Speed Dating

mark mandel

Aug 20, 2003, 1:43:00 AM8/20/03

"Anonymouse" <any...@anywhere.org> wrote in message
news:3f414388$1...@news.utk.edu...
> hI,
>
> give it a try.
>
> I'm in a heavily male dominated trade myself... for example on my floor
> there are no single straight women... and while I'm an intelligent nice
> guy I'm not "pretty"... so it doesn't go over as well in the looks count
> as #1 bar scene.
>
> when I tried speed dating (3+ years ago) you paid your fee... went to a
> local cafe/restaurant and had a multicourse dinner... lots of VERY small
> courses and every 5 minutes the guys switched tables and everyone was
> served a new course.... luckily the food was pretty good.
>
> ladies and gents all seemed to be pretty reserved professional types...
> once I saw a whole group of women all come as a group (safety in numbers?)
>
> I went 3 times, had a good time each time, but alas didn't find a match.
>
> what worked for me was a free personal on aol...
>
> this was before aol sold their personals space to match.com... and after
> they bought netscape... I found them via the netscape homepage and knew
> that aol has a large female user base... so I did a snapshot of me...
> posted an honest advert... got some responses, went on a lot of first
> dates... then met the lady that's now my wife..... :-}
>
> we chatted online a while via aol instant messenger... then by phone...
> then a date for sushi... that lasted until 4am :-}
>
> we were married in a private villa in jamaica this june.

I always find these personals success stories rather intriguing. I've
never successfully clicked with anyone that I met either through online
singles' sites or(back in the old days)the newspaper personals. Yet this is
an apparent success as is the case with my brother who recently had a
relationship with someone through romantic planet.com.
Then when that one ended, he's just now met someone else(from american
singles.com) and there seems to be enough of a chemistry to continue going
out.

My own theory was that this "effort" at meeting someone was bound to fail
and that one can only succeed at a spontaneous, unplanned type of meeting as
has happened in my case. My latest "take" on this though is that it may be
a simple matter of destiny. How else could I explain the fact that my
brother has never been without a relationship(either marriage or
girlfriends)since his adolescence and he's now 54. Whereas I go through
long droughts and using personals or singles' events doesn't change
anything. Well, I have actually met at the singles' events but again it
was totally unplanned.

Mark Mandell

> jen reyna wrote:
> > I also want to go and try it so if anyone knows how it is please let me
> > know.
> >

> > "johnny" <ninja...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>i gota go to this thing, it sounds like its a hellavua lota fun, how
could
> >>you pass up on such a fun thing. i wanna know where its at, i wanna
go...
> >>"James King" <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message

> >>place,

> >>of

> >>Has

> --
> "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted,
> and I won't be layed a hand on.
> I don't do these things to other people,
> and I require the same from them"
> J.B. Books (John Wayne)

James King

Aug 20, 2003, 3:13:28 AM8/20/03

I'm answering 2 posters here, the latest is a top-poster (grrrr) and the
one before that is at the bottom.

On 19 Aug 2003 07:26:48 -0700,
In article <f53cb9e1.03081...@posting.google.com>,
pero...@earthlink.net (pero...@earthlink.net) wrote:

> I've heard about the arm pits having the most pheromones. It's hard to
> comprehend though because armpits are not very nice smelling. I'd not
> want to "test drive" this type of speed dating though. I'd only try
> the kind with the lights on and everyone sitting at tables.

You can't have give oral sex to a woman sitting on a table. How are you
going to reach her tongue with the clitoris.

And the armpit pheromones are there for ARMPIT FUCKING not armpit
licking. You guys are into some serious perversions, I can tell.

Right, now down to the bottom.

Metaphorically speaking, of course....

> doglove...@yahoo.com (laura) wrote in message news:<934e8665.03081...@posting.google.com>...
> > James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MPG.19a8e3bab...@news.alt.net>...
> > > On 16 Aug 2003 10:40:10 -0700,
> > >
> > > You give someone a dose of your pheromones by the use of the upper lip
> > > and nose area, in kissing. You don't spray them about in the air. In a
> > > room full of people wearing cosmetics and perfumes there won't be any
> > > pheromone interchange unless people do start kissing.
> > >
> > > The most powerful pheromone exchange is actually during cunnilingus, as
> > > you probably know. So I'm thinking of setting up a speed dating service
> > > where you come in, pay the organisers and then go and have a good quim
> > > wash if your a woman or a good brushin' flossin' and listerinin' if
> > > you're a man. The participants also need to produce blood tests that
> > > they don't have herpes or other conditions that preclude cunnilingus
> > > with strangers.
> > >
> > > They then have to put a blind fold on and get put in a darkened room for
> > > 40 minutes with a member of the opposite sex. They're not allowed to
> > > talk, or look at each other, but she can feel him all she can reach and
> > > he can massage her calves and thighs with his hands while he is licking
> > > her clitoris. If he can get her to orgasm with his tongue on her
> > > clitoris in that time, then they proceed to round two, which is actually
> > > talking. Otherwise, we wouldn't waste people's time on verbiage, and she
> > > can either have a break or go into the next room with the next male
> > > candidate.
> > >
> > > Would you be up for that?
> >
> > Well yes that sounds great on a sexual fantasy level.

Fantasy is there in order to become reality.

> > Try actually
> > picturing that realistically ...I don't think so.

Only because of the hang-ups people have.

> > But yes, to answer
> > your question...I would be up for that.

Well done.

> > The major area of pheremones
> > is under the armpit I am sad to have to say. I don't want to picture
> > that senerio to "test drive" that out.

I wouldn't lick someone's armpit on the first date, that's for sure.

Call me old-fashioned.

Sharon Curtis

Aug 20, 2003, 9:37:02 AM8/20/03
In article <ETD0b.609$Ej6...@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

mark mandel <msm...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>My own theory was that this "effort" at meeting someone was bound to fail
>and that one can only succeed at a spontaneous, unplanned type of meeting as
>has happened in my case. My latest "take" on this though is that it may be
>a simple matter of destiny. How else could I explain the fact that my
>brother has never been without a relationship(either marriage or
>girlfriends)since his adolescence and he's now 54. Whereas I go through
>long droughts and using personals or singles' events doesn't change
>anything.

Destiny does not sound like a good explanation to me.
The difference in you and your brother's experiences can easily
be explained by you and he having different personalities and
interacting with people in different ways. That's not to say his
is necessarily better, just more popular.

Sharon

mark mandel

Aug 21, 2003, 11:57:18 AM8/21/03

"Sharon Curtis" <news....@chch.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Of course but it's DESTINY you see that ACCOUNTED for the personality
differences between my brother and myself(or between any one person and
another for that matter). This destiny meant that having the same
parents(with whatever genetic implications that meant)and being raised in
the same environment still affected us in unpredictable ways and with
different results. In other words, "programmed" to become different in
certain ways one of which was the level of our relationship activity over
the years. Nothing was consciously done by anyone to create the
differences.

Mark

mark mandel

Aug 21, 2003, 11:57:19 AM8/21/03

"Sharon Curtis" <news....@chch.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

On the contrary, destiny could very well explain the differences. Certainly
these differences weren 't brought about by the conscious direction of
anyone. Neither my brother nor myself made any conscious effort to turn out
the way we did nor did my parents do anything at all that would have created
our "relationship" based differences.

Mark

R R

Aug 21, 2003, 12:30:01 PM8/21/03

laura

Aug 21, 2003, 7:33:48 PM8/21/03
James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm answering 2 posters here, the latest is a top-poster (grrrr) and the
> one before that is at the bottom.

Oh James I love being referred to as your "bottom" (wink wink) poster.

> pero...@earthlink.net (pero...@earthlink.net) wrote:
>
> > I've heard about the arm pits having the most pheromones. It's hard to
> > comprehend though because armpits are not very nice smelling. I'd not
> > want to "test drive" this type of speed dating though. I'd only try
> > the kind with the lights on and everyone sitting at tables.

You cannot actually "smell pheremones" because if that were true then
the geitals would smell like the armpits...they are but a small odor
yet the most powerful.Odor as in sexually powerful stimulant/drug not
as in smell.

> You can't have give oral sex to a woman sitting on a table. How are you
> going to reach her tongue with the clitoris.

See James thinks ahead...hey I made a pun. I am picturing a man with a
very long forked tongue...ooops that's my Satan fantasy sorry.

> And the armpit pheromones are there for ARMPIT FUCKING not armpit
> licking. You guys are into some serious perversions, I can tell.

No James, I am not a pervert...you get near armpits during sex right
and before that during foreplay when it affects you (smell) the most.

> Right, now down to the bottom.
>
> Metaphorically speaking, of course....
> >
> > doglove...@yahoo.com (laura) wrote in message news:<934e8665.03081...@posting.google.com>...

Not true you do get very close to people (sitting next to them)...you
can always catch a whiff if you have a nose for people anyway. I am
starting to sound like a wierdo aren't I?

Is it hot in here or what?

> > > Well yes that sounds great on a sexual fantasy level.
>
> Fantasy is there in order to become reality.

If that were true I would have 3- 25 year old house boys living with
me

> > > Try actually
> > > picturing that realistically ...I don't think so.
>
> Only because of the hang-ups people have.

Yes well this subject could be a novel in itself...

> > > But yes, to answer
> > > your question...I would be up for that.
>
> Well done.

Thanks for your approval...

> > > The major area of pheremones
> > > is under the armpit I am sad to have to say. I don't want to picture
> > > that senerio to "test drive" that out.
>
> I wouldn't lick someone's armpit on the first date, that's for sure.
>
> Call me old-fashioned.

Let me be very clear NO one said anything about liking armpits least
of all me...yuk. I am not always vanilla in my sex but that friends
and neighbors I cannot even imagine...Laura

jameb...@earthlink.net

Aug 22, 2003, 10:46:47 AM8/22/03
Ummm, why in the world would you repost the same thing that started
this thread? Are you high or something?

Sharon Curtis

Aug 23, 2003, 6:49:35 AM8/23/03
In article <yZ51b.1863$Ej6....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

mark mandel <msm...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Sharon Curtis" <news....@chch.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <ETD0b.609$Ej6...@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
>> mark mandel <msm...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> > My latest "take" on this though is that it may be
>> >a simple matter of destiny. How else could I explain the fact that my
>> >brother has never been without a relationship(either marriage or
>> >girlfriends)since his adolescence and he's now 54. Whereas I go through
>> >long droughts and using personals or singles' events doesn't change
>> >anything.
>>
>> Destiny does not sound like a good explanation to me.
>> The difference in you and your brother's experiences can easily
>> be explained by you and he having different personalities and
>> interacting with people in different ways. That's not to say his
>> is necessarily better, just more popular.
>>
>Of course but it's DESTINY you see that ACCOUNTED for the personality
>differences between my brother and myself

You can think of it that way, I suppose. Personally I think
that as we don't get to experience parallel universes, instead
seeing one timeline only, then destiny is a bit of a funny word
to describe the result of a random genetic/environmental dice roll.
The word destiny usually seems to get used in the context where
someone is speaking about the future, saying that something in
particular is destiny, so other things contrary to that destiny can't
happen (and therefore there's no point trying, or that provides a
perfect excuse, etc.). To me destiny is a funny way to express
"we only end up having one of possible futures".

>different results. In other words, "programmed" to become different in
>certain ways one of which was the level of our relationship activity over
>the years. Nothing was consciously done by anyone to create the
>differences.

Programming accounts for a great deal of what happens to us,
certainly, but we still get to have a fair amount of choice over
what happens in our future. We can change our programming if we
want to, to a certain extent.

Sharon

James King

Aug 23, 2003, 1:00:19 PM8/23/03

On 22 Aug 2003 07:46:47 -0700,
In article <80e2ee7b.03082...@posting.google.com>,

He's probably lost his mind at one of those speed dating orgies.

James King

Aug 23, 2003, 1:15:06 PM8/23/03

On 21 Aug 2003 16:33:48 -0700,
In article <934e8665.03082...@posting.google.com>,

laura (doglove...@yahoo.com) wrote:

> James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I'm answering 2 posters here, the latest is a top-poster (grrrr) and the
> > one before that is at the bottom.
>
> Oh James I love being referred to as your "bottom" (wink wink) poster.

;-p slurp slurp. I hoped you've just washed down there, by the way...

> > pero...@earthlink.net (pero...@earthlink.net) wrote:
> >
> > > I've heard about the arm pits having the most pheromones. It's hard to
> > > comprehend though because armpits are not very nice smelling. I'd not
> > > want to "test drive" this type of speed dating though. I'd only try
> > > the kind with the lights on and everyone sitting at tables.
> You cannot actually "smell pheremones" because if that were true then
> the geitals would smell like the armpits...they are but a small odor
> yet the most powerful.Odor as in sexually powerful stimulant/drug not
> as in smell.
> > You can't have give oral sex to a woman sitting on a table. How are you
> > going to reach her tongue with the clitoris.
>
> See James thinks ahead...hey I made a pun. I am picturing a man with a
> very long forked tongue...ooops that's my Satan fantasy sorry.

You just need a white man for that.
You remember all the old westerns where the indian chief says 'white man
speak with forked tongue'.

> > And the armpit pheromones are there for ARMPIT FUCKING not armpit
> > licking. You guys are into some serious perversions, I can tell.
> No James, I am not a pervert...you get near armpits during sex right
> and before that during foreplay when it affects you (smell) the most.

Okay. That's got that one sorted out.

> > Right, now down to the bottom.
> >
> > Metaphorically speaking, of course....

> Not true you do get very close to people (sitting next to them)...you
> can always catch a whiff if you have a nose for people anyway. I am
> starting to sound like a wierdo aren't I?

Have you read Patrick Suskind's 'Perfume'?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140120831/ref=sr_aps_books_1_
1/202-2588138-8178266

I think you might like that one.

> Is it hot in here or what?

I'll switch the air conditioner on.

> > Fantasy is there in order to become reality.
> If that were true I would have 3- 25 year old house boys living with
> me

I'm sure you could have them for the axing.

> > Only because of the hang-ups people have.
>
> Yes well this subject could be a novel in itself...

Troof.

> > Well done.
> Thanks for your approval...

Thanks for your appreciation thereof.

> > I wouldn't lick someone's armpit on the first date, that's for sure.
> >
> > Call me old-fashioned.
> Let me be very clear NO one said anything about liking armpits least
> of all me...yuk. I am not always vanilla in my sex but that friends
> and neighbors I cannot even imagine...Laura

Knee-backs are quite another matter....

Mark Mandell

Aug 23, 2003, 9:53:39 PM8/23/03

>Yeah, kinda goes with the territory!

Mark Mandell

Aug 24, 2003, 1:13:03 PM8/24/03
Yes, but where does the "wanting" come from? Why is that certain people
"say" they are about to embark on some kind of self-improvement program and
ditch it in no time flat? Others succeed without much prompting at all;
they're spontaneously inspired to take action and see it through to the end.

That all suggests to me that we don't really play a conscious role in much
at all. But it feels good or reassuring to maintain this fiction that we
do. It provides a certain continuity in our lives and maintains this false
notion that we are all independently acting agents who can through conscious
effort determine our destinies. and it certainly is at the cornerstone of
Western philosophy for umpteen years now.

I suppose by pro-Eastern religious biases are evident here but what do "I"
care? :-)

Mark

Sharon Curtis

Aug 25, 2003, 6:19:57 AM8/25/03
In article <zm62b.8049$8i2....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,

Mark Mandell <msm...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Sharon Curtis" <news....@chch.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <yZ51b.1863$Ej6....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
>> mark mandel <msm...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> >different results. In other words, "programmed" to become different in
>> >certain ways one of which was the level of our relationship activity over
>> >the years. Nothing was consciously done by anyone to create the
>> >differences.
>>
>> Programming accounts for a great deal of what happens to us,
>> certainly, but we still get to have a fair amount of choice over
>> what happens in our future. We can change our programming if we
>> want to, to a certain extent.
>>
>> Sharon
>>
>Yes, but where does the "wanting" come from? Why is that certain people
>"say" they are about to embark on some kind of self-improvement program and
>ditch it in no time flat? Others succeed without much prompting at all;
>they're spontaneously inspired to take action and see it through to the end.
>
>That all suggests to me that we don't really play a conscious role in much
>at all.

I think you certainly get a lot of situations where people have
certain impulses that they aren't aware of, which then result in
things like you say above: some people have one reaction, some people
have another. And certainly you could describe the reason for the
impulses as being pre-determined in some way. But you also get a
lot of situations where people don't have a strong impulse one way
or another, and genuinely make a choice.

>But it feels good or reassuring to maintain this fiction that we
>do.

Just because there are some situations where we have less choice
than we think we do, it doesn't mean that there aren't plenty more
situations where we do get to choose and the choice doesn't come from
pre-determined impulses.

>It provides a certain continuity in our lives and maintains this false
>notion that we are all independently acting agents who can through conscious
>effort determine our destinies.

My belief is that there are an awful lot of things going on in
the subconscious, many of them pre-set by genetics or environment,
that affect our choices greatly, in ways that we're not always aware
of, but there are still choices that we can make which do not arise
from anything pre-determined. For example, I can choose whether
to buy a piece of clothing in one colour or another, and that, to
me, is usually a genuine choice. For me, I find it difficult to
believe that if I'm dithering between the green and the blue, that
whichever I end up choosing had some kind of a pre-determined
ordination about it. It seems incredibly unlikely.

Sharon

Mark Mandell

Aug 25, 2003, 4:12:42 PM8/25/03

Yes but making such a choice based on their "notion" that they are a freely
acting independent agent just because the impulses aren't there at the time.

> >But it feels good or reassuring to maintain this fiction that we
> >do.
>
> Just because there are some situations where we have less choice
> than we think we do, it doesn't mean that there aren't plenty more
> situations where we do get to choose and the choice doesn't come from
> pre-determined impulses.

It's just the APPEARANCE of choice that comes into play here.

> >It provides a certain continuity in our lives and maintains this false
> >notion that we are all independently acting agents who can through
conscious
> >effort determine our destinies.
>
> My belief is that there are an awful lot of things going on in
> the subconscious, many of them pre-set by genetics or environment,
> that affect our choices greatly, in ways that we're not always aware
> of, but there are still choices that we can make which do not arise
> from anything pre-determined. For example, I can choose whether
> to buy a piece of clothing in one colour or another, and that, to
> me, is usually a genuine choice. For me, I find it difficult to
> believe that if I'm dithering between the green and the blue, that
> whichever I end up choosing had some kind of a pre-determined
> ordination about it. It seems incredibly unlikely.

Yes it seems that unlikely but you should then ask yourself(if you cared
to)who or what is making this choice or who is it that has a say in this
matter. Then you have to wonder who it is that even makes this into a
"choice" issue to begin with.

Keep me posted on what you come up with :-)

Mark

> Sharon

laura

Aug 25, 2003, 4:43:22 PM8/25/03
James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message > ;-p slurp slurp. I hoped you've just washed down there, by the way...
Always James, Always

> > You cannot actually "smell pheremones" because if that were true then
> > the geitals would smell like the armpits...they are but a small odor
> > yet the most powerful.Odor as in sexually powerful stimulant/drug not
> > as in smell.
> > > You can't have give oral sex to a woman sitting on a table. How are you
> > > going to reach her tongue with the clitoris.
> >
> > See James thinks ahead...hey I made a pun. I am picturing a man with a
> > very long forked tongue...ooops that's my Satan fantasy sorry.
>
> You just need a white man for that.
> You remember all the old westerns where the indian chief says 'white man
> speak with forked tongue'.
Yes and I am a fan of old westerns too...

> Have you read Patrick Suskind's 'Perfume'?
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140120831/ref=sr_aps_books_1_
> 1/202-2588138-8178266
>
> I think you might like that one.
Thank you it sounds very interesting from what the little i read on
it.

> > Is it hot in here or what?
>
> I'll switch the air conditioner on.

> Why no I like heat..

> I'm sure you could have them for the axing.

nope too many mouths to feed...

> Knee-backs are quite another matter....

Yes I read some of that earlier... I am afraid to ask for another
visual description but could you indulge me sir?
Laura

James King

Aug 26, 2003, 12:44:58 PM8/26/03

On 25 Aug 2003 13:43:22 -0700,
> James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message > ;-p slurp slurp. I hoped you've just washed down there, by the way...
> Always James, Always

That's what I like to hear.
I like the smell of a woman's juice, but it has to be fresh.
It should have a time code written on it like a Macdonalds apple pie.

> > > You cannot actually "smell pheremones" because if that were true then
> > > the geitals would smell like the armpits...they are but a small odor
> > > yet the most powerful.Odor as in sexually powerful stimulant/drug not
> > > as in smell.
> > >
> > > See James thinks ahead...hey I made a pun. I am picturing a man with a
> > > very long forked tongue...ooops that's my Satan fantasy sorry.
> >
> > You just need a white man for that.
> > You remember all the old westerns where the indian chief says 'white man
> > speak with forked tongue'.
> Yes and I am a fan of old westerns too...

Fantastic, they are.

> > Have you read Patrick Suskind's 'Perfume'?
> > http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140120831/ref=sr_aps_books_1_
> > 1/202-2588138-8178266
> >
> > I think you might like that one.
> Thank you it sounds very interesting from what the little i read on
> it.

It starts well and carries on that way.

> > > Is it hot in here or what?
> >
> > I'll switch the air conditioner on.
>
> > Why no I like heat..

Mmmn.

> > I'm sure you could have them for the axing.
> nope too many mouths to feed...

Heh. Attagirl.

> > Knee-backs are quite another matter....
> Yes I read some of that earlier... I am afraid to ask for another
> visual description but could you indulge me sir?
> Laura

Verbal or jpg?

Sharon Curtis

Aug 26, 2003, 9:56:53 AM8/26/03
In article <_4u2b.12372$8i2....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,

Mark Mandell <msm...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Sharon Curtis" <news....@chch.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I think you certainly get a lot of situations where people have
>> certain impulses that they aren't aware of, which then result in
>> things like you say above: some people have one reaction, some people
>> have another. And certainly you could describe the reason for the
>> impulses as being pre-determined in some way. But you also get a
>> lot of situations where people don't have a strong impulse one way
>> or another, and genuinely make a choice.
>
>Yes but making such a choice based on their "notion" that they are a freely
>acting independent agent just because the impulses aren't there at the time.

In your opinion. To me, some situations look way too much like
people really making choices, for me to label them as not making
choices.

>> me, is usually a genuine choice. For me, I find it difficult to
>> believe that if I'm dithering between the green and the blue, that
>> whichever I end up choosing had some kind of a pre-determined
>> ordination about it. It seems incredibly unlikely.
>
>Yes it seems that unlikely but you should then ask yourself(if you cared
>to)who or what is making this choice or who is it that has a say in this
>matter. Then you have to wonder who it is that even makes this into a
>"choice" issue to begin with.

Eet hath gone fuzzy.

Sharon

Mark Mandell

Aug 26, 2003, 2:12:18 PM8/26/03

"Sharon Curtis" <news....@chch.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <_4u2b.12372$8i2....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> Mark Mandell <msm...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >"Sharon Curtis" <news....@chch.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> I think you certainly get a lot of situations where people have
> >> certain impulses that they aren't aware of, which then result in
> >> things like you say above: some people have one reaction, some people
> >> have another. And certainly you could describe the reason for the
> >> impulses as being pre-determined in some way. But you also get a
> >> lot of situations where people don't have a strong impulse one way
> >> or another, and genuinely make a choice.
> >
> >Yes but making such a choice based on their "notion" that they are a
freely
> >acting independent agent just because the impulses aren't there at the
time.

> In your opinion. To me, some situations look way too much like
> people really making choices, for me to label them as not making
> choices.
Can we say that someone who's "addicted" to whatever vice(smoking, drugs,
sex, whatever)is then less free than someone who doesn't partake of such
things unless they freely choose to?

If there's any freedom to be attained by anyone it's to be liberated from
the "idea" that one is a solid, unchanging, independently acting agent, IOW
the EGO!

Love2b8more

Aug 26, 2003, 2:27:22 PM8/26/03
you people have way too much time on your hands.........

laura

Aug 28, 2003, 12:19:45 PM8/28/03
James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message > > > Why no I like heat..

> > > Knee-backs are quite another matter....
> > Yes I read some of that earlier... I am afraid to ask for another
> > visual description but could you indulge me sir?
> > Laura
> >

> Verbal or jpg?

Let's save time shall we jpg of course...
girl who loves porn (a.k.a.) Laura

Dave & Carol

Sep 9, 2003, 5:00:07 PM9/9/03
Destiny, something we change with the choices we make

pero...@earthlink.net

Sep 12, 2003, 11:29:53 AM9/12/03
What you said is brief and to the point! Well said.

R R

Aug 7, 2003, 10:43:49 PM8/7/03

James King

johnny

James King

Aug 10, 2003, 8:26:47 AM8/10/03

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:32:42 GMT,
In article <u1jZa.162345$hV.10...@twister.austin.rr.com>,

johnny (ninja...@yahoo.com) wrote:

> i gota go to this thing, it sounds like its a hellavua lota fun, how could
> you pass up on such a fun thing. i wanna know where its at, i wanna go...

You think it sounds like fun?

What happens if you get groped through your trousers and kissed on the
mouth by all these people, and maybe you even come off in your trousers,
and then, when it finishes and everybody takes their blindfolds off they
discover all the women have long left?

I mean, that's the risk you take, and that's too big a risk as far as
I'm concerned.

You could come out of one of those things seriously queered up and not
be able to get back to normal again.

Is that what you want? Cause that's what'll happen.

johnny

Aug 10, 2003, 11:43:55 AM8/10/03
dude, i can tell when i'm being groped by a man, its easy to tell. and
kissing well thats super easy also.
if a man starts to touch ya i just move off, find a girl and stick with her
and whisper into her ear, that we should go else where so i can give her a
beef ejection.
the guy part sucks but its super easy to tell when a guy touches ya.

"James King" <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message

mark mandell

Aug 10, 2003, 5:39:22 PM8/10/03
No, you guys got this thing all wrong.

Speed dating is where you spend a very short time talking and attempting to
get to know someone enough to determine if there's a "chemistry" or not. If
you think that you have clicked with someone, then you get their phone # or
indicate to them you want to spend more time meeting afterwards. It may
have started out here in L.A. and while I myself haven't done it, it strikes
me as much too superficial a way to meet.

Mark Mandell
"johnny" <ninja...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

James King

Aug 10, 2003, 7:26:13 PM8/10/03

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:43:55 GMT,
In article <%KtZa.162399$hV.10...@twister.austin.rr.com>,

johnny (ninja...@yahoo.com) wrote:

> dude, i can tell when i'm being groped by a man, its easy to tell. and
> kissing well thats super easy also.
> if a man starts to touch ya i just move off, find a girl and stick with her
> and whisper into her ear, that we should go else where so i can give her a
> beef ejection.
> the guy part sucks but its super easy to tell when a guy touches ya.

These men are well aware that the men coming in are hetero, and so they
do things like chewing spearmint gum so that you can't smell the
maleness on their breath. And they touch you in a way that makes you
think it's a woman. You can't touch them, you're supposed to be touching
other people. At least when you're touching someone else, you can tell
if they're a woman or not.

And you can't whisper in people's ears because they play loud music
especially to stop people making contact. If people have hit it off well
together and want to make contact then the person from the dating agency
tells both partners if a) they've both separately agreed, b) they either
come next time or pay a fee for the information. That's why they keep a
video film of every thing that goes on there.

Are you still interested in taking part?

johnny

Aug 11, 2003, 12:08:29 AM8/11/03
nah, not interested now for sure.
leaves a bad taste in da mouth.
it must be some kind of subculture.
i thought speed dating was invented by the japanese.

"James King" <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message

Meister Proper

Aug 11, 2003, 12:32:48 AM8/11/03
> > These men are well aware that the men coming in are hetero, and so they
> > do things like chewing spearmint gum so that you can't smell the
> > maleness on their breath.

Maleness in their breath? What are you talking?

--
The generation that used acid to escape reality
Is now using antacid to deal with reality

James King

Aug 12, 2003, 9:27:32 AM8/12/03

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:32:48 -0400,
In article <M%EZa.15978$ih.6483@lakeread02>,

Meister Proper (nos...@NOmy-SdPeAjMa.com) wrote:

> > > These men are well aware that the men coming in are hetero, and so they
> > > do things like chewing spearmint gum so that you can't smell the
> > > maleness on their breath.
>

> Maleness in their breath? What are you talking?

You don't know that men and women have different smelling breath?

Not smokers of course. They have the same, but in their case, who cares
what gender they are.

ziv...@earthlink.net

Aug 13, 2003, 10:48:46 AM8/13/03
You're joking right? It seemed like a pretty good idea that someone
came up with. I've seen a few of those on those "specials" that they
always have on TV. Of course, I don't know how anyone could really
get a chance to know someone in so little time. I guess it's a "first
impression" sort of thing to see if you want to go further with any of
the participants. Now, THAT aspect of the idea I really like. No one's
feelings can get hurt.

laura

Aug 16, 2003, 1:40:10 PM8/16/03
James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MPG.19a0f2fc8...@news.alt.net>...

> On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:43:55 GMT,
> In article <%KtZa.162399$hV.10...@twister.austin.rr.com>,
> johnny (ninja...@yahoo.com) wrote:
>
> > dude, i can tell when i'm being groped by a man, its easy to tell. and
> > kissing well thats super easy also.
> > if a man starts to touch ya i just move off, find a girl and stick with her
> > and whisper into her ear, that we should go else where so i can give her a
> > beef ejection.
> > the guy part sucks but its super easy to tell when a guy touches ya.
>How many times have you done this to be able to say you are good at
comparing the two?

> These men are well aware that the men coming in are hetero, and so they
> do things like chewing spearmint gum so that you can't smell the
> maleness on their breath. And they touch you in a way that makes you
> think it's a woman. You can't touch them, you're supposed to be touching
> other people. At least when you're touching someone else, you can tell
> if they're a woman or not.
>
> And you can't whisper in people's ears because they play loud music
> especially to stop people making contact. If people have hit it off well
> together and want to make contact then the person from the dating agency
> tells both partners if a) they've both separately agreed, b) they either
> come next time or pay a fee for the information. That's why they keep a
> video film of every thing that goes on there.
>
> Are you still interested in taking part?

James are you sure you weren't really at an orgy because speed dating
in america is nothing like this. I have done it twice and it is a lot
of fun and well...there is a theory that people's "chemistry" is
really the attraction of the pheremones 100%. So you get close to
people to experience that...I think dating has gotten too superficial
and these things are great to hook up but anything longer....forget a
"relationship". You need to meet someone an old-fashioned way (if
there are any of those ways left)

jen reyna

James King

Aug 16, 2003, 7:49:15 PM8/16/03

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:29:56 GMT,
In article <UCv%a.169405$TJ.99...@twister.austin.rr.com>,

jen reyna (jre...@houston.rr.com) wrote:

> I also want to go and try it so if anyone knows how it is please let me
> know.

With or without the bit where people start pissing on each other?

James King

nospam

Aug 16, 2003, 8:51:02 PM8/16/03

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:32:48 -0400,

> > Maleness in their breath? What are you talking?
> >

> You don't know that men and women have different smelling breath?
>

> Not smokers of course. They have the same, but in their case, who cares
> what gender they are.
>
> --
> James King

Christ this thread has me crying and my stomache hurting from laughing so
had. James, I am guessing you are in the UK and am grateful for it because
I am afraid if I ever happened upon you in a bar and knocked back a few
beers around you I wouldn't live through it. Thanks for the laugh.

James King

Aug 17, 2003, 10:31:23 AM8/17/03

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:51:02 GMT,
In article <WjA%a.2419$pe....@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>,
Pleasure.
And you should come over.

Anonymouse

laura

Aug 18, 2003, 7:41:11 PM8/18/03
James King <james...@anews.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MPG.19a8e3bab...@news.alt.net>...

Well yes that sounds great on a sexual fantasy level. Try actually
picturing that realistically ...I don't think so. But yes, to answer
your question...I would be up for that. The major area of pheremones

pero...@earthlink.net