Where were you?

Susie Johnson

Nov 4, 2003, 12:52:05 PM11/4/03
OK. So we show up at Lola's in Portland. Yea we were late.
There was no show. I was so in the mood. Sign says to
check the band's website and I can't find anything
explaining why we didn't get to see Project Object last
night. Anybody know what happened?

Susie

Chuck

Nov 4, 2003, 6:28:11 PM11/4/03
We were there also.

Apparently, Gail Zappa has a habit of sending threatening letters
to the venues where Project Object is going to play. Threats
of legal action if the band plays... copyright infringment, blah blah..
Most of the time, apparently, the venues don't care and
the Music of Frank comes alive...
this time, however, Lola's (and probably
thier corporate stakeholders) did care, and so no show...

What is up with Gail?
Is she out to shut down Frank's legacy, or what?
You would think that she would have financial motivation to
keep Frank's music alive and well... Not to try and stifle it.

I hope this doesn't take portland off future PO tour lists!
There are plenty of other great venues in Portland,
C'mon guys, please come back!

-chuck