) You're special.

I snipped a similar thought. I thought it might be rude.

:BTW, didn't Timmy have Kate try to commit suicide?
:(Granted, so was Angel.)

Yes, after her entire life collapsed around her. Timmy would have
Cordy attempt suicide if Laura Ashley became de rigueur.

: Besides, if this news

:>is true, I'll just enjoy the irony inherent in Timmy going off to run
:>a show about a woman who gets visions of the helpless... um, I mean
:>needy, who need help.
:
:Well, at least he's not retreading on previously covered ground. :-)

We'll see. Maybe his lead character will only have cameos in every
episode.

Terry