Test Your Dylan Knowledge (Part 2)

John Dunne

Feb 9, 2002, 2:56:09 PM2/9/02
Right, ladies & gentleman, time to rack your brains again. As before,
the answer to each clue is the title of a Dylan song. Good luck.
John

1. Beethoven Op. 27 No.2
2. Si tu dois partir
3. Of the genus Corvus?
4. American cowslip
5. Mournful music
6. Totally discarded
7. Frank Ifield had a similarly-titled hit in 1962
8. Definitely between 3rd and 5th?
9. Where I live in the East
10. Top of the charts
11. Opening line of Costello and Langer's 'Shipbuilding'.
12. Bob's Rasta patois
13. Thoroughfare owned by French royal family?
14. Adieu
15. À la an auctioneer
16. Outlaw received a letter
17. Holy man of Hippo on nocturnal visit
18. Title of Canned Heat single
19. Bob could dedicate this one to novelist Walker
20. Co-written with Roger McGuinn
21. Engage in campanology
22. Trio at the bottom of celestial hierarchy
23. No mail!
24. It's in New Mexico
25. Never asked to dance?
26. Eldorado
27. Lennon issued a riposte to this
28. Add a definite article for one of Moore's Melodies
29. Beck may gasp (anagram)
30. No warmonger
31. Olivia Newton-John covered this
32. On the threshold
33. Did she eventually expectorate?
34. Diluted affection
35. His tongue could only flatter
36. Of cardiac origin
37. Suspicious male wearing dark outer garment
38. Mere vagrant
39. The lady's mine
40. She's almost a medicinal herb
41. Haven
42. Portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in 1974
43. Matutinal rendezvous
44. She could be from Tennessee or Texas
45. The full monty!
46. Dedicated to Woodrow Wilson from Okfuskee County
47. Hardly arrives on time?
48. Identical to General Stratton's depression?
49. The first line of the Biograph version embraces both Milton and the
Bible
50. Black Panther

Michael Farry

Feb 9, 2002, 3:57:40 PM2/9/02

A Sheain,
Is true nach bhfuil rud níos fearr le déanamh ag muinteoir bocht Éireannach
oíche Shathairn.
Micheál.

John Dunne <pur...@eircom.net> wrote in message

> Right, ladies & gentleman, time to rack your brains again. As before,
> the answer to each clue is the title of a Dylan song. Good luck.

Written by and/or performed by and/or recorded by?

> John
>
> 1. Beethoven Op. 27 No.2

Moonlight

> 2. Si tu dois partir
> 3. Of the genus Corvus?

Black Crow Blues

> 4. American cowslip
> 5. Mournful music

Dirge
> 6. Totally discarded
What good am I?

> 7. Frank Ifield had a similarly-titled hit in 1962

I'll Remember You

> 8. Definitely between 3rd and 5th?

Positively 4th Street

> 9. Where I live in the East

> 10. Top of the charts
> 11. Opening line of Costello and Langer's 'Shipbuilding'.

Is it worth it?

> 12. Bob's Rasta patois
> 13. Thoroughfare owned by French royal family?

Bourbon Street
> 14. Adieu
Restless Farewell

> 15. À la an auctioneer
> 16. Outlaw received a letter
> 17. Holy man of Hippo on nocturnal visit

I Dreamed I saw St. Augustine

> 18. Title of Canned Heat single
> 19. Bob could dedicate this one to novelist Walker

> 20. Co-written with Roger McGuinn
> 21. Engage in campanology

Ring them Bells

> 22. Trio at the bottom of celestial hierarchy
> 23. No mail!

Call Letter Blues.

> 24. It's in New Mexico

Durango

> 25. Never asked to dance?
> 26. Eldorado
> 27. Lennon issued a riposte to this

4th Time Around

> 28. Add a definite article for one of Moore's Melodies

Minstrel Boy

> 29. Beck may gasp (anagram)
> 30. No warmonger

Man of Peace

> 31. Olivia Newton-John covered this

If Not for You
> 32. On the threshold
Standing in the doorway

> 33. Did she eventually expectorate?
> 34. Diluted affection

Watered down Love

> 35. His tongue could only flatter

Wicked Messenger
> 36. Of cardiac origin
Heart of Mine

> 37. Suspicious male wearing dark outer garment

Man in the long black coat
> 38. Mere vagrant

> 39. The lady's mine

She Belongs to Me

> 40. She's almost a medicinal herb

Rosemary
> 41. Haven
Shelter from the Storm

> 42. Portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in 1974

Lenny (Bruce)
> 43. Matutinal rendezvous
Meet me in the Morning

> 44. She could be from Tennessee or Texas

Brownsville Girl

> 45. The full monty!
> 46. Dedicated to Woodrow Wilson from Okfuskee County

Song to Woody

> 47. Hardly arrives on time?

Broke down engine

> 48. Identical to General Stratton's depression?

Dirt Road Blues

> 49. The first line of the Biograph version embraces both Milton and the
> Bible

Carribean Wind
> 50. Black Panther
George Jackson

John Dunne

Feb 9, 2002, 4:20:09 PM2/9/02
Is fíor duit, a Mhichíl, nach ormsa atá an tádh! Ar aghaidh leat anois
agus tosaigh ar na ceisteanna breá éasca sin! Bíodh na freagraí go léir
ar an gclárdubh agat roimh an Luan! Maith an buachaill.
Le gach dea-ghuí
Seán
Michael Farry <s...@indigo.ie> wrote in message

John Dunne

keith.smith11

Feb 9, 2002, 4:37:42 PM2/9/02
1 Moonlight
5 dirge
7 I"ll remember you
8 Positively 4th street
10 Number one
11 Is it worth it
18 On the road again
24 Durango
25 Wallflower
27 Gotta serve somebody
30 Man Of peace
34 Watered down love
37 Man in the long black coat
38 Only a hobo

M. LeBlanc

Feb 9, 2002, 4:44:30 PM2/9/02
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 19:56:09 -0000, "John Dunne" <pur...@eircom.net>
wrote:

>Right, ladies & gentleman, time to rack your brains again. As before,
>the answer to each clue is the title of a Dylan song. Good luck.
>John
>
>1. Beethoven Op. 27 No.2

moonlight (beethoven's moonlight sonata)

>2. Si tu dois partir

if you gotta go, go now

>3. Of the genus Corvus?

black crow blues
>4. American cowslip
shooting star
>5. Mournful music
dirge
>6. Totally discarded
i threw it all away

>7. Frank Ifield had a similarly-titled hit in 1962

i remember you

>8. Definitely between 3rd and 5th?

positively 4th st.

>9. Where I live in the East
>10. Top of the charts
>11. Opening line of Costello and Langer's 'Shipbuilding'.
>12. Bob's Rasta patois

i and i

>13. Thoroughfare owned by French royal family?
>14. Adieu

farewell

>15. À la an auctioneer
>16. Outlaw received a letter
>17. Holy man of Hippo on nocturnal visit

i dreamed i saw st. augustine

>18. Title of Canned Heat single
>19. Bob could dedicate this one to novelist Walker
>20. Co-written with Roger McGuinn
>21. Engage in campanology

ring them bells

>22. Trio at the bottom of celestial hierarchy

three angels

>23. No mail!
>24. It's in New Mexico

santa fe

>25. Never asked to dance?

wallflower

>26. Eldorado
>27. Lennon issued a riposte to this

gotta serve somebody

>28. Add a definite article for one of Moore's Melodies
>29. Beck may gasp (anagram)

my back pages
>30. No warmonger
(sometimes satan comes as a) man of peace

>31. Olivia Newton-John covered this

if not for you

>32. On the threshold
>33. Did she eventually expectorate?

suze (the cough song)
>34. Diluted affection
watered down love

>35. His tongue could only flatter

the wicked messenger
>36. Of cardiac origin
coming from the heart

>37. Suspicious male wearing dark outer garment

man in the long black coat
>38. Mere vagrant
only a hobo

>39. The lady's mine

she belongs to me

>40. She's almost a medicinal herb

angelina
(angelica = medicinal herb)
>41. Haven
shelter from the storm

>42. Portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in 1974

lenny bruce
>43. Matutinal rendezvous
meet me in the morning

>44. She could be from Tennessee or Texas

brownsville girl

>45. The full monty!
>46. Dedicated to Woodrow Wilson from Okfuskee County
>47. Hardly arrives on time?
>48. Identical to General Stratton's depression?

just like tom thumb's blues

>49. The first line of the Biograph version embraces both Milton and the
>Bible
>50. Black Panther

george jackson

maureen and george

keith.smith11

Feb 9, 2002, 5:01:30 PM2/9/02

"John Dunne" <pur...@eircom.net> wrote in message
if not for you

karen

Feb 9, 2002, 6:20:32 PM2/9/02
John these are tougher than last time.

heres a few at first look.

5. dirge
8. positively 4th street
15. going going gone
19. To Ramona?
25. wallflower
35. the wicked messenger
37 man in the long black coat
38. only a hobo
39 she belongs to me
46. song to Woody

karen

Feb 9, 2002, 6:40:04 PM2/9/02
a few more

6. i threw it all away
14. bye & bye
23. nothing was delivered
30. man of peace
32. standing in the doorway
33. suze
34. watered down love
35. tight connection to my heart?

karen

Feb 9, 2002, 7:16:27 PM2/9/02
36 coming from the heart (not tight connection)

29 my back pages
41. shelter from the storm
43. meet me in the morning

45 the full monty?? ---- tiny montgomery ;)

Liz

Feb 9, 2002, 9:18:15 PM2/9/02
12. I & I ?
21. Ring Them Bells
24. Santa Fe
42. Lenny Bruce
44. Brownsville Girl

karen

Feb 9, 2002, 9:52:34 PM2/9/02
I think these are the only ones left

> 9. Where I live in the East - hard times in ny town? new orleans rag?
> 16. Outlaw received a letter - gotta serve somebody! dear landlord?
> 26. Eldorado - days of 49
> 45. The full monty! final theme? eternal circle??
> 47. Hardly arrives on time? born in time, 4th time around,?

M. LeBlanc

Feb 9, 2002, 11:24:53 PM2/9/02

>On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 19:56:09 -0000, "John Dunne" <pur...@eircom.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Right, ladies & gentleman, time to rack your brains again. As before,
>>the answer to each clue is the title of a Dylan song. Good luck.
>>John
>>

>>26. Eldorado

Golden Loom

Maureen and George

Bob Gill

Feb 10, 2002, 12:06:37 AM2/10/02
John Dunne wrote:

> Right, ladies & gentleman, time to rack your brains again. As before,
> the answer to each clue is the title of a Dylan song. Good luck.
> John
>
> 1. Beethoven Op. 27 No.2
> 2. Si tu dois partir

If you gotta go, go now

> 3. Of the genus Corvus?
> 4. American cowslip
> 5. Mournful music
> 6. Totally discarded
> 7. Frank Ifield had a similarly-titled hit in 1962
> 8. Definitely between 3rd and 5th?

Positively 4th Street

> 9. Where I live in the East
> 10. Top of the charts

Number One.

> 11. Opening line of Costello and Langer's 'Shipbuilding'.
> 12. Bob's Rasta patois
> 13. Thoroughfare owned by French royal family?
> 14. Adieu

Farewell (or is Restless Farewell?)

> 15. À la an auctioneer

Going, Going, Gone

> 16. Outlaw received a letter
> 17. Holy man of Hippo on nocturnal visit

I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine

> 18. Title of Canned Heat single
> 19. Bob could dedicate this one to novelist Walker
> 20. Co-written with Roger McGuinn

Ballad of Easy Rider

> 21. Engage in campanology
> 22. Trio at the bottom of celestial hierarchy
> 23. No mail!

Nothing Was Delivered

> 24. It's in New Mexico

Santa Fe.

> 25. Never asked to dance?

Wallflower?

> 26. Eldorado

Days of '49?

> 27. Lennon issued a riposte to this

Gotta Serve Somebody

> 28. Add a definite article for one of Moore's Melodies
> 29. Beck may gasp (anagram)

My Back Pages (Pack My Bags almost works, if only he'd written something
by that name)

> 30. No warmonger

Man of Peace

> 31. Olivia Newton-John covered this

If Not For You

> 32. On the threshold

Standing in the Doorway

> 33. Did she eventually expectorate?
> 34. Diluted affection

Watered-Down Love

> 35. His tongue could only flatter

Wicked Messenger

> 36. Of cardiac origin

Coming from the Heart

> 37. Suspicious male wearing dark outer garment

Man in the Long Black Coat

> 38. Mere vagrant

Only a Hobo

> 39. The lady's mine

She Belongs to Me

> 40. She's almost a medicinal herb
> 41. Haven
> 42. Portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in 1974
> 43. Matutinal rendezvous

Meet Me in the Morning?

> 44. She could be from Tennessee or Texas

I don't know... Girl From the South Country?

> 45. The full monty!
> 46. Dedicated to Woodrow Wilson from Okfuskee County
> 47. Hardly arrives on time?
> 48. Identical to General Stratton's depression?
> 49. The first line of the Biograph version embraces both Milton and the
> Bible
> 50. Black Panther

Boy, those are tough. But fun! I bet Dylan himself couldn't get more than
half.

-- Bob G.

M. LeBlanc

Feb 10, 2002, 12:16:10 AM2/10/02
On 9 Feb 2002 18:52:34 -0800, rin...@yahoo.com (karen) wrote:

>I think these are the only ones left
>
>> 9. Where I live in the East - hard times in ny town? new orleans rag?
>> 16. Outlaw received a letter - gotta serve somebody! dear landlord?

Absolutely Sweet Marie?

>> 26. Eldorado - days of 49
>> 45. The full monty! final theme? eternal circle??
>> 47. Hardly arrives on time? born in time, 4th time around,?

Simple Twist of Fate?

Maureen and George

Phil Smith

Feb 10, 2002, 4:27:24 PM2/10/02
Here are my answers to all except 13, 16 and 26.

Phil Smith
Rugby, UK

> Right, ladies & gentleman, time to rack your brains again. As before,
> the answer to each clue is the title of a Dylan song. Good luck.
> John
>

> 1. Beethoven Op. 27 No.2 MOONLIGHT
> 2. Si tu dois partir IF YOU GOTTA GO, GO NOW
> 3. Of the genus Corvus? MINSTREL BOY
> 4. American cowslip SHOOTING STAR
> 5. Mournful music DIRGE
> 6. Totally discarded I THREW IT ALL AWAY
> 7. Frank Ifield had a similarly-titled hit in 1962 I'LL REMEMBER YOU
> 8. Definitely between 3rd and 5th? POSITIVELY 4TH STREET
> 9. Where I live in the East HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
> 10. Top of the charts #1 INSTRUMENTAL
> 11. Opening line of Costello and Langer's 'Shipbuilding'. IS IT WORTH IT
> 12. Bob's Rasta patois I & I

> 13. Thoroughfare owned by French royal family?

> 14. Adieu NEVER SAY GOODBYE
> 15. À la an auctioneer GOING, GOING, GONE

> 16. Outlaw received a letter

> 17. Holy man of Hippo on nocturnal visit I DREAMED I SAW ST AUGUSTINE
> 18. Title of Canned Heat single ON THE ROAD AGAIN
> 19. Bob could dedicate this one to novelist Walker PERCY'S SONG
> 20. Co-written with Roger McGuinn BALLAD OF EASY RIDER
> 21. Engage in campanology RING THEM BELLS
> 22. Trio at the bottom of celestial hierarchy THREE ANGELS
> 23. No mail! NOTHING WAS DELIVERED
> 24. It's in New Mexico SANTA FE
> 25. Never asked to dance? WALLFLOWER
> 26. Eldorado
> 27. Lennon issued a riposte to this GOTTA SERVE SOMEBODY
> 28. Add a definite article for one of Moore's Melodies MINSTREL BOY
> 29. Beck may gasp (anagram) MY BACK PAGES
> 30. No warmonger MAN OF PEACE
> 31. Olivia Newton-John covered this IF NOT FOR YOU
> 32. On the threshold STANDING IN THE DOORWAY
> 33. Did she eventually expectorate? SUZE (THE COUGH SONG)
> 34. Diluted affection WATERERED DOWN LOVE
> 35. His tongue could only flatter THE WICKED MESSENGER
> 36. Of cardiac origin COMING FROM THE HEART (THE ROAD IS LONG)
> 37. Suspicious male wearing dark outer garment MAN IN THE LONG BLACK COAT
> 38. Mere vagrant ONLY A HOBO
> 39. The lady's mine SHE BELONGS TO ME
> 40. She's almost a medicinal herb QUEEN JANE APPROXIMATELY
> 41. Haven SHELTER FROM THE STORM
> 42. Portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in 1974 LENNY BRUCE
> 43. Matutinal rendezvous MEET ME IN THE MORNING
> 44. She could be from Tennessee or Texas BROWNSVILLE GIRL
> 45. The full monty! TINY MONTGOMERY
> 46. Dedicated to Woodrow Wilson from Okfuskee County SONG FOR WOODY
> 47. Hardly arrives on time? BORN IN TIME
> 48. Identical to General Stratton's depression? JUST LIKE TOM THUMB'S
BLUES

> 49. The first line of the Biograph version embraces both Milton and the

> Bible CARRIBEAN WIND
> 50. Black Panther GEORGE JACKSON

raven

Feb 10, 2002, 5:17:26 PM2/10/02

Phil Smith wrote:

Bourbon Street

> > 14. Adieu NEVER SAY GOODBYE

Farewell

> > 15. À la an auctioneer GOING, GOING, GONE
> > 16. Outlaw received a letter

Desolation Row?

> > 17. Holy man of Hippo on nocturnal visit I DREAMED I SAW ST AUGUSTINE
> > 18. Title of Canned Heat single ON THE ROAD AGAIN
> > 19. Bob could dedicate this one to novelist Walker PERCY'S SONG
> > 20. Co-written with Roger McGuinn BALLAD OF EASY RIDER
> > 21. Engage in campanology RING THEM BELLS
> > 22. Trio at the bottom of celestial hierarchy THREE ANGELS
> > 23. No mail! NOTHING WAS DELIVERED
> > 24. It's in New Mexico SANTA FE
> > 25. Never asked to dance? WALLFLOWER
> > 26. Eldorado

City Of Gold

> > 27. Lennon issued a riposte to this GOTTA SERVE SOMEBODY
> > 28. Add a definite article for one of Moore's Melodies MINSTREL BOY
> > 29. Beck may gasp (anagram) MY BACK PAGES
> > 30. No warmonger MAN OF PEACE
> > 31. Olivia Newton-John covered this IF NOT FOR YOU
> > 32. On the threshold STANDING IN THE DOORWAY
> > 33. Did she eventually expectorate? SUZE (THE COUGH SONG)
> > 34. Diluted affection WATERERED DOWN LOVE
> > 35. His tongue could only flatter THE WICKED MESSENGER
> > 36. Of cardiac origin COMING FROM THE HEART (THE ROAD IS LONG)
> > 37. Suspicious male wearing dark outer garment MAN IN THE LONG BLACK COAT
> > 38. Mere vagrant ONLY A HOBO
> > 39. The lady's mine SHE BELONGS TO ME
> > 40. She's almost a medicinal herb QUEEN JANE APPROXIMATELY

Angelina

ben

Feb 10, 2002, 6:04:03 PM2/10/02

i know dylan didnt write it, but is 16 "viola lee blues"?

ben

Feb 10, 2002, 10:22:41 PM2/10/02
just for enjoyment, here is part one with the answers...

John Dunne wrote:
1. Total equine exhaustion. All the Tired Horses
2. William the First. Billy 1
3. Unadorned Delta. Ballad in Plain D
4. Was there a red rose involved in this? Spanish Harlem Incident
5. Polite request to defenestrate? Can You Please Crawl Out Your
Window?
6. Dorian Gray wanted to be this Forever Young
7. It was here that Van said "No guru, no method, no teacher". In The
Garden
8. Defunct! Defunct! Dead Man Dead Man
9. Baked food of rural origin. Country Pie
10. The Rosenbergs. Julius & Ethel
11. Flower, herb, card. Lily, Rosemary & The Jack of Hearts
12. Hey presto! Magic
13. Almost always Most of the Time
14. Dawn New Morning
15. Formerly Portuguese East Africa. Mozambique
16. Sore! Sitting On a Barbed Wire fence
17. Extra Saturday & Sunday One More Weekend
18. Manfred Mann's Earthband covered it on 'Solar Fire' Father of
Night
19. No solemn female. Jokerman
20. Not the Mungo Jerry hit. In the Summertime
21. Psalm 36.11 Foot of Pride
22. His namesake's body his body lies "a-mold'ring in the grave". Jiohn
Brown
23. I'm innocent! It Ain't Be Babe
24. Provide egress, poetic Greek. Open the Door Homer
25. William Faulkner was born near here Oxforf Town
26. Belongs to Christ Property of Jesus
27. A week Seven Days
28. Essential requirements for a solid road Rocks & Gravel
29. Immobile Stuck Inside of Mobile...
30. (It's Hell Time Man) Band of the Hand
31. Nonpareil of blues singers Blind Willie McTell
32. Add a word for Beach Boys classic God Knows (also
California)
33. Not a nut! Hazel
34. Common opening line of traditional ballads. As I Went Out One
Morning
35. Unhappy-looking Dutchwoman Sad-eyed Lady of the Lowlands
36. Jilted! Groom's Still waiting at the Altar
37. Epithalamium Wedding Song
38. Stay Put! You Ain't Going Nowhere
39. Pugilistic query Who Killed Davey Moore?
40. Diminutive namesake of British war hero Tiny Montgomery
41. Almost a regular ritual at Buckingham Palace Changing of the
Guards
42. Eschatological opinion Death is Not the End
43. She brought Osiris back to life Isis
44. Nearly the name of a Nathanael West novel Day of the Locusts
45. Certainly not an injunction to ovulate! Lay Lady lay
46. Airborne Blowin 'In The Wind
47. Keep Kissinger in the dark Don't Ya Tell Henry
48. Christain name of poet Levertov Denise
49. Impermanent Homeric hero. Temporary Like Achilles
50. Name seven Dylan songs with 'ballad' in the title. Ballad for a
Friend, Ballad in Plain D, Ballad of Hollis Brown, Ballad of Frankie
Lee and Judas Priest, Ballad of Donal White, Ballad of Easy Rider,
Ballad of a Thin Man

nates

Feb 11, 2002, 12:16:40 PM2/11/02
> 1. Beethoven Op. 27 No.2
Moonlight (note: if Beethoven Op.108, then Tombstone Blues)

> 2. Si tu dois partir
If You Gotta Go, Go Now

> 3. Of the genus Corvus?
Black Crow Blues
> 4. American cowslip
Shooting Star

> 5. Mournful music
Dirge
> 6. Totally discarded
I Threw It All Away

> 7. Frank Ifield had a similarly-titled hit in 1962

PROBLEM: I'll Remember You AND Lovesick Blues both 1962!!
i'll take the clue "similarily" NOT "identical" & go with Love Sick

> 8. Definitely between 3rd and 5th?

Positively 4th Street

> 9. Where I live in the East

Hard Times In New York Town

> 10. Top of the charts

well, he covered "Sittin' On Top Of The World"...how about
Bob Dylan's Dream, heh.

> 11. Opening line of Costello and Langer's 'Shipbuilding'.

"Is it worth it?" is not the name of any bobsong....

> 12. Bob's Rasta patois

I and I

> 13. Thoroughfare owned by French royal family?

Bourbon Street
> 14. Adieu
Farewell

> 15. À la an auctioneer

Going, Going, Gone

> 16. Outlaw received a letter

John Wesley Hardin-G

> 17. Holy man of Hippo on nocturnal visit

I Dreamed I Saw St. Augstine

> 18. Title of Canned Heat single

On The Road Again

> 19. Bob could dedicate this one to novelist Walker

Percy's Song

> 20. Co-written with Roger McGuinn

Ballad of Easy Rider (but Bob will disavow)
> 21. Engage in campanology
Ring Them Bells

> 22. Trio at the bottom of celestial hierarchy

Three Angels

> 23. No mail!
Nothing Was Delivered

> 24. It's in New Mexico

Santa Fe

> 25. Never asked to dance?

Wallflower
> 26. Eldorado
Need A Woman (alternate version, 1981)

> 27. Lennon issued a riposte to this

Gotta Serve Somebody

> 28. Add a definite article for one of Moore's Melodies

Days of 49

> 29. Beck may gasp (anagram)

My Back Pages

> 30. No warmonger
Man of Peace

> 31. Olivia Newton-John covered this

If Not For You
> 32. On the threshold
Standing in the Doorway

> 33. Did she eventually expectorate?

Suze (cough song)
> 34. Diluted affection
Watered Down Love

> 35. His tongue could only flatter

The Wicked Messenger
> 36. Of cardiac origin
Coming From The Heart

> 37. Suspicious male wearing dark outer garment

The Man in the Long Black Coat
> 38. Mere vagrant
Only A Hobo

> 39. The lady's mine

She Belongs To Me

> 40. She's almost a medicinal herb

Hazel
> 41. Haven
Shelter From the Storm

> 42. Portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in 1974

Lenny Bruce
> 43. Matutinal rendezvous
Meet Me In The Morning

> 44. She could be from Tennessee or Texas

New Danville Girl
> 45. The full monty!
Tiny Montgomery

> 46. Dedicated to Woodrow Wilson from Okfuskee County

Song to Woody

> 47. Hardly arrives on time?

Time Passes Slowly

> 48. Identical to General Stratton's depression?

Just Like Tome Thumb's Blues

> 49. The first line of the Biograph version embraces both Milton and the
> Bible

Caribbean Wind

> 50. Black Panther
George Jackson

- nate

John Howells

Feb 11, 2002, 5:31:11 PM2/11/02
nates <na...@ll.mit.edu> writes:

<> 11. Opening line of Costello and Langer's 'Shipbuilding'.
< "Is it worth it?" is not the name of any bobsong....

Actually it is. Shot of Love sessions: April 1, 1981

<> 26. Eldorado
< Need A Woman (alternate version, 1981)

Actually, "City of Gold" is the correct answer.

<> 47. Hardly arrives on time?
< Time Passes Slowly

Slow Train Coming

--