Finally.. SG gives an interview

1 view

RaYzor

May 19, 2003, 5:39:49 PM5/19/03
An interview sith SG
with a guest appearance by Terry

SG = Steve
TE= Terry
IV = Interviewer

IV: Hello, SG and thanks for taking the time out to talk with us.

SG: Yes, well it is your pleasure I am sure.

IV: OK, SG, lets get down to it. You are somewhat of a famouse Amiga user
from what we hear... is this a fair statement?

SG: Well, I am the most knowledgeable Amiga user there ever was. And will
ever be. No one can match my lightning fast thinking and documented facts
about Amiga and its powers when they chat with me. No one has ever used an
Amiga as extensively or as professionally as I have, either. I guess you
would say I am the Master of Amiga and the be-all end-all authority on the
machine and its billions of professional apps.

IV: Billions of professional apps? That sounds like quit a bit! Can you
name a few for those not familiar with Amiga and its software?

SG: No, I will not do that. You and/or the readers can research it if you
like, I haven't got the time to list them all.

IV: Can you name ONE perhaps, to maybe give an idea where to start?

SG: If you are too lazy to find out yourself, I will not tell you.

IV: ok, ok ... moving on. It has been stated by you that the only
professional computer setups on earth would be a really fast PPC amiga
running apps like ImageFX. Can you elaborate?

SG: Well, quite simply put, nothing can match the features of the OS and
apps, nor the speed of the blazingly fast PPC chip... in fact... I would
dare say that 50 AMD Dual Hammer setups combined with 50 Dual Intel Zeon
setups can not function as well as a stock A1000 for speed. Now, take this
awesome power, and believe me, it is awesome, and add an app like ImageFX
which crushes anything else available, and it just cannot be beaten.

IV: ummm ... so a total of 100 Server-caliber PC's, running a total of 200
CPU's, cannot match the power of an unexpanded Amiga 1000?

SG: Right.

IV: Well, you're the expert. Joining us now is Terry, another Amiga guru..
hi Terry.

TE: DO NOT QUESTION SG!! What SG says is gospel. All hail SG.

IV: right.... ok onto next question: You claim you have proved, time and
time again your statements about the Amiga being the most powerful machine
with the best OS and apps available today. Could you possibly show the
readers some proof?

SG: Again, I have not the time, as the amount of proof is infinte. They can
search and find it easily enough.

TE: SG IS MASTER!!!

IV: Allrite, you seem to be adamant about people finding your research. Why
can't you just post a few examples with proof or a screenshot or something?

SG: Look, over there, a bus full of children and nuns on fire!!

IV: What???!
(IV looks around and sees nothing)

TE: Lord SG will save them with his magnificent powers!!

IV: Terry, you seem to be a close friend of SG's. How did you meet?

TE: I needed an Amiga PPC built and SG's name came up. It was a great
machine too, he did a wonderful job. Except the part where the battery
leaked all over the motherboard and killed it. But, the SG giveth and the
SG taketh away....

IV: Allrite then... something odd about your relationship. Moving on...
what do you think, SG, of all the claims that you are a fraud?

SG: they are completely biased propaganda from anti-Amiga pro-Windows
whiners. It is statisitcally impossible for me to be incorrect and a fraud,
as I am in the U.S. Air Force, as well as being the smartest person on the
planet.

IV: Speaking of your career, one has to wonder why a full time Air Force
oficer would need to run 4 PC's and an Amiga constantly, all the while
moaning about how Windows and PC's and Photoshop suck. Could you tell us?

SG: As a pilot in the USAF, you must realize that we MUST produce videos and
professionally modify pictures constantly. Thas what pilots do. Of course
the Amiga is billions of orders of magnitude faster than a PC, and the
software is a trillion times better than anything available on any other
platform. This should tell you why I think PC's suck. Are you stupid or
something?

IV: ... no need to attack me ...

TE: SILENCE INFIDEL! IF SG SAYS YOU ARE STUPID THAN SO BE IT!!

IV: wow.

IV: SG, it has come to my attention that not too long ago, Dave Haynie (an
ex Commodore engineer whose credits include the Commodore 128 and several
Amiga models) gave you a verbal smackdown in the newsgroups you commonly
post in. He provided facts, and to be honest, irrefutable evidence. He
proved you wrong on many accounts. You never responded to his posts with so
much as a rebuttal. Why is this?

SG: It simply never happened.

(at this point Terry started swatting at the air and yelling something about
elves and pixies and ran off)

SG: You see, Haynie never made any Amiga. He has never used one. No one
has except myself and Terry.

IV: OK, closing question. You claimed earlier that the ONLY professional
machines and software being used anywhere on the planet earth are Amiga's
runing things like Toaster Paint, ImageFX, etc. If this true, how come no
one in any professional video and DTP business contacted in a 100 store
survey over 15 states in the USA has ever even HEARD of the Amiga, and the
few that have, stopped using them long ago?

SG: Simply put, they are not pros. You must be calling soccer moms at day
care centers.

SG: Now I must go, no more questions. Consider this a free schooling.

(SG disappears in a blue column of light set off by a shiny disc shaped
object)

_______________

RaYzor

Brian E. Doe

May 19, 2003, 7:22:52 PM5/19/03
On Mon, 19 May 2003 21:39:49 GMT, "RaYzor" ranted and raved about
<Facya.18321$5y5...@twister.nyroc.rr.com> in :

> An interview sith SG
> with a guest appearance by Terry

[snip]

Rayzor, you owe me a new laptop, as reading this post caused me to laugh so
hard it fell off my lap and I rolled all over it! =:)

--
Brian Team *AMIGA* NewsCoaster v1.54
Member "I Am Amiga" Fan Club

David S Lund

May 19, 2003, 2:26:53 PM5/19/03
On Mon, 19 May 2003 23:22:52 GMT, "Brian E. Doe" wrote:

> On Mon, 19 May 2003 21:39:49 GMT, "RaYzor" ranted and raved about
> <Facya.18321$5y5...@twister.nyroc.rr.com> in :
>
> > An interview sith SG
> > with a guest appearance by Terry
>
> [snip]
>
> Rayzor, you owe me a new laptop, as reading this post caused me to laugh so
> hard it fell off my lap and I rolled all over it! =:)

I agree...was pretty funny. :)

David

--
Amiga user since 1987 (way before Steve!!) :)

RaYzor

May 19, 2003, 9:16:58 PM5/19/03

"David S Lund" <ds...@charterinternet.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 19 May 2003 23:22:52 GMT, "Brian E. Doe" wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 19 May 2003 21:39:49 GMT, "RaYzor" ranted and raved about
> > <Facya.18321$5y5...@twister.nyroc.rr.com> in :
> >
> > > An interview sith SG
> > > with a guest appearance by Terry
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Rayzor, you owe me a new laptop, as reading this post caused me to laugh
so
> > hard it fell off my lap and I rolled all over it! =:)
> >

> I agree...was pretty funny. :)
>
> David

hehe... well, the material is there to work with....

Also, you should have insurance on your laptop. :)

RaYzor

Gary Beeton

May 20, 2003, 1:04:21 AM5/20/03
"RaYzor" <n...@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote in

> An interview sith SG
> with a guest appearance by Terry

Priceless. Almost as funny as Steve and Terry themselves! Good one,
RaYzor.

--
Gary Beeton

Andre Sch.

May 22, 2003, 3:10:12 AM5/22/03
RaYzor wrote:

ok, I don't know the whole story...but I think I have missed
something...

Very funny...please tell me, when the video of this interview is
ready :-)

Regards
Andre, Germany

Brian E. Doe

May 22, 2003, 6:38:15 PM5/22/03
On Tue, 20 May 2003 01:16:58 GMT, "RaYzor" ranted and raved about
<emfya.18459$5y5....@twister.nyroc.rr.com> in :

Gah! Details, details... =:)

--
Brian Team *AMIGA* NewsCoaster v1.56

Sparky Mark

May 22, 2003, 9:21:49 PM5/22/03
Sorry for top-posting, but....

That was the funniest thing I've read in ages. I found old messages from
about 3 years ago on alt.amiga, and there was a guy on there called Bill
Millay who was almost as bad.

--
Sparky Mark
"1 in 30 elephants will die as a result of spontaneous combustion."

http://www.moglesby.karoo.net

"RaYzor" <n...@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote in message
> [...]

Andreas Eibach

May 24, 2003, 8:33:09 AM5/24/03

"Gary Beeton" <gbe...@shaw.ca> schrieb:
> "RaYzor" <n...@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote in

> > An interview sith SG
> > with a guest appearance by Terry
>
> Priceless. Almost as funny as Steve and Terry themselves! Good one,
> RaYzor.

That's a huge load of insider jokes. Someone who doesn't either know [ = me]
who 'SG' and 'TE' with full name (first + last) actually are, can't laugh
here.

Andreas

Andreas Eibach

May 24, 2003, 8:34:17 AM5/24/03

"Andreas Eibach" <aei...@despammed.com> schrieb:

> That's a huge load of insider jokes. Someone who doesn't either know [ =
me]
> who 'SG' and 'TE' with full name (first + last) actually are, can't laugh
> here.
Addendum: Please note that there are people who do NOT read csaa at all but
only csag.

Andreas

Brian E. Doe

May 24, 2003, 11:07:02 AM5/24/03
On Sat, 24 May 2003 14:33:09 +0200, "Andreas Eibach" ranted and raved about
<banonq$1o3pv$1...@ID-31032.news.dfncis.de> in :

Not a problem. You only need to hang around in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy for a
few months to fully understand what that was all about. =:)

You can even browse through past posts on the newsgroup via Google to get a
good idea about all that!

Andreas Eibach

May 24, 2003, 6:21:21 PM5/24/03

"Brian E. Doe" <bdoe.sp...@nozirev.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 May 2003 14:33:09 +0200, "Andreas Eibach" ranted and raved
about
> > That's a huge load of insider jokes. Someone who doesn't either know [ =
me]
> > who 'SG' and 'TE' with full name (first + last) actually are, can't
laugh
> > here.
>
> Not a problem. You only need to hang around in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy
for a
> few months to fully understand what that was all about. =:)
I don't read this group. I never did. And hey, I'm still alive. ;)

> You can even browse through past posts on the newsgroup via Google to get
> good idea about all that!

Does this really fulfil my idealistic thoughts of life? ;)
(much simpler: 'Fraid that I don't care a f* about all that talk there. ;))

Andreas

Brian E. Doe

May 25, 2003, 12:44:07 AM5/25/03
On Sun, 25 May 2003 00:21:21 +0200, "Andreas Eibach" ranted and raved about
<baor6m$23g1d$1...@ID-31032.news.dfncis.de> in :

Point well made! =:)