NEWS FROM KODAK!!!!!! PRICE CUT!!!!

OMNI-PRINTS

May 15, 2002, 12:01:31 PM5/15/02
U.S.A. KODACHROME FANS HERE THIS:

Kodak just announced last week that effective immediately they are selling
Kodachrome 40 Super-8 cartridge WITH PROCESSING MAILER for only $13.31 each
(USA customers) -- NO MINIMUM ORDER REQUIRED!!!!

The price without processing is the same -- but because this combo price is
pretty low -- it's the same as a PRICE CUT if you figure the mailer is worth
$5. And no minimum order -- you can order only one at this price if you
want to.

So -- people quit griping because Kodak does care about Super-8 -- and they
are trying new things. We've got to give them credit. And fresh Kodachrome
is now back in stock as I just bought 70 cartridges which they told me would
ship today.

I think sales of Kodachrome are picking up.

Sincerely,

Chris Cottrill
E-mail: chris_c...@yahoo.com
Website: http://pages.prodigy.net/omni-prints

P.S. The stock number for this is: Film Code: 7270 Cat No. 505-3335

Sam Polson

May 17, 2002, 11:38:51 PM5/17/02
Thanks for the heads-up. That sounds like a great deal.

One question -- sorry if it's a bone-header: How did you find out about
this? I'm sorry if the answer is obvious and I've missed it, but I searched
Kodak's site for "processing","mailer","processing mailer", et cetera, et
cetera, but turned up NOTHING in either the online store or the catalog. I
input the catalog number you listed manually, and got regular K40 at $10.57.
If you hadn't said WITH PROCESSING MAILER, I'd never have had a clue that it
was available (and still can't find it!).

I guess I'm feeling far, far behind the curve here. How could I have found
out on my own???

"OMNI-PRINTS" <chris_c...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

black_...@my-deja.com

May 20, 2002, 2:45:22 AM5/20/02
> One question -- sorry if it's a bone-header: How did you find out about
> this? I'm sorry if the answer is obvious and I've missed it, but I searched
> Kodak's site for "processing","mailer","processing mailer", et cetera, et
> cetera, but turned up NOTHING in either the online store or the catalog. I
> input the catalog number you listed manually, and got regular K40 at $10.57.
> If you hadn't said WITH PROCESSING MAILER, I'd never have had a clue that it
> was available (and still can't find it!).

That stock number is in Kodak France's catalog, but I can't find
reference to it in Kodak USA. In France, it does appear that there is
no minimum order. And, if I'm not mistaken, Kodachrome is always sold
with processing included everywhere outside the USA.

So, the question is, does this deal apply to USA customers?

KDC

May 21, 2002, 2:40:42 PM5/21/02
Chris-

Thanks for the announcement! You da MAN.

could someone here post a link to a reputable reseller, either here in
the states or elsewhere?

-KDC

black_...@my-deja.com

May 21, 2002, 11:01:33 PM5/21/02
> could someone here post a link to a reputable reseller, either here in
> the states or elsewhere?

In the USA you can just call Kodak directly, 1-800-621-3456.

frank wild

Jul 10, 2002, 10:27:26 AM7/10/02
I just ordered five of these over the phone and
they were $13.54 each --quite a bargain.

The woman at Kodak warned me NOT to use
the USA address on the mailers, but to
send my film to the Toronto address instead.
The U.S. lab is not (yet) accepting these mailers.

(Even though they all wind up in Switzerland
anyway, unless I've misunderstood what I read in
this n.g.)

frank

On Wed, 15 May 2002 12:01:31 -0400, OMNI-PRINTS wrote
(in message <vDvE8.1734$805.90...@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>):

> U.S.A. KODACHROME FANS HERE THIS:
>
> Kodak just announced last week that effective immediately they are selling
> Kodachrome 40 Super-8 cartridge WITH PROCESSING MAILER for only $13.31 each
> (USA customers) -- NO MINIMUM ORDER REQUIRED!!!!

Derek Gee

Jul 10, 2002, 7:47:57 PM7/10/02
Why are the US labs not accepting the mailers?? Are they not owned by
Kodak? Aren't the mailers just standard PK-59's? What's up with this?

Derek Gee

"frank wild" <whea...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

frank wild

Jul 11, 2002, 10:51:52 AM7/11/02
The prepaid mailers, I'm told by Kodak, are
a new thing in the USA and they are still
working on... I dunno, protocols and procedures?
She made it sound as if this was a temporary
situation. That is all that I know.

frank

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:47:57 -0400, Derek Gee wrote
(in message <NI3X8.7393$%U3.19...@twister.columbus.rr.com>):

Jess

Jul 11, 2002, 4:13:06 PM7/11/02
"Derek Gee" <dgeeSP...@twmi.INVALID.rr.com> wrote in message news:<NI3X8.7393$%U3.19...@twister.columbus.rr.com>...

> Why are the US labs not accepting the mailers?? Are they not owned by
> Kodak? Aren't the mailers just standard PK-59's? What's up with this?
Because Kodak doesnt have labs in the US that process K40.

~Jess

Derek Gee

Jul 14, 2002, 12:24:01 AM7/14/02

"Jess" <je...@lbjhs.net> wrote in message

True, there are no US labs processing K40, but IIRC they currently accept
the PK-59 at the NJ location, because that's where all S8 carts are sent
before shipment to Switzerland. This still doesn't make sense to me why
there would be a delay. Kodak already has a procedure to deal with mailers,
they are now just including one in combo with the film for the same price.

Derek Gee