I wonder when this was written?

Sistah JanB

Mar 31, 2004, 7:57:13 AM3/31/04
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/edmonds/music/alt-music.html

"alt.music.monkees (Hey, hey, they were the Monkees)
"The Friendliest Place in Cyberspace!"[tm], this group has been officially
declared a "flame-free zone". It is dedicated to the discussion of The
Monkees (Mike Nesmith, Peter Tork, Micky Dolenz, and Davy Jones) and their
fans. Discussion encompasses the past (TV, albums, concert performances,
movie), the present (solo projects, personal appearances, reissues), and the
future (???) of The Monkees, as well as fan experiences, debates over
lyrics, the meaning of "Head", and other related topics."

JanB

--
Paula Wade, 26 years old, and her three year old son Brandon have been
missing from their Valdosta, Georgia home since October 13th, 2002. Their

EJ

Apr 1, 2004, 1:44:16 AM4/1/04
In article <106lg1d...@corp.supernews.com>, janb01_1999
@NOSPAMyahoo.com says...

> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/edmonds/music/alt-music.html
>
> "alt.music.monkees (Hey, hey, they were the Monkees)
> "The Friendliest Place in Cyberspace!"[tm], this group has been officially
> declared a "flame-free zone". It is dedicated to the discussion of The
> Monkees (Mike Nesmith, Peter Tork, Micky Dolenz, and Davy Jones) and their
> fans. Discussion encompasses the past (TV, albums, concert performances,
> movie), the present (solo projects, personal appearances, reissues), and the
> future (???) of The Monkees, as well as fan experiences, debates over
> lyrics, the meaning of "Head", and other related topics."
>

> JanB

That was the original "statement if purpose" for his place. It was
founded as a place for friendly discussion of all things Monkee and,
frequently simply all things friendly. Flames were not allowed, and
rarely occurred. Newbies took "The Quiz" and were given a formal welcome
to the group. Those were the days when we could have a "Davy's ego is so
big that...." contest and have it remain fun and friendly; when we could
discuss what we thought the "backstory" for a song lyric might be(I
remember a particularly good one concerning "Speng My Life With You"),
when we could have a lengthy and serious discussion of the various
themes, literary allusions, and metaphors in HEAD and have people
actually know what those things were...and keep the discussion on a
level far above the personal.

All those things were once part of this place...as well as friendship
and sharing and good and bad times. THis really was the friendlest place
in cyberspace. And I have the t-shirt to prove it :)

EJ
(strolling dowm memory lane)

Sistah JanB

Apr 1, 2004, 6:19:13 AM4/1/04

"EJ" <Ev...@aol.com> wrote in message

> That was the original "statement if purpose" for his place. It was
> founded as a place for friendly discussion of all things Monkee and,
> frequently simply all things friendly. Flames were not allowed, and
> rarely occurred. Newbies took "The Quiz" and were given a formal welcome
> to the group. Those were the days when we could have a "Davy's ego is so
> big that...." contest and have it remain fun and friendly; when we could
> discuss what we thought the "backstory" for a song lyric might be(I
> remember a particularly good one concerning "Speng My Life With You"),
> when we could have a lengthy and serious discussion of the various
> themes, literary allusions, and metaphors in HEAD and have people
> actually know what those things were...and keep the discussion on a
> level far above the personal.
>
> All those things were once part of this place...as well as friendship
> and sharing and good and bad times. THis really was the friendlest place
> in cyberspace. And I have the t-shirt to prove it :)
>
> EJ
> (strolling dowm memory lane)

"The Quiz"??? I probably wouldn't have passed...LOL

JanB

Derialdude

Apr 1, 2004, 7:29:08 AM4/1/04

:::snif, sniff---- playing violin again:::