Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

[UDP] Usenet Death Penalty Notice: ONO.COM/ONOLAB.COM (CABLEUROPA S.A)

Visto 23 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

David Ritz

no leída,
5 jun 2002, 0:20:285/6/02

This message is being sent, bcc, to a few interested parties.

Posted and mailed.

Posted to news.admin.net-abuse.policy, news.admin.net-abuse.misc,
news.admin.net-abuse.bulletins, news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,
es.news.admin, esp.news.misc and esp.news.administracion.

Please direct follow ups to news.admin.net-abuse.policy. Please see
<http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/nana/nanap-charter.html> prior to
posting to this moderated newsgroup.

Over the past seven months, ONO.COM has been the source of vast
quantities of Usenet spam. Despite countless complaints and
reports, ONO.COM seems unwilling to take any of the necessary
steps to curb this ongoing abuse. In fact, there is absolutely no
indication that ONO.COM is aware that there is a problem which
requires their attention.

The underlying issue facing ONO.COM, is one which many broadband
providers are currently facing: open proxies.

As a case in point, the open squid proxy operating at
CZ1-1A-u-1278.mc.onolab.com [62.42.92.255] is still up and
allowing forwarding, although it was originally reported on Mon, 5
Nov 2001 22:09:13 -0600. Twenty six (26) follow up reports were
sent, between this date and Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:28:12 -0600.
After five months, ONO.COM finally took the absolute minimal step
of blocking access to news.ono.com from this IP address.

This is insufficient, as the proxy remains an open gateway to
net-abuse. Further, it is clearly indicitive of just how
seriously ONO.COM takes network security and abuse issues - that
is, not at all.

As noted in the RFD
(<http://howardk.freenix.org/msgid.cgi?ID=102316549700>), no fewer
than forty one (41) open 62.42.0.0/16 proxies have been used in
the hijacking of news.ono.com, since 01 January 2002. These
hijackings typically go on for weeks at a time, with no discernable
action on the part of ONO.COM. The output from this news server
has consistently run at rates approaching 100% spam, for months at
a time.

Not only must one question whether ONO.COM should remain connected
to Usenet, but whether they are competent to remain connected to
the Internet, as each and every one of these abused and ignored
open proxies poses an imminent threat to the infrastructure of the
entire network.

================================UDP NOTICE===============================

Because of the utter lack response to serious ongoing problems,
even when they have been pointed out repeatedly, a full active
Usenet Death Penalty targeting CABLEUROPA S.A will go into effect
at the close of business, on Tuesday, 11 June 2002 17:00 PDT, (12
June 2002 00:00:00 GMT).

It is also requested that all of ONO.COM's upstream provider
immediately null route all traffic bearing a "news.ono.com.POSTED"
Path stamp.

Please see:

"Usenet Death Penalty FAQ"
<http://www.stopspam.org/usenet/faqs/udp.html>

"The Cancel FAQ"
<http://www.killfile.org/faqs/cancel.html#VIII.D.>

"Spam Glossary"
<http://www.rahul.net/falk/glossary.html#udp>

"Net Abuse FAQ"
<http://www.cybernothing.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq.html#3.19>.

It is sincerely hoped that CABLEUROPA S.A will take appropriate
measures to stem the flow of abuse from their network before this
time. Any assistance which they may require will be gladly
provided.

Should this action become unavoidable, sites not wishing to
participate may alias out the pseudosite Path stamp, "onoudp".

Sites not wishing to participate in any active UDP may alias out
the pseudosite Path stamp, "udpcancel".

- --
David Ritz <dr...@suespammers.org>
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California; do not
send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to my
suespammers.org address.

Julio Sánchez Fernández

no leída,
5 jun 2002, 9:16:175/6/02

David Ritz wrote:

> As noted in the RFD
> (<http://howardk.freenix.org/msgid.cgi?ID=102316549700>), no fewer
> than forty one (41) open 62.42.0.0/16 proxies have been used in
> the hijacking of news.ono.com, since 01 January 2002. These
> hijackings typically go on for weeks at a time, with no discernable
> action on the part of ONO.COM. The output from this news server
> has consistently run at rates approaching 100% spam, for months at
> a time.

Como ya ha sido señalado en este grupo unas cuantas veces.

> Not only must one question whether ONO.COM should remain connected
> to Usenet, but whether they are competent to remain connected to
> the Internet, as each and every one of these abused and ignored
> open proxies poses an imminent threat to the infrastructure of the
> entire network.

Pues son puntos mediante los que enviar spam tanto de correo como de
News, ataques a IRC, accesos fraudulentos a toda clase de servicios,
etc.

> Because of the utter lack response to serious ongoing problems,
> even when they have been pointed out repeatedly, a full active
> Usenet Death Penalty targeting CABLEUROPA S.A will go into effect
> at the close of business, on Tuesday, 11 June 2002 17:00 PDT, (12
> June 2002 00:00:00 GMT).

Bien. ¿Alguien tiene forma de ponerse en contacto con Ono?

Julio

Antonio Martos

no leída,
6 jun 2002, 4:47:196/6/02
> Como ya ha sido señalado en este grupo unas cuantas veces.

En parte me alegro, a ver si el "susto" espabila a los demas proveedores.

> Bien. ¿Alguien tiene forma de ponerse en contacto con Ono?

Si no leen ab...@ono.com es que no merecen enterarse mas que por la falta
de newsfeed.

Alain S. B.

no leída,
6 jun 2002, 5:46:556/6/02
"Antonio Martos" <antoni...@terra.es> wrote in

> Si no leen ab...@ono.com es que no merecen enterarse mas que por la
> falta de newsfeed.

Un UDP activo es realmente lo que hacia falta a ciertos proveedores
españoles, puede que asi se enteren de que las direcciones abuse no
estan solo de adorno. La logica comercial que les hace creer que dejar
uno de sus clientes hacer lo que quiera en una red cooperativa (para no
perderlo) no tendra consecuencias debe romperse.

--
Alain

Julio Sánchez Fernández

no leída,
6 jun 2002, 8:13:086/6/02

Antonio Martos wrote:

> Si no leen ab...@ono.com es que no merecen enterarse mas que por la falta
> de newsfeed.

Bueno, en una UDP no se les niega oír.

Lo que se les niega es hablar.

Es decir, sus mensajes no serán vistos fuera, pero ellos seguirán
recibiendo de fuera normalmente.

Me ha parecido deducir que ni siquiera verán las cancelaciones de
sus mensajes.

Julio

0 mensajes nuevos