Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

HP48GX user manual

Visto 190 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

jeff

no leída,
17 sept 2002, 23:26:5717/9/02
Hello... I recently purchased a HP48GX that didn't have a user manual
and am in the process of migrating to the HP's from a TI-89. I was
wondering if anyone knew of an online tutorial or manual for the 48. I
spend a lot of time trying to figure out simple functions, and would
like a little explanation for stuff. Things can be somewhat mystical
with this calculator.
BTW, I like many of the features of the 48, but is there a reason why
it is so *SLOW* to do stuff like integrals and derivatives? I have the
PC cable on the way so I can try out software from hpcalc.org... are
the programs there a large improvement over the out-of-the-box
functions?
thanks in advance,
jeff

R Lion

no leída,
18 sept 2002, 2:21:5218/9/02

"jeff" <jos...@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje

1)I think you can download the user's manual from hpcalc
2)YES. The software can improve the features VERY MUCH. Try Alg48 and Erable
if you are interested in Maths, Stat48Pro for Statistics. If you have a
128kb in slot1, try MetaKernel and you will not go back...
Look for software in your field: it will be worth.

Raul

ANDREA CREMA

no leída,
18 sept 2002, 15:58:3018/9/02
R Lion <pit...@NOSPAMyahoo.es> wrote in message am95au$m3a$1...@titan.bt.es...

> "jeff" <jos...@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
> 2)YES. The software can improve the features VERY MUCH.
Of course.

>MetaKernel and you will not go back...

I have just gone back.

Port >=2: Alg48 & add-on,UFL,QPI, TED(VV
command),Neopolys,Bode-Routh,Bodepack, Solvesys and much more..
Port 1: Erable,Java
Port 0: Completly free.

Maybe there's a better configuration with the MK and the port 0 free.

Best regards, Andrea.

R Lion

no leída,
18 sept 2002, 17:00:5018/9/02

"ANDREA CREMA" <egn...@tin.it> escribió en el mensaje

> Maybe there's a better configuration with the MK and the port 0 free.
>
> Best regards, Andrea.

I have used many tricks for getting as more free memory as possible
(converting my programs in libraries, "hiding" in libraries the MK system
programs like STARTED, etc). Before a warmstart I get near 33000 bytes free:
enougth for the everyday work. If I need more space (for some transfers,
spliting libraries, for instance) I purge Erable from port 0. At the end, I
copy the backup from port 9 to port 0 and warmstart.
I used Java years ago, and really it's good, but MK is MUCH better: the
editors for text, matrix, equations, fonts, are fast and they let you things
like cut, copy and paste.

From hpcalc:

"The Meta Kernel transforms the HP48 from a good calculator to an excellent
calculator... The HP48 is like a brand new calculator when the Meta Kernel
is installed, with nearly every interface function working faster and with
more features."

Raul

DanielV

no leída,
18 sept 2002, 21:18:5218/9/02
Jeff,

If you're in the US, you can try to buy a set of manuals (getting
started and user's guide) from www.calcpro.com for $25.

Regards,
Daniel

Joyce Betts

no leída,
18 sept 2002, 23:53:5718/9/02
I got several manuals/books as well as plug in cards on Ebay.
Regards, There is a lot of HP48GX stuff listed.

Regards,

Byron

ee4fun

no leída,
19 sept 2002, 23:29:2819/9/02
Jose:
Download the manual at www.hpcalc.org or at
http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/hp48gug.zip

It is about 16MB so good luck if u have 56k

ee4fun

jos...@yahoo.com (jeff) wrote in message news:<75021702.02091...@posting.google.com>...

0 mensajes nuevos