EDLIS Who Has Which Boot (BDBDB) New Services

EDLIS Who Has Which Boot

Dec 19, 2001, 10:23:55 AM12/19/01

/<<<<<
__________________ /
_/ || ~~~ ~-_ /
,/ // cO-~~/~- /~-/_________---------------//
-----------------------------------\-------------------____________ __//
O-------------- ~~^ | |~|
}======{--------\____________________|______________________________ ||
\===== / /~~~\ \ \ | ________________________|-~
\----| \___/ ||--------------------'----------| \____/ //
`______'' `_______'
Good car to drive, after a war

http://www.edlis.org/bdbdb/images/goodcar.gif
The EDLIS Who Has Which Bob Dylan Boot Database (BDBDB) now has enhanced online
queries, the capability for entering your trading list interactively through
online forms, and better list-generating features. EDLIS hopes the new automated
system will be more convenient for everyone!

Access the BDBDB at the usual URL: http://www.edlis.org/bdbdb/
Click on the CD or vinyl boot links or the "Join Now" link to access the
interactive system.

All users must create a "Criminal Profile" and validate their email address
to access the enhanced system. Guest access is available anonymously, but only
queries may be performed.

Registered users may sign up at any of three "membership levels":

(1) Master Thief -- will provide trades & information to those EDLIS refers to
them.
(2) Misdemeanor Outlaw -- will provide information only (no trades).
(3) Stranger Nobody Sees -- will assist EDLIS but will not take email referrals.

At present, if you need a referral to get information about a specific title,
you will still need to email the request to <bd...@edlis.org>. Once a "critical
mass" of contributors have listed their boots in the system, EDLIS plans to add
online querying for referrals. Also, any boots not shown in the current database
should be reported via email to <bd...@edlis.org> (We plan to add that
capability to the automated system in the future, too.)

Any suggestions, bug reports, etc. should be directed to <bd...@edlis.org>.
(Requests for new features aren't likely to see fast action but are always
welcome.)

Enjoy. Heaux heaux heaux.

Joe
bd...@edlis.org
--
"Obviously, I'm not an IBM computer any more than I'm an ashtray."
- Dylan

nates

Dec 19, 2001, 6:32:36 AM12/19/01
EDLIS Who Has Which Boot wrote:

> /<<<<<
> __________________ /
> _/ || ~~~ ~-_ /
> ,/ // cO-~~/~- /~-/_________---------------//
> -----------------------------------\-------------------____________ __//
> O-------------- ~~^ | |~|
> }======{--------\____________________|______________________________ ||
> \===== / /~~~\ \ \ | ________________________|-~
> \----| \___/ ||--------------------'----------| \____/ //
> `______'' `_______'
> Good car to drive, after a war
>
> http://www.edlis.org/bdbdb/images/goodcar.gif
> Enjoy. Heaux heaux heaux.
>
> Joe
> bd...@edlis.org

wow! the car is out of the shop! no bashed in frontend!
i can finally put the bus in the garage!

great job, djeaux!

- gneight

EDLIS Who Has Which Boot

Dec 19, 2001, 1:22:05 PM12/19/01

Thanques, gneight!

We had the boys in the auto body class at the EDLIS Restitution Cent(r)e(r) work
on the grille. Jemima surrendered the fender. New raccoon tail, too. They are
working on installing the new Fockford-Rosgate steereo (hot, of course) now with
a 200-boot changer in the, er, boot.

BTW, anyone who had a problem with the email confirmation at the site yesterday
(pre-"roll out") should have received an updated email with instructions for
entering the system & completing registration.

djeaux

djeaux

Dec 19, 2001, 2:48:19 PM12/19/01
EDLIS Who Has Which Boot wrote:

> /<<<<<
> __________________ /
> _/ || ~~~ ~-_ /
> ,/ // cO-~~/~- /~-/_________---------------//
> -----------------------------------\-------------------____________ __//
> O-------------- ~~^ | |~|
> }======{--------\____________________|______________________________ ||
> \===== / /~~~\ \ \ | ________________________|-~
> \----| \___/ ||--------------------'----------| \____/ //
> `______'' `_______'
> Good car to drive, after a war
>
> http://www.edlis.org/bdbdb/images/goodcar.gif

Any users who registered between 09:26 A.M. CST and 01:45 CST should return to
http://www.edlis.org/bdbdb/bdbdb.cgi and re-create their Criminal Profiles.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joe
(wiping egg off face with large UNIX towel)

djeaux

Dec 19, 2001, 3:15:23 PM12/19/01
EDLIS Who Has Which Boot wrote:

> /<<<<<
> __________________ /
> _/ || ~~~ ~-_ /
> ,/ // cO-~~/~- /~-/_________---------------//
> -----------------------------------\-------------------____________ __//
> O-------------- ~~^ | |~|
> }======{--------\____________________|______________________________ ||
> Good car to drive, after a war
>
> http://www.edlis.org/bdbdb/images/goodcar.gif

Due to an unrecoverable error, anyone who registered between 9:26 CST and 1:45
CST, Wednesday 19 December 2001, should re-create their Criminal Profile at:

http://www.edlis.org/bdbdb/cgi/bdbdb.cgi

The problem has been fixed and will not recur. I hope <sheepish grin>...

Sorry for the inconvenience.