Newsgroup virus

Oscar.Myers

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
Hi everyone, I just wanted to warn everyone that My computer has picked
up a worm virus that spreads through newsgroups. It's deactivated now but
I'm not sure witch group I've gotten it from. I would recomend that anyone
In this group should run a virus scan on there computer to make sure that
they don't get it as well, for more information on this virus use the
following URL http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=10509

Stanley Rosenthal

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
Oscar, do you own McAfee stock?

[[ Another dangerous aspect of this Internet worm is the ability to
continuously re-infect yourself if the preview pane is enabled and you
browse between folders specifically the "sent" folder which happens to
contain the Internet worm within a message. ]]

And if you're doing that and that happens, then *YOU*'re the person who sent
the virus out in the first place, 'right'?

Stan

Stanley Rosenthal

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
Oh yea, if you're worried about newsgroup viruses, simply read the newsgroup
from a webbased newsgroup reader (like www.remarq.com).

Stan

Stanley Rosenthal

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
>Oh yea, if you're worried about newsgroup viruses, simply read the newsgroup
>from a webbased newsgroup reader (like www.remarq.com).
>

>Stan

--Lex

"Well I would keep it above, but then it wouldn't be sky anymore. So if I give
it to you, you have to promise to keep it whole." --R.E.M., "Fall On Me"

The Enlightened Monkeys
www.mp3.com/asimko