[9fans] Using TrueType fonts

for...@caldo.demon.co.uk

Jun 13, 2002, 6:54:35 AM6/13/02
i've got a freetype 1 port that might help, but the licence under
which you obtained that .ttf file almost certainly allows its use only
under windows, so there's not much point in converting it, unless you
were planning to licence the typeface yourself for use on Plan 9 (but
they often come from monobrained Monotype, so good luck).

Joel Salomon

Jun 17, 2002, 5:13:54 AM6/17/02
for...@caldo.demon.co.uk wrote in message news:<c1cac0deddfb260d...@caldo.demon.co.uk>...
> --

Where can I find this freetype port? Assume I will only use it with
fonts I have permission to use ;) .

How does freetype fit into rio anyway? The 8˝ paper says no font
server exists, is this different in rio?

Joel

Joel Salomon

Jun 17, 2002, 5:19:39 AM6/17/02

Where can I get this freetype port? (Assume I will only use it for

fonts I have permission to use ;)

How does freetype integrate with rio? The 8½ paper says that no font
server is used, is this different for rio?

Joel

for...@caldo.demon.co.uk

Jun 17, 2002, 5:49:31 AM6/17/02
it's not a font server, just a converter to subfonts.
even at that it's a bit simplistic.