GEETanjali: khullam khullaa pyaar kare.n

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 4, 2002, 11:34:41 AM12/4/02
another current hit. very catchy.

Regards.
-Rawat
--------------------------
%
\startsong
\stat{vsrr0403, 1.00, 04/12/2002}%
\stitle{khullam khullaa pyaar kare.n kare.n kabhii chorii se}%
\film{Road}%
\album{}%
\year{2002}%
\starring{Vivek Oberoi, Manoj Bajpai, Antaraa mali}%
\singer{Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan}%
\music{Sandesh Shandilya}%
\lyrics{Akhilesh Sharma}%
%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%
khullam khullaa pyaar kare.n kare.n kabhii chorii se
le ke tujh ko saath chale.n jahaa.N ke paar kahii.n pe
kabhii to mohabbat kabhii to hai lafa.Daa
ko_ii yahaa.N halkaa ko_ii yahaa.N taga.Daa

ai ##Time Time## kii baat hai pyaare mai.n raga.Daa yaa tuu raga.Daa
chalaa karegaa saath me.n ye sab saath rahe.nge do dil jab tak
sa.ng tere kabhii sa.ng mere kaisii kaisii aa.Nkh michaulii
nikal le bha_iye sambhal le bha_iye nikal le bha_iye re.a

nahale pe dahalaa pa.D jaa_e pa.De soch me.n nahalaa
ko_ii naa jaane kaun aakharii kaun yahaa.N par pahalaa
lage yahaa.N jo daa.Nv kabhii duniyaa muTThii me.n ho jaa_e
are piTe jo moharaa qismat kaa to sab miTTii me.n mil jaa_e.a
khel ba.Daa hai ajab niraalaa tho.Daa ga.Daba.D tho.Daa jhaalaa
samajh sake to samajh le yaaraa jiivan jaise ek ThiTholii

jaan jaan kar hamane jaanaa bas itanaa hii jaanaa
chaar dino.n kaa chakkar saaraa kyaa apanaa kyaa begaanaa
khaTTii miiThii taqaraare.n sab ye to chalatii rahatii hai.n
pyaar kii baate.n lekin phir bhii dil me.n palatii rahatii hai.n
pyaar se hai ye duniyaa pyaarii aur to jhuuThii duniyaadaarii
solah aanaa baat hai sachchii dil pe rakh kar ham ne taulii

%
#endindian
\endsong
--------------------

@usa.net Nimish

Dec 4, 2002, 12:03:27 PM12/4/02
> another current hit. very catchy.

[[[DELTED]]]

> ai ##Time Time## kii baat hai pyaare mai.n raga.Daa yaa tuu raga.Daa

Someone (may be Mr. Sharma himself) explain to me what does the above line
mean!

After this catchy song, coming up is, I guess "rasste rasste tujhe
<snuff-snuff> su.nghatii huu.N dar dar ghumate". It is even more catchy (and
also more watchy!).

-- Nimish

rkusenet

Dec 4, 2002, 12:17:13 PM12/4/02

<vsr...@HCLInfinet.com> wrote :-

> another current hit. very catchy.

^^^^^^^^^^^

If possible, improve your taste.

thanks.

rk-

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 4, 2002, 10:37:58 PM12/4/02
Nimish wrote:

> > another current hit. very catchy.
> >
> [[[DELTED]]]
>
> > ai ##Time Time## kii baat hai pyaare mai.n raga.Daa yaa tuu raga.Daa
>
> Someone (may be Mr. Sharma himself) explain to me what does the above line mean!

As Mr Akhilesh Sharma is not around, I try to explain what I
could grasp.

raga.Danaa = rubbing/ getting rubbed.

In the movie, lovers Vivek and Antara were going to some
place in there car, and manoj asks for a lift. they
accomodate him, but then, manoj is a terrorist and he
creates problems for them, even runs away with the car with
antaraa. Either keeps on outwitting the other.

The line MIGHT mean that Vivek is telling Manoj that
sometimes Vivek is at the receiving end, sometimes manoj is
at the receiving end.

> After this catchy song, coming up is, I guess "rasste rasste tujhe <snuff-snuff> su.nghatii huu.N dar dar ghumate". It is even more catchy (and also more watchy!).

Wish of Nimish is my command.
Here it is.

btw in the second line "zi.ndagii ye kahii.n kharach naa ho jaa_e ghar ghar ghuumate", my
itranslator 99 did not give "kharch" properly. it was interpreting it wrongly so I have to convert
it to "kharach" which has full r. how to write it with half r (a curve above cha)?

Regards.
-Rawat
----------------------------
%
\startsong
\stat{vsrr0402, 1.00, 04/12/2002}%
\stitle{raste raste kabhii suu.Nghataa huu.N ... kyaa ye pyaar hai.a}%

\film{Road}%
\album{}%
\year{2002}%
\starring{Vivek Oberoi, Manoj Bajpai, Antaraa mali}%

\singer{Vinod Rathore, Sunidhi Chauhan}%
\music{Sandesh Shandilya}%
\lyrics{Jaideep Sahni}%

%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%

raste raste kabhii suu.Nghataa huu.N tujhe dar dar Dhuu.NDhate
zi.ndagii ye kahii.n kharach naa ho jaa_e ghar ghar ghuumate
kyaa ye pyaar hai.a kyaa ye pyaar hai.a
haa.N re pyaar hai.a haa.N ye pyaar hai.a

raste raste kabhii suu.Nghatii huu.N tujhe dar dar Dhuu.NDhate
zi.ndagii ye kahii.n kharach naa ho jaa_e ghar ghar ghuumate
kyaa ye pyaar hai.a kyaa ye pyaar hai.a
haa.N re pyaar hai.a e.a haa.N ye pyaar hai.a

ghar pe udaas duniyaa naaraaz kuchh to sahii kiyaa hogaa
hame.n jo rokate hai.n apanii umar me.n unho.n ne bhii to yahii kiyaa hogaa
he ye na karo vo na karo tum.a sab bakavaas hai

vo hai biimaar hai laa_ilaaz pyaar se jo duur duur bhaage
are un ko salaah do us ko davaa do dekhe hame.n aur tho.Daa jaage
haa.N ho gayaa jo ho gayaa e.a ham taiyaar hai.n
%
#endindian
\endsong
----------------------------------

UVR

Dec 4, 2002, 10:49:14 PM12/4/02
vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:

> btw in the second line "zi.ndagii ye kahii.n kharach naa ho jaa_e ghar ghar ghuumate", my
> itranslator 99 did not give "kharch" properly. it was interpreting it wrongly so I have to convert
> it to "kharach" which has full r. how to write it with half r (a curve above cha)?

1. Write the word like this: Karch
2. Use http://www.aczone.com/itrans/online to check your ITRANS
(I don't know what itranslator 99 is based on)
3. *Please* stop using the \stat{} and \album{} tags.

-UVR.

@usa.net Nimish

Dec 5, 2002, 12:04:16 AM12/5/02
> > > ai ##Time Time## kii baat hai pyaare mai.n raga.Daa yaa tuu raga.Daa
> >
> > Someone (may be Mr. Sharma himself) explain to me what does the above
line mean!

> As Mr Akhilesh Sharma is not around, I try to explain what I
> could grasp.
>
> raga.Danaa = rubbing/ getting rubbed.
>
> In the movie, lovers Vivek and Antara were going to some
> place in there car, and manoj asks for a lift. they
> accomodate him, but then, manoj is a terrorist and he
> creates problems for them, even runs away with the car with
> antaraa. Either keeps on outwitting the other.
>
> The line MIGHT mean that Vivek is telling Manoj that
> sometimes Vivek is at the receiving end, sometimes manoj is
> at the receiving end.

Thanks for the info . But I have watched the movie (twice actually - not by
choice the second time, though!) And it is a nice movie - catchy as you
might put it.

All my question meant was since when raga.Daa has come to mean "upper hand"?

-- Nimish

Urzung Khan

Dec 5, 2002, 1:13:21 AM12/5/02

ik ja.nglii piir ko ja.ngal me.n ik mast-malang ne yuu.n
raga.Daa
pahle sar raga.Daa phir dha.D raga.Daa phir de raga.Daa par de
raga.Daa

urzung khan

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 5, 2002, 4:33:37 AM12/5/02
UVR wrote:

> 1. Write the word like this: Karch

didn't work in itranslator99. giving the same error.

> 2. Use http://www.aczone.com/itrans/online to check your ITRANS

I don't know how people are paying for net, but I can't
afford to log on every time i have to check a thing. In any
case, I had gone to itranslator99 following aczone link.

I had written to aczone moderator, but he has gone on some
20 days out-of-office. On his return, I shall ask him
whether he can provide some off-line interface.

> (I don't know what itranslator 99 is based on)

Giving below is the readme file of them.

Why do you feel it is based on some non genuine itrans or it
is shabbily done? Anybody doing such a great work is indeed
sincere and thorough.

But if you have some RMIM approved version of off-line
itrans-checker, please do post the link. I can use that with
thanks to you.

> 3. *Please* stop using the \stat{} and \album{} tags.

I can't work on 100s of lyrics at the same time without
these two tags hence I am continuing to use them.

In any case, for all the persons seeing files in text mode
in RMIM mails, it should not matter what all right or wrong
tags are there. Nothing is breaking down, except the preset
notions.

> -UVR.

Regards.
-Rawat
---------------readme file of itranslator99
Itranslator 99
==============

Please see 'Quick Start' in the Help File to start
using Itranslator 99 immediately.

Users of Itranslator 98 may look under 'New Features
in Itranslator 99' in the help file.

Special Notes for this version
==============================

Itranslator 99 is using true type fonts 'Sanskrit 99'
and 'URW Palladio IT'. These fonts are not compatible
with earlier versions of Itranslator.

Copyright
=========

This product has been developed by Omkarananda Ashram
Himalayas © 2002 and we retain all rights with us.

This is Freeware and may be distributed to anyone
as long as it is done so at no charge and is accompanied
by this notice.

DISCLAIMER:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS FREEWARE.
OMKARANANDA ASHRAM HIMALAYAS IS NOT
IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS
OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF
THIS SOFTWARE.

Contact
=======

Any suggestions, complaints, etc. may kindly be
addressed to:

Swami Satchidananda
Omkarananda Ashram Himalayas
Swami Omkarananda Road
Muni-ki-reti (Rishikesh)
Distt. Tehri Garhwal
P.O. Shivanandanagar - 249 192
Uttaranchal, INDIA

or by email to:
itran...@omkarananda-ashram.org

Please visit our website at:
http://www.omkarananda-ashram.org
------------------------------

Ashok

Dec 5, 2002, 7:45:13 AM12/5/02
In article <3DEF1D71...@HCLInfinet.com>, vsr...@HCLInfinet.com says...

>But if you have some RMIM approved version of off-line
>itrans-checker, please do post the link. I can use that with
>thanks to you.

Download the "jaadoo" package. Very refreshing interface,
too: it is a DOS package.

>> 3. *Please* stop using the \stat{} and \album{} tags.
>
>I can't work on 100s of lyrics at the same time without
>these two tags hence I am continuing to use them.
>In any case, for all the persons seeing files in text mode
>in RMIM mails, it should not matter what all right or wrong
>tags are there. Nothing is breaking down, except the preset
>notions.

Don't be silly. The \..{..} is the syntax for a TeX macro.
If you haven't defined the macros already, your inputs won't
be interpreted. If you have to use them, as Devendra suggested,
use them in a comment line.

The songs you choose to transliterate are one strike against
you. On top of that, if your inputs are faulty, no one will
blame Vijay if he treated your lyrics like so many lepers.

Ashok

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 5, 2002, 9:21:42 AM12/5/02
Ashok wrote:

> Download the "jaadoo" package. Very refreshing interface,
> too: it is a DOS package.

Thanks.
url please?

> Don't be silly. The \..{..} is the syntax for a TeX macro.

TeX micro in what?
in itranslator?
in jaadoo?
in aczone online interface?

Why is any work required on the *.isb lyrics files? isn't
surajit's site showing them as such?

But if it is required, any open code will be updated by me,
and it is the responsibility of owners of the closed code to
update it.

I have written to aczone moderator to convert my arr files
to itrans, but his response was not positive. If people are
not willing to communicate or cooperate, what can I do?

Then they want me to follow same stone-age ways which had
lead c-isb in its current pathetic position that only two
dozen members of RMIM are accessing it. There are millions
of youths out there who are on net searching songs, but they
are not interested in 1930, 40, 50 music.

> If you haven't defined the macros already, your inputs won't be interpreted. If you have to use them, as Devendra suggested, use them in a comment line.

I am keeping all my songs with me and as myself and nimish
had suggested to Vijay that a poster should bear the
repsonsibility to get his songs included in ISB.

I shall zip all the songs and post to Vijay and other
workers of isb/itrans whenever they ask for it.

In the meantime, there is no need for Devendra "dont-ask-me"
Sharma or Nimish or Vijay or aczone or Surajit or Surjit or
any others to work on any song posted my me. Just enjoy and
forget.

In fact, that is the life of such catchy songs like phatela
jeb and khullam khulla. I realise that, yet I am posting
them because even in their short life, they can bring
grazzilions of hits and eyeballs to ISB/ITRANS sites.

:)

> The songs you choose to transliterate are one strike against you.

Every RMIMer who hated these songs should take a print out
of them and gift to his grandchildren. They will love the
lyrics and the grandpa for arranging it for them.

That is the way world is going today and oldy RMIMers are
getting by-passed. It is my help to make them a part of
mainstream. For once, they can humm and dance together with
their second or third generations.

> On top of that, if your inputs are faulty, no one will blame Vijay if he treated your lyrics like so many lepers.

Vijay will post a big thank you to me on this very list
because he is going to get everything presented on a platter
with "chaandii ka vark". He will wish that everybody
presents lyrics to him in this way. All faults that he
mentions will be removed/ modified to his utmost
satisfaction.

btw, Vijay's My-deja.com email id is bouncing and he is not
answering mails posted at the ng. Is anyone is aware of his
direct id on which I can write to him, please share.
volunteers working on group resources can't go hiding.

My worry is if he does not answer mails, and does not
clarify points or my doubts, how will I be able to work to
his requirements.

For one, I had written to vijay to "ALLOT" 300 song numbers
to me. so that I can number the lyrics file in those numbers
and update the indices. This will drastically reduce his
work. Don't you agree?

He might be having some reservations as he is used to
working single-handedly as a one man show. Sharing
responsibility brings accountability which he might not like
after his long monarchy. In fact, all ISB/ITRANS people are
working in isolation, in solitude. One unilaterally releases
his part, then other works singlehandedly and unilaterally
releases his part, then third.

They are not used to work in coordination. There is no team
spirit.

After all, it is their choice whether to clinge to their
"one-man-show" or to reduce their load by delegating to me
and other interested ones.

Regards.
-Rawat

Arun Verma

Dec 5, 2002, 9:39:41 AM12/5/02
I concur with Rawat here. His intentions are good - to contribute more
numbers to ISB and by adding
newer and catchy numbers bring a lot of attention and hits to ISB site.

Not all of his methods may be correct and ISB veterans may disagree but lets
sort it out in an amicable
manner by being open-minded about new suggestions for change in Itrans code
or whatever.

The worst thing that could happen is that we lose a great volunteer in Rawat
who has done a commendable
job of Itransing so many songs!! He is a great contributor and resource.

best
Arun

<vsr...@HCLInfinet.com> wrote in message

UVR

Dec 5, 2002, 12:21:22 PM12/5/02
vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:
> UVR wrote:
>
>>1. Write the word like this: Karch
>
> didn't work in itranslator99. giving the same error.

Then try this: Kach.r

If this too doesn't work, there is at least one severe bug
in the package you are using. If I were you, I would stop
using it.

>> (I don't know what itranslator 99 is based on)
>
> Giving below is the readme file of them.
>
> Why do you feel it is based on some non genuine itrans or it
> is shabbily done? Anybody doing such a great work is indeed
> sincere and thorough.

When did I say that "I feel it is based on some non genuine
itrans or it is shabbily done"? I just said I do not know
what (i.e., which version of ITRANS) this software is based
on. Clearly, it is not based on the latest available ITRANS
version.

When did I ever question the sincerity of the developers of
the itranslator 99 or their thoroughness in implementing it.
Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just saying that it is not
up to date with the latest version of ITRANS. Not that this,
by itself, is a bad thing, provided the pkg provides a 'proper
subset' of the features offered by ITRANS.

>>3. *Please* stop using the \stat{} and \album{} tags.
>
> I can't work on 100s of lyrics at the same time without
> these two tags hence I am continuing to use them.

Please put them in the comments fields, since these tags
are only meaningful for you. They are completely useless
for everyone else, including the ISB.

> In any case, for all the persons seeing files in text mode
> in RMIM mails, it should not matter what all right or wrong
> tags are there. Nothing is breaking down, except the preset
> notions.

What "preset notions"?

Have you even tried to compile your songs using ITRANS?
Not just the body of the songs, but the *entire song*,
complete with the header, footer and everything else?
Your songs *do not compile*. Period.

You are, of course, free to think that we (Devendra, I)
are lying to you about this, but then it is also quite
easy for you to prove that we are -- just show that any
one of your songs (with \stat{} and \album{}) compiles
successfully using ITRANS. That's not so hard, is it?
Instead of writing long explanations for why these tags
should be allowed, why don't you just spend 1-2 minutes
checking your ITRANS at the aczone.com site? BTW, it
takes <100 sec. for the aczone.com online tool to
compile your file if it is error free. If your files
have errors, the process takes even less time to print
out the error messages.

-UVR.

Ket...@att.net

Dec 5, 2002, 12:13:01 PM12/5/02
In article <asnho...@enews2.newsguy.com>, adhar...@hotmail.com says...

>The songs you choose to transliterate are one strike against
>you. On top of that, if your inputs are faulty, no one will
>blame Vijay if he treated your lyrics like so many lepers.

I cannot comment on technical aspects of Rawat's posts, since I don't know
enough. However on the choice of songs he chooses to transcribe, well, if you
choose to give shoddy treatement to songs that Rawat(or Nani, or anyone else)
transliterate, they reflect your biases and prejudices.

To me, the songs that Rawat transcribes have the same value as the ones that
Nani does. The probability that I might listen to some 2002 or some 1930s-40s
songs is the same, and hence I welcome lyrics by both.

I was under the impression that you believed in keeping an open mind in matters
relating to music, which is why your current stance smacking of snobbery is
disappointing.

Ketan

>Ashok

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 5, 2002, 12:56:21 PM12/5/02
UVR wrote:

> vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:
> > UVR wrote:
> >
> >>1. Write the word like this: Karch
> >
> > didn't work in itranslator99. giving the same error.
>
> Then try this: Kach.r
>
> If this too doesn't work, there is at least one severe bug
> in the package you are using. If I were you, I would stop
> using it.

I laughed at your suggestion, but then i tried it.

And bingo. IT DID WORK.

only that who will be able to read it without my translator?

in the meanwhile i found another way.

"kharcha" works. maybe they are particular about ending a.

thanks
regards.
-Rawat

Devendra Sharma

Dec 5, 2002, 1:08:49 PM12/5/02
vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote in message news:<3DEF1D71...@HCLInfinet.com>...

> > 2. Use http://www.aczone.com/itrans/online to check your ITRANS
>
> I don't know how people are paying for net, but I can't
> afford to log on every time i have to check a thing. In any
> case, I had gone to itranslator99 following aczone link.

you seem to be working with an incorrect software which is not updated as
frequently as the original ITRANS. ITRANS is updated more frequently
and can be loaded on your computer, it allows you to work offline,
the online interface if only an alernative in case you dont have
ITRANS running on your comp. It is a freeware the latest version can
be downloaded from http://www.aczone.com/itrans/#iarchives.

> > 3. *Please* stop using the \stat{} and \album{} tags.
>
> I can't work on 100s of lyrics at the same time without
> these two tags hence I am continuing to use them.

no comments, you need to know more about ITRANS.

> In any case, for all the persons seeing files in text mode
> in RMIM mails, it should not matter what all right or wrong
> tags are there. Nothing is breaking down, except the preset
> notions.

to know what else is done with the lyrics please download atleast
one of the files from

http://thaxi.hsc.usc.edu/rmim/cisb/ps.html
or
http://homepage.mac.com/itrans/ps.html

and look at it carefully,

regards
devendra

Nimish

Dec 5, 2002, 1:36:06 PM12/5/02
> Every RMIMer who hated these songs should take a print out
> of them and gift to his grandchildren. They will love the
> lyrics and the grandpa for arranging it for them.
>
> That is the way world is going today and oldy RMIMers are
> getting by-passed. It is my help to make them a part of
> mainstream. For once, they can humm and dance together with
> their second or third generations.

Good point, except for a little fact that some of the RMIMers who - let me
say "don't like" - these songs may themselves still be "grandchildren". They
will not be happy at all if they receive a print out of these lyrics from
their grand-parents. :)

Of course, that *does not* mean these songs should not be posted on RMIM or
added to ISB. As long as RMIM is defined to be a NG for the discussion of
(Hindi) Film Music, it includes all film music - whether some people like
some of it or not.

- Nimish

UVR

Dec 5, 2002, 2:25:17 PM12/5/02
to vsr...@hclinfinet.com
vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:
> Ashok wrote:
>
>>Download the "jaadoo" package. Very refreshing interface,
>>too: it is a DOS package.
>
> Thanks.
> url please?

For the last time ... http://www.aczone.com/itrans/
(yes, jaadoo is downloadable from there).

Avinash's version of ITRANS also has a Win32 version
that can be used offline (and which, too, can be down-
downloaded from the same site). You will need a PC
version of TeX/LaTeX to work with it, though. jaadoo
has no such requirement.

> But if it is required, any open code will be updated by me,
> and it is the responsibility of owners of the closed code to
> update it.

Great! ITRANS source code is open. It's available for
download, again from the same aczone.com/itrans site.
Read the copyright notice and feel free to update ITRANS
in accordance with it.

> I have written to aczone moderator to convert my arr files
> to itrans, but his response was not positive. If people are
> not willing to communicate or cooperate, what can I do?

You can convert the files yourself; you don't need
anyone else to do them for you. All the tools are
available for download and use (yes, offline use).

> Then they want me to follow same stone-age ways which had
> lead c-isb in its current pathetic position that only two
> dozen members of RMIM are accessing it. There are millions
> of youths out there who are on net searching songs, but they
> are not interested in 1930, 40, 50 music.

Who told you only two dozen RMIMers are accessing the C-ISB?
I personally know more than 24 non-RMIMers who access it. :)

> I shall zip all the songs and post to Vijay and other
> workers of isb/itrans whenever they ask for it.

That's a good thing you're planning to do: it'll make
Vijay's life easier.

> For one, I had written to vijay to "ALLOT" 300 song numbers
> to me. so that I can number the lyrics file in those numbers
> and update the indices. This will drastically reduce his
> work. Don't you agree?

I don't. I do not think it is unnecessary to "allot"
any numbers to anyone. You can post the songs whenever
you have the lyrics with you, and Vijay can pick them
up in whichever order he wants. Perhaps if you send
him the songs in a zip file, he will pick all of them
in one 'swell foop' and assign consecutive numbers to
them. But as long as all your songs make it into the
ISB, what does it matter which serial numbers they have?

> He might be having some reservations as he is used to
> working single-handedly as a one man show. Sharing
> responsibility brings accountability which he might not like
> after his long monarchy. In fact, all ISB/ITRANS people are
> working in isolation, in solitude. One unilaterally releases
> his part, then other works singlehandedly and unilaterally
> releases his part, then third.
>
> They are not used to work in coordination. There is no team
> spirit.

Spewing such baseless and unfounded vitriol is totally
unwarranted. Please STOP. If you sincerely want to
help (and I do not doubt that you do) please just say
"I want to help" and proceed to ask how you can help.
Don't say "you're all dictators, you're all idiots if
you don't want my help."

-UVR.

Srinivas Ganti

Dec 5, 2002, 3:34:57 PM12/5/02

><vsr...@HCLInfinet.com> wrote :

> Every RMIMer who hated these songs should take a print out
> of them and gift to his grandchildren. They will love the
> lyrics and the grandpa for arranging it for them.
>
> That is the way world is going today and oldy RMIMers are
> getting by-passed. It is my help to make them a part of
> mainstream. For once, they can humm and dance together with
> their second or third generations.

Me thinks there is a better way out. Choose not to have children and
Grandchildren!:)

While you are free to post lyrics of new songs space them so that ppl. will
pay more attention.
You are dumping them as if they are making ur house stink and as if u want
to post the lyrics
and throw them out of ur mind / house as in garbage ASAP.

sg.

Srinivas Ganti

Dec 5, 2002, 4:09:01 PM12/5/02

>vsr...@HCLInfinet.com> wrote :

> Every RMIMer who hated these songs should take a print out
> of them and gift to his grandchildren. They will love the
> lyrics and the grandpa for arranging it for them.
>
> That is the way world is going today and oldy RMIMers are
> getting by-passed. It is my help to make them a part of
> mainstream. For once, they can humm and dance together with
> their second or third generations.

Nimish has already pointed the scenario where the person who likes old songs
is much more likely to be the grandson than the grandfather.

Also by the time today's youngsters( who are ARR fans) become grandfathers
ARR may not be in vogue. So the grandchildren of ARR fans may not like ARR
and club the grandfathers as old fashioned. So Rawat don't come to me when
ur
grandson hates ARR's music :)

Its much better to be called old fashioned when u are young and start
getting used
to it than suddenly being called old fashioned one fine day! :)

sg.

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 5, 2002, 9:57:28 PM12/5/02
Keep enjoying.

Regards.
-Rawat
----------------------------
%
\startsong

%stat{vsrj0306, 1.00, 05/12/2002}%
\stitle{prem jaal me.n pha.ns ga_ii mai.n to}%
\film{Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai}%
%album{}%
\year{2001}%
\starring{Govinda, Sonali Bendre, Rinki Khanna}%
\singer{Sukhvindar Singh, Anuradha Sriram, Chorus}%
\music{Anand Raj Anand}%
\lyrics{Dev Kohli, Pravin Bhardwaj}%

%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%

prem jaal me.n pha.ns ga_ii mai.n to
prem taal pe nach pa_ii mai.n to
prem nagar me.n ho ga_ii merii shaam

prem taal kaa de ke Thekaa
prem jaal premii ne phe.nkaa
aage jo bhalii kare.n raam
ha_iyaa ha_iyaa

are prem jaal me.n pha.ns ga_ii tuu to
prem taal pe nach pa_ii tuu to
prem nagar me.n ho ga_ii terii shaam
he he he he

prem taal kaa le ke Thekaa
prem jaal maine hii phe.nkaa
bhalii kare.nge terii raam
ha_iyaa ha_iyaa

terii tiikhii hai re nazari_aa
mai.n ho ga_ii re baa.nvari_aa
vaah
tuu thaam le mujh ko aa kar
ban jaa meraa saa.nvari_aa

are kyaa samajhaa hai tuu ne mujh ko
kar naa diyaa paagal jo tujh ko
badal diyo raanii tuu meraa naam
are prem taal kaa le ke Thekaa \threedots

tere nainaa hu_e sharaabii
merii ba.Dh ga_ii hai betaabii
tere ruup kii gaagar chhalakii
merii ho ga_ii shaam gulaabii

mai.n diivaanii ho ga_ii ab to
thaam le mujh ko chho.D de sab ko
bas itanaa saa kar de meraa kaam
he he he he
are prem taal kaa le ke Thekaa \threedots
%
#endindian
\endsong
----------------------------------

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 5, 2002, 10:48:27 PM12/5/02
UVR wrote:

> When did I say that "I feel it is based on some non genuine itrans or it is shabbily done"?

you did not say it.

> I'm just saying that it is not up to date with the latest version of ITRANS. Not that this, by itself, is a bad thing, provided the pkg provides a 'proper subset' of the features offered by ITRANS.

Their site url and email id is available to you now, would you consider writing to them so that they
can improve it.

> Please put them in the comments fields, since these tags
> are only meaningful for you. They are completely useless
> for everyone else, including the ISB.

You would like to have a 1000 lyrics, but would not accept a tiny adjustment which helps the poster
in compiling them.

in my last mail, I have put them as comments.

> What "preset notions"?

> Have you even tried to compile your songs using ITRANS?
> Not just the body of the songs, but the *entire song*,
> complete with the header, footer and everything else?
> Your songs *do not compile*. Period.

Surajit ji is going to snatch away remaining hairs from his head but that brings me back to the
query.

HOW TO COMPILE USING "ITRANS"? Is there any software available for that? url? How to do it and why
to do it?

> You are, of course, free to think that we (Devendra, I)
> are lying to you about this,

I don't believe that you or Devendra are lying. I guess it is more of lethargy or procrastination.
You have mastered in doing things using old ways, you don't want to re-learn.

> but then it is also quite easy for you to prove that we are -- just show that any one of your songs (with \stat{} and \album{}) compiles successfully using ITRANS. That's not so hard, is it?

If you need ITRANS compilations, you get your software updated by yourself, or by your vendors.

> Instead of writing long explanations for why these tags
> should be allowed, why don't you just spend 1-2 minutes
> checking your ITRANS at the aczone.com site?

It is headache of aczone webmasters to make their software working to handle exception. It is indeed
a fault in THEIR software that it hangs/ aborts at unknown things. At most, the software should
ignore uknown elements.

If they are making their source code available to me (is it available open?), then I can tell them
how to correct. Though I am sure that they already know how to correct it. It is their choice
whether to correct it or not.

Old timers have mastered the art of working with existing itrans with its archaic ways. They are not
willing to accept suggestion which will help the contributor in preparing more and more lyrics in
less and less time. By becoming incommunicado, they end up hindering the process. That is preset
notions.

If description fields can be searched, all the programming languages and spreadsheets can be dumped
in pacific ocean and people can work just with wordpad ot textpad. People are not
seeing the the necessity of album field. That is preset notions.

Issue of last isb 6.0 release is not yet solved. Nobody knows which old files were updated for that
release. Vijay himself does not have any idea. People are still not willing to see the necessity of
stat field. That is preset notions.

So many songs get posted to rmim, several get lost and are never included in isb releases, like Arup
Ray's "do chamakatii aa.Nkho.n ne". Still people are not willing to see the necessity of stat field.
That is preset notions.

If these fields could have been done away with by all the suggestions made by so many of you, what
is the fun I am getting by adding two unwanted lines in every file?

> BTW, it
> takes <100 sec. for the aczone.com online tool to
> compile your file if it is error free. If your files
> have errors, the process takes even less time to print
> out the error messages.

I had written to aczone offering them my arr files to convert to itrans, but they did not show any
interest in it without citing any reason. Aczone is not interested. Vijay is not answering. His
email-id is bouncing. Surajit is blabbering. Devendra is on "DON'T ASK ME" takiya kalaam. Devendra's
own post on ISBpart7.ps completion did not elicit a single response in the ng. What do you suggest
one can do among this cesorship.

So, I have choosen to continue preparing more lyrics for isb/itrans. my 211 arr lyrics have got
converted to isb format. Now I shall be checking and coorecting for itrans errors using itranslator.
Then it will be ready for inclusion in ISB. Maybe a week more. That will be isb 6.1 release, or 7.0.

I shall be adding 1000 new lyrics to isb by 31/03/03. Just think how you will manage your files if
you have to work with this volume and you will know how much these two fields are required.

There are some other fields I feel required, but I have not yet mentioned.

I recently posted a list of about 300 MDs. I might have duplicates, or wrong names, yet there will
certainly be more mds which are not in the list.

The searchamovie website lists about 7000 movies till 1998 or whenever the site was last updated.
add 500 more for rest of years. assume 5 songs on average per movie. 7500 movies * 5 songs = 37500
song.

And people are happy with 3250 songs compiled in 10 years. They are patting each other's back,
congratulating themselves. We have to add all of them to isb. It may take generations but we have to
start now.

Existing ISB/ ITRANS with the limitations of its keepers is just not suitable to cope up with this
volume.

Neither you nor I nor anyone else will be getting any monetary benefit nor any award, yet we all are
doing it beause we have been captivated by a vision. Let's come together.

Regards.
-Rawat

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 6, 2002, 12:52:18 AM12/6/02
Enjoyment continues.

Regards.
-Rawat
----------------------------
%
\startsong

%stat{vsrk0402, 1.00, 05/12/2002}%
\stitle{nikammaa kiyaa is dil ne}%
\film{Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa}%
%album{}%
\year{2002}%
\starring{Tushaar Kapoor, Ishaa Deol}%
\singer{Part 1: Shaan, Sanjivani, Chorus, Part 2: Shaan, Sanjivani, Jaspinder Narula}%
\music{Himesh Reshamiya}%
\lyrics{Shanjay Chhail}%

%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%

nikammaa kiyaa is dil ne is dil ne kiyaa hai nikammaa
aashiqii chaahataa hai zi.ndagii ujaa.Dataa hai
roke ruke naa kabhii ye kisii kii kahaa.N maanataa hai
##o yeah##

yaado.n me.n khoyaa rahataa hai vaado.n me.n Duubaa rahataa hai
mushqile.n paidaa karataa hai ba.Daa badanaam karataa hai
nikammaa kiyaa is dil ne \threedots

##I love your eyes, I love your name##
##I love your smile, I love your face##
magar kyaa kare.n bahut ##problem## hai yaar

dha.Dakane.n karatii hai.n kaisaa hallaa
kyaa kahe.n tumase ham khullam khullaa
duuriyaa.N nazadiikiyaa.N bhii gum ho jaatii hai.n
sab kuchh miTaataa hai
nikammaa kiyaa is dil ne \threedots

##I love your lips, I love your hair##
##I love your legs, I love your cheeks##
##but forget it##

qhaam qhaah aa.Nkh me.n aa.Nsuu laa_e
aur kabhii chaahate.n bhii barasaa_e
jiine ko haraam kar de maranaa sikhaataa hai ye
qayaamat laataa hai
nikammaa kiyaa is dil ne \threedots

##I love your touch, I love your voice##
##I love your smile, I love your heart##
##oh yeah##
%
#endindian
\endsong
----------------------------------

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 6, 2002, 1:02:37 AM12/6/02
Enjoyment continues.

Regards.
-Rawat
----------------------------
%
\startsong

%stat{vsrs0301, 1.00, 05/12/2002}%
\stitle{ishq kamiinaa}%
\film{Shakti The Power}%
%album{}%
\year{2002}%
\starring{Sanjay Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Nana Patekar, Shahrukh Khan}%
\singer{Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam}%
\music{Annu Malik}%
\lyrics{Sameer}%

%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%

ishq ishq haa.N
bedardii ishq nigo.Daa
sab kaa dil is ne to.Daa
har aashiq ishq se haaraa
ham ko bhii ishq ne maaraa
aa_e chain kahii.n na
kar de mushqil jiinaa ishq kamiinaa

ta.Dapaataa hai raat bhar
detaa hai dard\-e\-jigar
ko_ii bhii bach paa_e naa
qaatil hai is kii nazar
ta.Dapaa_e kabhii tarasaa_e kabhii naa baat ko_ii maane
chho.De kisii ko kabhii naa
kar de mushqil jiinaa ishq kamiinaa \threedots

naa zor is pe chale chale
is me.n hu_e faasale haa_y
badanaamiyaa.N bas milii.n milii.n
laakho.n ke ghar bhii jale haa.N
luT jaa_e ko_ii miT jaa_e ko_ii barabaad kare sab ko
is ne sab kuchh chhiinaa
kar de mushqil jiinaa ishq kamiinaa \threedots

##But I love## ishq babu_aa
%
#endindian
\endsong
----------------------------------

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 6, 2002, 1:18:59 AM12/6/02
Enjoyment continues.

Regards.
-Rawat
----------------------------
%
\startsong

%stat{vsrp0301, 1.00, 05/12/2002}%
\stitle{kamabaqht ishq hai jo saaraa jahaa.N hai vo}%
\film{Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya}%
%album{}%
\year{2002}%
\starring{Fardin Khan, Urmila Matondkar, Sonali Kulkarnii}%
\singer{Asha Bhonsale, Sukhvindar Singh, Sonu Nigam}%
\music{Sandeep Chowta}%
\lyrics{Nitin Raikwar}%

%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%

kamabaqht ishq hai jo
saaraa jahaa.N hai vo
kab aataa hai kab jaataa hai
par rahataa hai jab tak ye kamabaqht jannat dikhaataa hai
kamabaqht ishq \threedots

dil de de dil de de

he ye ishq ishq himmat hai
ye ishq ishq kismat hai
ye ishq ishq taakat hai
ye ishq dil ki daulat hai
ye ishq na miT paa_egaa
tuu ishq me.n miT jaa_egaa
hai ishq me.n miTanaa aisaa
ko_ii nayaa janam ho jaisaa
kamabaqht ishq \threedots

ta.Dapaataa hai ho tarasaataa hai
par rahataa hai jab tak ye kamabaqht jannat dikhaataa hai

dil dil me.n basaa hai aise
patthar pe lakiire.n jaise
is se bachanaa mushqil hai
bachanaa chaahe.n to kaise
saalo.n se yahaa.N rahataa hai
har ko_ii ise karataa hai
is se chhupanaa hai mushqil
is me.n na ko_ii paradaa hai
kamabaqht ishq \threedots
%
#endindian
\endsong
----------------------------------

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 6, 2002, 1:48:51 AM12/6/02
Gift from pakistan.

non-filmi enjoyment continues.

Regards.
-Rawat
----------------------------
%
\startsong

%stat{vsrk0501, 1.00, 05/12/2002}%
\stitle{##Lift## karaa de ... terii uu.Nchii shaan hai maulaa}%
\film{}%
%album{Kabhi To Nazar Milao}%
\year{2000}%
\starring{Adnan Sami, Govinda}%
\singer{Adnan Sami}%
\music{Adnan Sami}%
\lyrics{Riyaaz-ur-rahmaan Saagar}%

%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%

terii uu.Nchii shaan hai maulaa
merii arajii maan le maulaa
tuu hai sab kuchh jaanane vaalaa
mai.n huu.N teraa maanane vaalaa
mujhako bhii to ##Lift## karaa de
tho.Dii sii to ##Lift## karaa de
terii uu.Nchii shaan hai \threedots

ba.ngalaa ##motor car## dilaa de
ek nahii.n do chaar dilaa de
mujhako ##aeroplane## dilaa de
duniyaa bhar kii sair karaa de
kaise kaiso.n ko diyaa hai
aise vaiso.n ko diyaa hai
mujhako bhii to ##Lift## karaa de

##Dollar## de yaa ##pound## de de
##Cash## de de ##Cheque## banaa de
##dirham## aur ##dinaar## de de
tuu hii chhappar phaa.D maulaa
apanii jebe.n jhaa.D maulaa
ab to mujh ko maal dilaa de
aur nahii.n ab Taal dilaa de
mujhako bhii to ##Lift## karaa de

sonaa de de chaa.Ndii de de
hiire de de motii de de
noTo.n kii barasaat kar de
tuune qhud hii to kahaa hai
detaa huu.N jo maa.Ngataa hai
kab se ba.ndaa maa.Ng rahaa hai
kab se ##line## me.n kha.Daa hai
mujhako bhii to ##Lift## karaa de
%
#endindian
\endsong
----------------------------------

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 6, 2002, 2:13:28 AM12/6/02
Hi folks,

Please welcome our esteemed Prime Minister's entry into the ISB/ iTrans/ RMIM world.

Musharraf can't beat our veteran at it.

Regards.
-Rawat
----------------------------
%
\startsong

%stat{vsrs0401, 1.00, 05/12/2002}%
\stitle(kyaa khoyaa kyaa paayaa jag me.n}%
\film{}%
%album{Samvedna Sensitiviy}%
\year{2000}%
\starring{Shahrukh Khan}%
\singer{Jagjit Singh}%
\music{Jagjit Singh}%
\lyrics{Atal Bihari vaajpayi}%

%
% Contributor: V S Rawat <VSRawat @ HCLInfinet.com >
% Transliterator:
% Comments:
%
%
\printtitle
#indian
%

kyaa khoyaa kyaa paayaa jag me.n
%(what has been lost and what has been gained in the world)

milate aur bichha.Date mag me.n
%(while meeting with people and getting seaprated from people in this world)

mujhe kisii se nahii.n shiqaayat
%(I have no complaint against anybody)

yadyapi chhalaa gayaa pag pag me.n
%(although I have been cheated at every step)

ek dRRiShTi biitii par Daale.n
%(let's cast one glance at the past events)

yaado.n kii poTalii TaTole.n
%(let's open up the baggage of memoires)

apane hii man se kuchh bole.n
%(let's tell something to our own mind)

prathvii laakho.n varSh puraanii
%(the earth is millions of years old)

jiivan ek anant kahaanii
%(life is an unending tale)

par tan kii apanii siimaa_e.N
%(but body has got its own limitations)

yadyapi sau sharado.n kii vaaNii
%(though the body has been granted voice to be able to speak for a hundred years)

itanaa kaafii hai a.ntim dastak
%(it will suffice that whenever the last knock comes)

par qhud daravaazaa khole.n
%(we should be active to unlatch the door ourselves)

apane hii man se kuchh bole.n

janm maraN kaa avirat pheraa
%(living and dieing is a continuous circle)

jiivan ba.njaaro.n kaa Deraa
%(life is a camp of gypsies)

aaj yahaa.n kal kahaa.N kuuch hai
%(today we are here, tomorrow where we will be headed for)

kaun jaanataa kidhar saveraa
%(who knows where the next dawn will break)

a.Ndhiyaaraa aakaash asiimit
%(dark sky is unending)

praaNo.n ke pa.nkho.n ko taule.n
%(let's spread the wings of the soul)

apane hii man se kuchh bole.n
%
#endindian
\endsong
----------------------------------

Devendra Sharma

Dec 6, 2002, 9:23:07 AM12/6/02
vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote in message news:<3DF01E0B...@HCLInfinet.com>...

> > You are, of course, free to think that we (Devendra, I)
> > are lying to you about this,
>
> I don't believe that you or Devendra are lying. I guess it is more of
> lethargy or procrastination.
> You have mastered in doing things using old ways, you don't want to re-learn.

If you think that you are the only expert in this forum
and rest of us are a bunch of fools, please correct your notions.
If any one is being lethargic here, it is you. You don't know
what ITRANS is all about and also do not wish to learn it thinking
that the software you are using is superior (sign of lethargy).
You do not know what is the history of ITRANS and why other software
are based on it's philosophy (including the one you are using) you
also don't want to learn it by yourself (another sign of lethargy).
You would never try to know by yourself what is the power of ITRANS,
why is it preferred for the ISB and like to conclude very easily that
we are all outdated, foolish and you are the only *young blood* on
this forum, I'd again say please correct your notions,
it is very dangerous to have such notions, tell us sometime
what do you know about all of us and our backgrounds. Most of us
like old songs doesn't mean that we don't know what softwares are
and how do they work, you seem to talk as if you know all of us
very well.

People here are not lethargic, they don't simply go to some music
store, buy new songs for few bucks, listen them and post them.
They prefer to make efforts and take pain to find rare old songs and post them.
They don't get lethargic and take short cut for merely increasing
the number. If you really wish to show that you have the correct
spirit and you are not lethargic then please (also) post missing
songs from 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s etc. in the same proportion, they
are more required, songs from 90s and 2000 onwards are easily available
on stores (even on internet), in fact it is sometime difficult
"not to listen to them". (I don't mean I don't enjoy new songs and
they should not be posted for ISB) but you should remember that it's
more that you are being lethargic by not taking pain for increasing the
number of song on ISB, it is fine if you like these songs and post them
but if you are doing this just to increase the number you are taking
a short cut, this is not what people do here.

devendra

UVR

Dec 6, 2002, 12:44:55 PM12/6/02
vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:

> UVR wrote:
>
>> I'm just saying that it is not up to date with the latest version of
>> ITRANS. Not that this, by itself, is a bad thing, provided the pkg
>> provides a 'proper subset' of the features offered by ITRANS.
>
> Their site url and email id is available to you now, would you consider writing to them so that they
> can improve it.

Yes, I will consider it.

Note that itranslator 99 is specifically designed for Sanskrit
(e.g., for 'ham tum', it generates the equivalent of 'ham.h
tum.h'). This is not a bad thing. Just an aspect of the s/w
you should know before you use it for Hindi. The itranslator
also claims to convert ITRANS 5.30 encoded text, but there are
at least two known (to me) ways in which it deviates from the
ITRANS 5.30 spec --

1. Karch, dard, &c still generate the Marathi-style ra-faar(?)
instead of the Hindi style half-ra. This functionality
has been deprecated in ITRANS 5.30

2. It treats qh = K. This does not agree with the ITRANS 5.30
spec, nor does it (IMO) make any logical sense. qh should
simply generate the "q+h" ligature, as Avinash's version
does, so that one can write words like fiqh, waqh etc.

>>Please put them in the comments fields, since these tags
>>are only meaningful for you. They are completely useless
>>for everyone else, including the ISB.
>
> You would like to have a 1000 lyrics, but would not accept a tiny adjustment which helps the poster
> in compiling them.

Right back at you, Rawat!

You would like to post 1000 lyrics, but would not accept
a tiny adjustment which will help ITRANS (*and* the
itranslator software, BTW) successfully compile them?

> in my last mail, I have put them as comments.

Good. ITRANS will be happy. itranslator 99 will not hang.

>>Have you even tried to compile your songs using ITRANS?
>>Not just the body of the songs, but the *entire song*,
>>complete with the header, footer and everything else?
>>Your songs *do not compile*. Period.
>
> Surajit ji is going to snatch away remaining hairs from his head but that brings me back to the
> query.
>
> HOW TO COMPILE USING "ITRANS"? Is there any software available for that? url? How to do it and why
> to do it?

It becoming really difficult not to call you a lazy-assed
moron, Rawat!

How many times have you been pointed to the aczone.com
website? How many times have you been told that it will
help you if only you spent some time reading the docu-
mentation? How many times have you been told that the
answers to all the questions you are asking here and MORE
are available in the software you can download and install
on your PC for offline use?

And how many times have you visited that site and read
the documentation, OR downloaded and installed the s/w
and used it? Let me guess: NOT ONCE!

>>You are, of course, free to think that we (Devendra, I)
>>are lying to you about this,
>
> I don't believe that you or Devendra are lying. I guess it is more of lethargy or procrastination.
> You have mastered in doing things using old ways, you don't want to re-learn.

The nerve! The audacious cheek! *You* don't have the
intellectual integrity OR the technical wherewithal
to lift a finger and click that darn mouse button to
download software which you have been pointed at,
and you have the *temerity* to call _us_ lethargic?!

>>but then it is also quite easy for you to prove that we are -- just show that any one of your songs (with \stat{} and \album{}) compiles successfully using ITRANS. That's not so hard, is it?
>
> If you need ITRANS compilations, you get your software updated by yourself, or by your vendors.

What does this mean? Which "vendors" are you talking about?
And anyway, *I* don't need 'ITRANS compilations', *you* need
them.

>>Instead of writing long explanations for why these tags
>>should be allowed, why don't you just spend 1-2 minutes
>>checking your ITRANS at the aczone.com site?
>
> It is headache of aczone webmasters to make their software working to handle exception. It is indeed
> a fault in THEIR software that it hangs/ aborts at unknown things. At most, the software should
> ignore uknown elements.

Okay, but this point only has limited merit. Ever heard of
"syntax errors", Rawat? Every child who has written a C
program has heard of (and probably experienced) them. When
you write a program that contains 'words' which are unknown
to the compiler, the compiler spits them out in your face
with a "syntax error". THAT's what is happening here.

> If they are making their source code available to me (is it available open?), then I can tell them
> how to correct. Though I am sure that they already know how to correct it. It is their choice
> whether to correct it or not.

Why do you want to only "tell them how to correct" (sic)?
Why don't you want to make changes to the source code
yourself. YES, for the n'th time in this thread, the
source code for ITRANS is *open*, Rawat!

> Old timers have mastered the art of working with existing itrans with its archaic ways. They are not
> willing to accept suggestion which will help the contributor in preparing more and more lyrics in
> less and less time. By becoming incommunicado, they end up hindering the process. That is preset
> notions.
>
> If description fields can be searched, all the programming languages and spreadsheets can be dumped
> in pacific ocean and people can work just with wordpad ot textpad. People are not
> seeing the the necessity of album field. That is preset notions.
>
> Issue of last isb 6.0 release is not yet solved. Nobody knows which old files were updated for that
> release. Vijay himself does not have any idea. People are still not willing to see the necessity of
> stat field. That is preset notions.
>
> So many songs get posted to rmim, several get lost and are never included in isb releases, like Arup
> Ray's "do chamakatii aa.Nkho.n ne". Still people are not willing to see the necessity of stat field.
> That is preset notions.

STOP already, with your incessant complaints about "preset
notions", and your nonsensical name-calling, will you please?
You are the one who has "preset notions" about the people
who inhabit this forum [grandchildren? old dudes? patent
balderdash!] Believe it or not, you're not exactly endearing
yourself to anyone on this forum with that kind of tripe. It
is rather hard to take Rawat seriously when all he does is
complain about this, that, and the neighbor's dog. More so
when he shows absolutely no willingness to check out URLs
that he has been pointed to over-and-over-and-over again,
or to download and read documentation that he has been told
contains the answers to his questions. All this talk about
giving suggestions to 'vendors' (whoever the heck they are)
is nothing but chaff, fluff and meaningless chatter. Since
those to whom you gave these suggestions are not receptive
(for whatever reason), why don't you go implement your "sug-
gestions" yourself? After all, you were the one who claimed
that if the s/w was open, you would change it yourself, were
you not?

> If these fields could have been done away with by all the suggestions made by so many of you, what
> is the fun I am getting by adding two unwanted lines in every file?

How do I know? What *is* "the fun you are getting"? Oh,
please tell me, please, Rawat. I can't wait!

<GONE -- lots of egregious "epitheting" and something about
being captivated by a "vision">

-UVR.

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 6, 2002, 12:51:43 PM12/6/02
Devendra Sharma wrote:

I was expecting your outburst. My prediction about your psychological profile is correct.

For one, you could have sent it by direct mail as per nettiquete, but you liked to make it a show in
front of all audiences. My right to defend myself holds.

> If you think that you are the only expert in this forum

I don't think so.

> and rest of us are a bunch of fools,

I don't think so.

> please correct your notions.
> If any one is being lethargic here, it is you. You don't know
> what ITRANS is all about

yes I have confessed plenty of times that I don't know. I had posted queries to learn it.

> and also do not wish to learn it

you are absolutely doubtlessly WRONG.
You never helped me in learning as you used a takiya kalaam "don't ask me" umpteen times, yet their
are helping people on the list, which are helping me in learning it.

This is one kind of lethargy of yours that you are sitting ready to rebuke anyone. Tens of times you
could have clarified, but no, like surajit ji, you are also riding your high horse, that God has not
made you for teaching anyone anything. I wonder whether you yourself has learned anything here or
your mind already had all of it pre-fed when you were born.

when I ask about what you are doing in ps file conversion, you are posting a wasteful link having 7
zipped files of 1.5-2.0 MB each. Instead of jotting down in a few lines what you are doing, you
wanted me to download a 1.7 MB file and make out what you are doing. In your language that is called
helping. In my language, it is called lethargy and non-helping-attitude.

> thinking that the software you are using is superior (sign of lethargy).

wrong diagnosis by a incompetent doctor that you are.

I had downloaded that package following the link at aczone that UVR had posted. If it is inferior,
why aczone is displaying it even today so proudly, and why the self-proclaimed experts like you have
not taken pains till date to give feedback to the developers of the package so that they correct
it?????

And following Ashok and your link, I have downloaded Jaaduu package. There goes your baseless
accusation of lethargy or using wrong softwares.

> You do not know what is the history of ITRANS

Even now I think that one need not know history of it. if you are using windows2000, you need not a
bit about w98 or w95 or windowsforworkgroup or msdos or pcdos or unix.

History is a good subject in itself. but not knowing that does not give you a handicap.

> and why other software
> are based on it's philosophy (including the one you are using)

I am interested in philosophy, but I will not wait to learn that when work is getting hindered.

And for all your blabbering, you never wrote a word about history and philosophy of itrans. I guess,
lethargy was a lenient term i used. It is more of kinky intentions.

> you
> also don't want to learn it by yourself (another sign of lethargy).

As if you are feeding all in my mind by telepathy.
point out any error in 10 lyrics posted by me in last two days. It is my challenge. or eat your
words.

> You would never try to know by yourself what is the power of ITRANS,
> why is it preferred for the ISB and

Your conclusion is WRONG because I have started using iTrans only after understandig its merits.
About three dozen lyrics posted by me is a proof that I am learning and prefecting my knowledge of
iTrans.

> like to conclude very easily that
> we are all outdated, foolish

not foolish, but outdated certainly. Nobody mentions what is the proper procedure to get a
modification incorporated in itrans. Nobody is telling (or knows) when was the last change
incorporated in itrans. Everybody is sticking to the version just because they have used it for
years.

> and you are the only *young blood* on
> this forum, I'd again say please correct your notions,

You do not know my age, thus your charge goes away. Ask Nani or some other person who knows that.
Anyway, I take it as a complement that you found me young blood.

> it is very dangerous to have such notions,

That is what I had been saying all the time: IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO HAVE NOTIONS.

> tell us sometime
> what do you know about all of us and our backgrounds.

All your biographies are not yet part of U.P.Board syllabus. You disclose by your posts and then
people come to know what you are, and whether you will help or not. Their is no need to any further
as for as some task is concern. Though I am in direct mail basis with some members.

> Most of us
> like old songs doesn't mean that we don't know what softwares are
> and how do they work, you seem to talk as if you know all of us
> very well.

You might be using developed packages which you had perfected. I myself don't know Tex, c, perl to
any expert level. Again, your conclusion that I am a software expert is totally wrong, but I take it
as a complement.

> People here are not lethargic,

you are concluding first, then presenting your "proof". Wrong presetnation sequence.

> they don't simply go to some music
> store,

Is it home delivered, or do they download.

> buy new songs for few bucks,

are they getting it for free. I don't believe that they are stealing.

> listen them and post them.

yeah, they don't listen to new music. They are missing a lot. But it is their choice. They are at
least having the best of old world that was also great.

> They prefer to make efforts and take pain to find rare old songs and post them.

And then no one refers to those song except two dozen rmimers, +UVR's 24 non-rmimers :)

> They don't get lethargic and take short cut for merely increasing
> the number.

"Merely". All the time guys are ferring to hamraaj guide just because it has more details. All those
background details are to be converted to lyrics and to be posted in ISB, with you, without you or
in spite of you.

> If you really wish to show that you have the correct
> spirit and you are not lethargic then please (also) post missing
> songs from 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s etc.

Why are you defining my agenda? I have already selected my agenda and am working on it. 1000 songs
addition to ISB by 31/03/03.

AND YOU AND OTHER RMIMERS WILL BE IN FOR A PLEASANT SURPRISE WHEN I POST THOSE LYRICS BECAUSE IT
WILL CONTAIN 1930-'70 SONGS ALSO. I am no way against old music. Nani, Prathviraj and others who are
providing old lyrics are doing a great job. It is your squint eyesight that made you conclude that I
will ignore old music. No Sir, I will happily work on those also. When I was growing up, ARR was not
there. I still love my mother's sweet humming of "mohabbat aisi dha.Dakan hai".

What are you doing?
Do you know that the following Nagin (hemant Kumar) songs are missing from isb:

- mera badli mein chhup gaya chaand re
- oonchee oonchee duniya ki deeware saiya tod ke
- sun rasia, kahe ko jalaye jiya aaja
- teri yaad mein jal kar dekh liya
- yaad rakhna pyaar ki nishani gori yaad rakhna

Do you know that the following Anarkali (C Ramchandra) song is missing from ISB:
- o aasmaan wale, shiqwa hai zindagi ka

(Or they are not properly categorised in film/stitle.)

These were not 2003 songs by ARR. The cassette is available at every store. I am sure every RMIMER
is already having these two cassettes. Why not write and post it. So much for your great work. There
are great fans of hemant kumar and of CR, but the fact remains that the best releases of these two
(and many more) are not in ISB). I could have very well said that shame of such fans, but I don't
think so. I believe that they are not aware which songs are missing. Now they know, they will post.

People are not aware of the content of ISB/ITRANS because its stone-age history and philosophy that
has become its biggest handicap now. Modifications done by me will help in making a perfect
scientific database of isb, then everyone can find out which 30,40,50,60,70 songs are missing and
post them.

Why did you believe that my modifications will not be applicable to 30-60. And you keep on blowing
trumpet of your searchers, archivers, posters. Open your eyes to the reality. Come out of the
MATRIX.

I have all these lyrics and I will post them. And more like them. But I wish to make it a team work.
If anyone posts it soon, it will a great contribution. If nobody does, I will.

> in the same proportion, they
> are more required, songs from 90s and 2000 onwards are easily available
> on stores (even on internet),

After reading my previous paragraph, you would wish that you had not written the above.

> in fact it is sometime difficult
> "not to listen to them". (I don't mean I don't enjoy new songs and
> they should not be posted for ISB) but you should remember that it's
> more that you are being lethargic by not taking pain for increasing the
> number of song on ISB,

I could not understand the above.

> it is fine if you like these songs and post them
> but if you are doing this just to increase the number you are taking
> a short cut, this is not what people do here.
>
> devendra

I have analysed 3250 songs of isb and I have fare idea what people have been doing.

But thanks for restoring my faith in people.
---------------------

For GOD's sake, make a FAQ on what various people are doing in isb/itrans and post it for everyone
to know. Providence will be thankful to you, so will be coming generations.

Regards.
-Rawat

Ket...@att.net

Dec 6, 2002, 1:13:25 PM12/6/02
In article <4b076aa6.02120...@posting.google.com>, dev...@yahoo.com
says...

>They prefer to make efforts and take pain to find rare old songs and post them.
>They don't get lethargic and take short cut for merely increasing
>the number. If you really wish to show that you have the correct
>spirit and you are not lethargic then please (also) post missing
>songs from 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s etc. in the same proportion, they
>are more required, songs from 90s and 2000 onwards are easily available

Tell me--what is the benefit of posting the lyrics of songs that are rarely
available, over ones that are easily available? Time and again, lyrics are
posted by XYZ, ABC of rare songs that s/he has obtained from some collector.
What use are those lyrics to anyone, if the song is available only with that one
RMIMer for listening? To me those posters are more guilty of filling the ISB
than Rawat is. Rawat is being an ass, but you are thumping your chest for the
wrong reasons if you think posting the lyrics of not-readily-available-songs, is
something great. If you must post lyrics of rare songs, we do have RMIM meet
tapes which could be transcribed.

Ketan

>devendra

Ket...@att.net

Dec 6, 2002, 1:34:02 PM12/6/02
In article <3DF01E0B...@HCLInfinet.com>, vsr...@HCLInfinet.com says...

>HOW TO COMPILE USING "ITRANS"? Is there any software available for that? url?
>>How to do it and why
>to do it?

>I don't believe that you or Devendra are lying. I guess it is more of lethargy

>>or procrastination.
>You have mastered in doing things using old ways, you don't want to re-learn.

Rawat, I have seen you asking the question in CAPS above time and again to which
you have received an answer. Before you accuse others of not wanting to re-learn
should you not LEARN?

>The searchamovie website lists about 7000 movies till 1998 or whenever the >site
>was last updated. add 500 more for rest of years. assume 5 songs on >average per
>movie. 7500 movies * 5 songs = 37500 song.

>And people are happy with 3250 songs compiled in 10 years. They are patting
>>each other's back, congratulating themselves. We have to add all of them to
>>isb. It may take generations but we have to start now.

You are being an idiot. 3250 songs in 10 years is almost a song a day. That is a
good score, when you consider that people have to listen to the song, write down
the lyrics, ITRANS them and post them. The ISB is a labour of love for many.
There are people who have jobs, families, & lives to lead. I don't think you get
to dictate at what pace others should work. You however are free to do so at
whatever pace suits you. I am sure no one is going to complain if you
transcribe--correctly--all the 37500-3250 = 34250 songs remaining. Just make
sure to zip them and email them to Vijay.

Ketan

Ket...@att.net

Dec 6, 2002, 1:45:19 PM12/6/02
In article <3DF0E3AF...@HCLInfinet.com>, vsr...@HCLInfinet.com says...

>I was expecting your outburst. My prediction about your psychological profile
>>is correct.

>For one, you could have sent it by direct mail as per nettiquete, but you >liked
>to make it a show in
>front of all audiences. My right to defend myself holds.

Correction Rawat. It was YOU who first broke nettiquette by calling Devendra and
others "lethargic" on RMIM. YOU could have done your name-calling via email, but
you did not. They have every right to respond to you on RMIM. Stop crying
"Mommy" now.

<Rest deleted>

Ketan

Surjit Singh

Dec 6, 2002, 2:17:43 PM12/6/02

Ket...@att.net wrote:

And, please make sure that his mail box has enough free space, by asking
him first!

--
Surjit Singh, a diehard movie fan(atic), period.
http://hindi-movies-songs.com/index.html

Neha Desai

Dec 6, 2002, 4:25:41 PM12/6/02
You asked someone to find out a single mistake in
the last 10 songs you posted...

Here are a couple:

vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:

> Gift from pakistan.

huh?

> terii uu.Nchii shaan hai maulaa
> merii arajii maan le maulaa

arazii

> tuune qhud hii to kahaa hai

khud

--
Neha

Surjit Singh

Dec 6, 2002, 7:25:31 PM12/6/02

vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:

> Devendra Sharma wrote:

> What are you doing?
> Do you know that the following Nagin (hemant Kumar) songs are missing from isb:
>
> - mera badli mein chhup gaya chaand re
> - oonchee oonchee duniya ki deeware saiya tod ke
> - sun rasia, kahe ko jalaye jiya aaja
> - teri yaad mein jal kar dekh liya
> - yaad rakhna pyaar ki nishani gori yaad rakhna

Yes, but the remaining 7 are there. Thanks, giitayana.

> Do you know that the following Anarkali (C Ramchandra) song is missing from ISB:
> - o aasmaan wale, shiqwa hai zindagi ka

Yes, but 9 songs are there. Thanks, giitaayana.

> (Or they are not properly categorised in film/stitle.)
>

> Regards.
> -Rawat

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 6, 2002, 10:36:07 PM12/6/02
Neha Desai wrote:

> You asked someone to find out a single mistake in
> the last 10 songs you posted...
>
> Here are a couple:
>
> vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:
> >
> > Gift from pakistan.
>
> huh?
>
> > terii uu.Nchii shaan hai maulaa
> > merii arajii maan le maulaa
>
> arazii

Knowing urdu or not knowing is not iTrans problem.

> > tuune qhud hii to kahaa hai
>
> khud

No way madam. The translator I am using says to follow iTrans 5.3 and is correctly interpreting it.
In fact I am using qha everywhere for arbitrary Ka.

you got 0/2.

nice attempt.

Regards.
-Rawat

Surjit Singh

Dec 6, 2002, 11:11:09 PM12/6/02

vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:

> Neha Desai wrote:
>
>>You asked someone to find out a single mistake in
>>the last 10 songs you posted...
>>
>>Here are a couple:
>>
>>vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:
>>
>>>Gift from pakistan.
>>>
>>huh?
>>

>>>terii uu.Nchii shaan hai maulaa
>>>merii arajii maan le maulaa
>>>
>>arazii
>>

> Knowing urdu or not knowing is not iTrans problem.

Yes, but it is a good idea to know urdu for transcribing hindi! songs.

>>>tuune qhud hii to kahaa hai
>>>
>>khud
>>

> No way madam. The translator I am using says to follow iTrans 5.3 and is correctly interpreting it.
> In fact I am using qha everywhere for arbitrary Ka.

You just found a bug in Itranslator! In ITRANS qh comes out as half k
with a dot underneath and a h, which is ugly. Neha is right.

Two choices: Use Itranslator but stick to strict ITRANS. Or, install
ITRANS on your computer and use that off-line, instead. Knowing your
work style, working conditions and habits and anticipating your
response, I would say, go for the first choice.

BTW, I use Itranslator all the time, but with caution.

> you got 0/2.
>
> nice attempt.
>
> Regards.
> -Rawat

UVR

Dec 6, 2002, 11:59:40 PM12/6/02
Surjit Singh wrote:

>>> khud
>>
>> No way madam. The translator I am using says to follow iTrans 5.3 and
>> is correctly interpreting it.
>> In fact I am using qha everywhere for arbitrary Ka.
>
> You just found a bug in Itranslator! In ITRANS qh comes out as half k
> with a dot underneath and a h, which is ugly. Neha is right.

But technically she isn't, is she ;) And "qh", as ugly as it
may seem, is not an indispensable ligature. BTW, Rawat isn't
the first one to "find" this bug either.

See my last post in the "raste raste" thread for two examples
of words where "qh" must be used.

> Two choices: Use Itranslator but stick to strict ITRANS. Or, install
> ITRANS on your computer and use that off-line, instead. Knowing your
> work style, working conditions and habits and anticipating your
> response, I would say, go for the first choice.

-UVR.

Devendra Sharma

Dec 7, 2002, 6:35:18 AM12/7/02
Ket...@att.net wrote in message news:<asqpc...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> In article <4b076aa6.02120...@posting.google.com>,
>
> Tell me--what is the benefit of posting the lyrics of songs that are rarely
> available, over ones that are easily available? Time and again, lyrics are
> posted by XYZ, ABC of rare songs that s/he has obtained from some collector.
> What use are those lyrics to anyone, if the song is available only with that
> one
> RMIMer for listening? To me those posters are more guilty of filling the ISB
> than Rawat is. Rawat is being an ass, but you are thumping your chest for the
> wrong reasons if you think posting the lyrics of not-readily-available-songs, > is
> something great. If you must post lyrics of rare songs, we do have RMIM meet
> tapes which could be transcribed.
>

> Ketan

Nice to know your views, but I generally refer to ISB or come to RMIM
because I find the lyrics of songs that I found nowhere else.
Posting a lyrics for non-readily-available-song is great just because
you are making them available, it's wrong to think nobody needs those
songs. I know many people who needed these songs and I was happy to tell
so many of them that there is something like ISB existing on net where
they can find all those things they were looking for long time.
I have seen many elders who remember the whole tunes but dont know the
correct wordings, sometime words also help you in recalling the correct
tune, so it is not that lyrics are useful only if you have access to the
song, sometime they also help you in recalling the correct tune.
We cant say Mr.Hamraz did a useless job since one anyway can not
watch-all-the-movies/listen-to-all-the-songs that he listed in his
book, he made very useful informations available at one place which
is great in itself.
regards

devendra

Devendra Sharma

Dec 7, 2002, 9:37:04 AM12/7/02
vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote in message news:<3DF0E3AF...@HCLInfinet.com>...

> I was expecting your outburst. My prediction about your psychological
> profile is correct.

You have wrong habit of only predicting and not learning.

you said on 2002-12-06 09:52:11 PST

> You might be using developed packages which you had perfected.
> I myself don't know Tex, c, perl to any expert level. Again,
> your conclusion that I am a software expert is totally wrong,
> but I take it as a complement.

then

you said on 2002-12-05 06:23:28 PST

> But if it is required, any open code will be updated by me,
> and it is the responsibility of owners of the closed code to
> update it.

and the ITRANS page http://www.aczone.com/itrans
which you were advised to look at
at least 10 times by me and UVR says:

Download ITRANS 5.3 from here.

Warning: Do not download without reading this: Installing ITRANS and
configuring all tools required to make it work is a non-trivial task,
and unless you already have installed packages such as TeX, dvips,
GhostScript on Windows or Unix platforms and configured them correctly,
it will not be worth your while to attempt an ITRANS installation.

It is much easier to use the Online ITRANS interactive tool, or the
ITRANS-Email server, these tools are described elsewhere on this page
and can be used from most web browsers or email programs. End of Warning

despite my lethargy I have it installed on my comps and corrected
it many times for my own purposes. It is superset of the kind of
softwares you are using.

you said on 2002-12-06 09:52:11 PST

> not foolish, but outdated certainly. Nobody mentions what is the proper
> procedure to get a modification incorporated in itrans. Nobody is telling
> (or knows) when was the last change incorporated in itrans. Everybody is
> sticking to the version just because they have used it for
> years.

and the ITRANS page http://www.aczone.com/itrans
which you were advised to look at
at least 10 times by me and UVR says:

TRANS 5.3 New Features (released July 2001)

The only addition to this release is the support for
Unicode UTF-8 output. Unicode output is supported for Oriya and
Malyalam also, in addition to all the scripts supported for the TeX
interface. Scripts supported for Unicode: Bengali, Devanagari
(Hindi/Marathi/Sanskrit), Gurmukhi (Punjabi), Oriya, Malayalam,
Romanized Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu.

ITRANS package itself does not include any Unicode fonts,
so this feature is useful only on systems that have a Unicode
font for Indian Languages.

Version 5.3 also includes pre-built binaries for installation
on i386 Linux systems or Windows systems.

ITRANS 5.2 New Features (released Feb 2000)

ITRANS 5.2 is completely compatible with the older ITRANS 5.1 or
4.04 release, so any documents encoded in ITRANS 5.1 or 4.04 will
work correctly with ITRANS 5.2.

ITRANS 5.2 was released Sep 1998, and ITRANS 5.22 in Feb 2000.

Here's a list of major new features added to ITRANS 5.2
(for a complete list, look at the CHANGES file present in the
ITRANS archive).

New fonts added.
Bwti, a Bengali font, and Pun, a Gurmukhi font for Punjabi,
added to ITRANS.

Input encoding extended with new codes.
ITRANS 5.1 is fully compatibile with ITRANS 4.04 encoding.
A few new codes are now also accepted: Added additional ITRANS codes:
RRi == R^i RRI == R^I
LLi == L^i LLI == L^I
' == .a (only when #usecsx is in effect)
For bengali:
Added "Y" (yya in the IFM file), and changed: f --> Y
Added "J" (jadot in the IFM file), now y, z == J.

Jump to the Transliteration Map for a complete listing
of the ITRANS encoding.

#include= command searches for files in more directories.
#include=<filename> added as a new ITRANS command, this
command will behave as if the given file name was copied
in at that point. Can appear anywhere in the document,
and can have nested #include commands (to some maximum).
This command now searches for <filename> in all directories
defined in the environment variable ITRANSPATH.

#endfont= command added.
Added #endfont=<string> and extended #<langfont>, mainly for ease
of use with direct HTML output mode of ITRANS. Usage:
#endfont=</FONT> % this is a global command, for all languages
#hindifont=<FONT FACE="Xdvng"> % this is language specific
now, every #hindi will then print <FONT FACE="Xdvng"> & any
#end<lang> will print </FONT>

I have cut and pasted the parts of ITRANS homepage since you
would never try to read it carefully even after being advised
many times by me and others.
I have limited time and would like
this to be my last post on this issue.

devendra

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 7, 2002, 9:17:19 AM12/7/02

btw, I forgot to thank you for corrections.

I had been pronouncing both of them wrongly all my life. A
big, sincere "Thank you" for giving the correct version.

Regards.
-Rawat

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 7, 2002, 9:34:44 AM12/7/02

Ketan ji,

on this point, I would like to support Devendra, nani and
other posters of old songs.

Irrespective of whether some one needs them or not, it is a
great archiving work they are doing. At least in ISB, the
lyrics got saved till eternity.

These will always carry historical significance for the
develeopment of hfm.

It is just like people working to locate old statues, old
painting, old literature, old civilisations, ...

Information should be made available.

People are fed up with my suggestions, but I wish to suggest
that the posters of these old songs should put efforts to
spread as many copies of such songs as possible so that the
song does not get lost like so many old movies and songs
have been lost.

Regards.
-Rawat

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 7, 2002, 9:37:45 AM12/7/02
Surjit Singh wrote:

> Yes, but it is a good idea to know urdu for transcribing hindi! songs.

Your point is correct and I am continuously working on that.

However you might appreciate that it is not possible to know
everything in every language, especially because there are
several people like me who keep on pronouncing them wrongly.

For that matter, I don't know much of Punjabi, Gujarati, yet
I need to transliterate lyrics of songs of these languages
as more and more hfm are using regional language cliches.
And these are becoming more and more complex, like punjabi
in "takshak's Dholanaa" or in "kaante" song. I just write
down what it sounds like to my ageing ears.

That is why these are posted to rmim for corrections by the
members who are more conversant with the languages.

> You just found a bug in Itranslator! In ITRANS qh comes out as half k
> with a dot underneath and a h, which is ugly. Neha is right.

In that case, that is a bug in ITRANS.

the way k is ka (without nukta), and kh is kha (without
nukta), when q is ka (with nukta), qh should be kha (with
nukta).

I hope they will correct it. And that will remove K for kha
(with nukta), that is the biggest confusion every newcomer
faces.

> Two choices: Use Itranslator but stick to strict ITRANS. Or, install
> ITRANS on your computer and use that off-line, instead. Knowing your
> work style, working conditions and habits and anticipating your
> response, I would say, go for the first choice.

:)
I will surprise you by saying that following suggestions of
UVR and Devendra "don-t-ask-me" sharma ji, I have decided to
download itrans and install it. Currently I am busy for a
few days.

BTW I have yet to check the jaduu package that I had
downloaded yesterday. If anybody has used it, please do post
a "caution" list of the errors of that package.

> BTW, I use Itranslator all the time, but with caution.

Of course.
Once I got itranslator99, I thought that it can be used
religiously. but I learned otherwise.

There is also mistake as came out in my discussion with UVR.

1. It misrepresents half r as in kharch, dard
it will do that correctly, if these are made kharcha, darda

2. it does not recognise consecutive double aa.
hu_aa is interpreted as hu_a. one needs to write hu_A.

UVR has agreed to write to omkarananda programmers so that
they can incorporate the corrections. That is the way things
will improve.

Regards.
-Regards.

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 7, 2002, 10:36:20 AM12/7/02
Devendra Sharma wrote:

Thanks for the mail which was very helpful.

> I have limited time and would like this to be my last post on this issue.

I guess not. :)

would you like to share with me what exactly you do to isb
to create ps files. What are these for?

Regards.
-Rawat

Ket...@att.net

Dec 8, 2002, 2:32:31 AM12/8/02
In article <4b076aa6.0212...@posting.google.com>, dev...@yahoo.com
says...

>Posting a lyrics for non-readily-available-song is great just because
>you are making them available, it's wrong to think nobody needs those
>songs. I know many people who needed these songs and I was happy to tell
>so many of them that there is something like ISB existing on net where
>they can find all those things they were looking for long time.

I think you are confusing "needing songs" with "needing lyrics". Unless you like
reading lyrics for just the poetic content, how on earth are those words of any
use if you have not heard the tune of the song even once?

>We cant say Mr.Hamraz did a useless job since one anyway can not
>watch-all-the-movies/listen-to-all-the-songs that he listed in his
>book, he made very useful informations available at one place which
>is great in itself.

Ahhh...but Mr. Hamraaz was not releasing info one song/movie at a time. He
waited till all his info was put together before releasing any of it. If Mr.
Hamraaz was the only person who had songs by composer Lachhiram and released
info only about them, and you only had CR songs in your possession, you would be
questioning his efforts too.

Mind you, I am not in any way trying to belittle the efforts of those who supply
the lyrics of the rarest of songs. Infact I hope they continue with what they
are doing, since their posts will jog the memory of 'buzurgs' and bring forth
anecdotes that might otherwise be lost forever. However I find it amusing that
simply because Rawat posts lyrics of post-1990 songs, his efforts are belittled
and scorned. Without his even knowing it, Rawat might actually be doing a good
bit of marketing for RMIM and the ISB. People who need lyrics of the latest
songs will now stumble across them in the ISB or on RMIM, and this in turn might
encourage them to step forward and contribute even more lyrics or anecdotes.

Ketan

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 8, 2002, 10:17:35 AM12/8/02
Ket...@att.net wrote:

> However I find it amusing that simply because Rawat posts lyrics of post-1990 songs, his efforts are belittled and scorned. Without his even knowing it, Rawat might actually be doing a good bit of marketing for RMIM and the ISB. People who need lyrics of the latest
> songs will now stumble across them in the ISB or on RMIM, and this in turn might encourage them to step forward and contribute even more lyrics or anecdotes.

Thanks a million, Ketan! for writing it so clearly.

I promise that the above is my only intention, and I will
not allow any other emotion of mine to interfere in the
above.

I guess that misunderstanding had creeped in that I was
considered against old songs. I have clarified that it is
not the case. In my 1000 lyrics, there might be 200+ from
45-60 duration. I am sure that pleases all, and rightly so.

So help me God.

Regards.
-Rawat

UVR

Dec 8, 2002, 11:41:25 AM12/8/02
Quoth Ket...@att.net:

> However I find it amusing that
> simply because Rawat posts lyrics of post-1990 songs, his efforts are belittled
> and scorned.

Not everyone is doing this. Some of us are merely trying
to advise him against unilaterally introducing "changes"
that break "preset notions" written into the ITRANS 5.30
spec.

-UVR.

Surjit Singh

Dec 8, 2002, 2:39:28 PM12/8/02

UVR wrote:

I, in fact, welcome his efforts. Because, it may lead to a full-fledged
Hindi Film Lyrics Kosh on the lines of HFGK. That's why I suggested
splitting the ISB into volumes year-wise.

My only worry is that the rapidity and the evident thoughtlessness and
the accompanying carelessness with which he is dumping the lyrics does
not bode well for their inclusion into the standard ISB.

May be the ISB will split (a sign of welcome growth) and we will have a
rawat version full of rawatisms (and people who want to ignore that can
do so happily and others who like such stuff can use it even more
happily.)

> -UVR.

vsr...@hclinfinet.com

Dec 8, 2002, 11:02:30 PM12/8/02
Surjit Singh wrote:

> My only worry is that the rapidity and the evident thoughtlessness and the accompanying carelessness with which he is dumping the lyrics does not bode well for their inclusion into the standard ISB.

carelessness: I wish to see the RMIMer(s) who first became
PhD in itrans and then posted their first transliterations.
There are errors in first few posts of everybody till he
learns to use it perfectly in first efort.

Similarly my first few (oops, these were 22) lyrics which
were not passed through a checker, thus had a lot of errors.

In last one, I had posted some more (about 10) lyrics which
had been baptised by a checker and had no error except
language and hearing defects.

I don't know how many you checked, but probably you are one
of those species who just criticise and don't extend a
helping hand. Several are helping.

Rapidity: I had been preparing lyrics with some help around.
I posted these to make everyone realise that I am indeed
working on that and not just talking. I already have about
80 new lyrics ready but you would notice that I have not
posted all of them to the ng. Nor I will. I will just post a
list of lyrics mukha.Daa and whoever is willing to read
them/ correct them is welcome to ask me to send a zip of
them.

Thoughtlessness: The term is used when a person is not able
to understand the thought of other person. I have elaborated
on the "thoughts" a lot of times. Several members have
understood. I hope you too, some day.

You don't like a song, that does not mean that no one will
ever like or need that. Recently there was a query about
songs to dance on newyear 2003. probably Hema gave a list,
and I had posted some of the lyrics from that. When I am
answering a query and some member got helped, what is your
grudge.

> May be the ISB will split (a sign of welcome growth) and we will have a rawat version full of rawatisms (and people who want to ignore that can do so happily and others who like such stuff can use it even more happily.)

Choice is definitely of the clout holders and opinin makers/
destroyers like you.

If the above is implemented you will have to redefine the
scope of rmim/isb/itrans.

But don't shoot too quickly. Maybe, once you see the full
list of lyrics, you might have to eat your words. There will
be several Gulzar, Javed Akhtar, other new and old
masterpieces in it, that you might humm for years.

It is some indication of people's willing to undermine my
lyrics that the samvedna peom of Atal Bihari Vajpayi also
did not evoke a single response. How was that below
standard? Learn your lesson. Putting a filter on my id and
Geetanjali is causing you to miss some gems, though I still
feel that your definition of a gem is your very personal
one.

Regards.
-Rawat

Surjit Singh

Dec 9, 2002, 2:03:27 AM12/9/02

vsr...@HCLInfinet.com wrote:

> Surjit Singh wrote:
>
>>My only worry is that the rapidity and the evident thoughtlessness and the accompanying carelessness with which he is dumping the lyrics does not bode well for their inclusion into the standard ISB.

<DELETED>

> Choice is definitely of the clout holders and opinin makers/
> destroyers like you.

Wow, rawat, triple wow! I am a clout holder, opinin(sic) maker and
destroyer all in one? That's trumurti.

Actually, I feel that I am a naqqaaraKaane me.n tuutii kii avaaz! Nobody
even reads my posts or replies to my posts. The biggest response (less
than 50) was for a post in which I meekly suggested that new posters do
their homework!

> If the above is implemented you will have to redefine the
> scope of rmim/isb/itrans.
>
> But don't shoot too quickly. Maybe, once you see the full
> list of lyrics, you might have to eat your words. There will
> be several Gulzar, Javed Akhtar, other new and old
> masterpieces in it, that you might humm for years.
>
> It is some indication of people's willing to undermine my
> lyrics that the samvedna peom of Atal Bihari Vajpayi also
> did not evoke a single response. How was that below
> standard? Learn your lesson. Putting a filter on my id and
> Geetanjali is causing you to miss some gems, though I still
> feel that your definition of a gem is your very personal
> one.
>
> Regards.
> -Rawat

Surajit A. Bose

Dec 9, 2002, 2:17:21 AM12/9/02
In article <3DF415D6...@HCLInfinet.com>, vsr...@HCLInfinet.com
wrote:

> carelessness: I wish to see the RMIMer(s) who first became
> PhD in itrans and then posted their first transliterations.
> There are errors in first few posts of everybody till he
> learns to use it perfectly in first efort.

The carelessness Dr Singh talks about isn't restricted to
iTransliteration, as you choose to believe. It's general carelessness
about the integrity of the lyrics. Of all the songs you've posted
recently, there's only *one* song I know reasonably well: "kaahe chhe.D
chhe.D mohe". In that song, in addition to the iTrans errors, you had
words simply wrong ("vaare vaare" or something instead of
"ghungharaare"); worse, you had left out lines (the chorus's vocalizing
of tabla syllables).

If in a random check of one sample song, I can find lines just left out,
without explanation or warning, from a readily available song; if I can
decipher words that are given simply wrong; then why shouldn't I
believe that the rest of your work isn't equally error-prone? Why
shouldn't I agree with Dr Singh that your work is careless?

-s

Devendra Sharma

Dec 9, 2002, 4:53:39 AM12/9/02
Ket...@att.net wrote in message news:<asusi...@drn.newsguy.com>...

> I think you are confusing "needing songs" with "needing lyrics".
> Unless you like reading lyrics for just the poetic content, how on earth
> are those words of any use if you have not heard the tune of the song
> even once?

Perhaps you are correct within your own scope, but if
you enlarge it a little then you can include those old
people who were around when these films were just released.
They did not have records since these were luxory items,
but they mugged up the songs by repeatedly watching the movies,
exactly what some young people do these days with ARR's and
other new songs. (one of my uncles watched a movie over 10 times
to hear just one song! since he did not have a radio either to
listen to the song where it would come by chance). In the
process of bringing up their childeren some of these old people
have forgot the lyrics but can still humm the whole tunes, the
songs are also lost and are available with only few collectors,
by dicussing and posting these songs we are giving these songs
a new life. Also since people would now know through the
references in ISB and RMIM that song is available with whome
some die-hard fan of the song has the address of the collector
available in the ISB and can contact the person if he likes.

> Ahhh...but Mr. Hamraaz was not releasing info one song/movie at a time. He
> waited till all his info was put together before releasing any of it. If Mr.
> Hamraaz was the only person who had songs by composer Lachhiram and released
> info only about them, and you only had CR songs in your possession,
> you would be questioning his efforts too.

I dont understand your point now, aren't we also preparing an
archive (ISB) alongwith reading the songs on RMIM? in my view this
is just the process that Hamraz did single handedly, since we do
it collectively we require the songs to be posted on RMIM so that
the person who is collecting the songs can include them in his
book (ISB in this case), and it is formally released time to time
when good number of songs are compiled.

> Mind you, I am not in any way trying to belittle the efforts of those
> who supply the lyrics of the rarest of songs. Infact I hope they
> continue with what they are doing, since their posts will jog the
> memory of 'buzurgs' and bring forth anecdotes that might otherwise be
> lost forever. However I find it amusing that simply because Rawat
> posts lyrics of post-1990 songs, his efforts are belittled
> and scorned. Without his even knowing it, Rawat might actually be
> doing a good bit of marketing for RMIM and the ISB. People who need
> lyrics of the latest songs will now stumble across them in the ISB or
> on RMIM, and this in turn might encourage them to step forward and
> contribute even more lyrics or anecdotes.

I never discouraged rawat for posting new songs on RMIM,
I welcomed his efforts it in last lines of my post.
I welcomed it not for the reasons that you described (marketing etc)
but thinking that may be Rawat himself would require these songs
some 40-50 years down the line and then he would be able to read
them from the ISB, they would be available only here.
I am sure people would love to to sing "Lift-kara-de" 40 years
from now but they would be able to do it only if they have
lyrics with them since records will be available only with a
few collectors.
regards

devendra