[Spoilers] DinoThunder Toy Line Updates - New figures, new names!

ShadowForce

Dec 26, 2003, 10:17:37 PM12/26/03

(My apologies if this has been posted already.)

I know that Bandai.com had an updated PRDT toy page, with pictures of the
entire first-wave line of figures, including Abaranger's AbareMax. I was in
Wal-Mart earlier this evening, and in a place separate from the other
DinoThunder figures (somewhere with the overstock of toys in the front of
the store) were a couple pegs of figures, including an armored Red one. I
looked at the box, figuring it'd say "Red Talking Thunder Power Ranger" on
it. To my surprise, it was "AbareMax," but with a New Zealand-ized name...

*Triassic (Talking Thunder) Power Ranger*

(On a side note, when I got into line and it was scanned, it popped up '6th
Ranger'.) Along with this was the White Triptoid figure, which is a
palette-swap of the 'regular' Triptoid figure - white with pink and blue on
its chest, and the tips of its feet were pink in color.

On an item-number aspect, to please GrnRngr...

Assortment #10700 continued...
- Triassic Talking Thunder Power Ranger - #10706
- White Triptoid - #10708
- Zeltrax (the black henchmutant with the giant axe) - #10709 (It has to be,
since the White Triptoid is 10708.)

Also, Triassic Ranger comes with the fabled boot components to complete the
Phantom Ranger figure! Supposedly, they attach to the shield-weapon thing to
act as additional blades, but I haven't opened mine yet to see. (The
weapons, to note, are all red in color, but Phantom Ranger's boots are
white, just like the pictures would have you believe.)

That's the big update for now. Later!

-- ShadowForce

ShyRanger

Dec 27, 2003, 3:46:08 AM12/27/03
"ShadowForce" <luna...@lostgalaxy.freeservers.com> wrote in message

> (On a side note, when I got into line and it was scanned, it popped up
'6th
> Ranger'.) Along with this was the White Triptoid figure, which is a
> palette-swap of the 'regular' Triptoid figure - white with pink and blue
on
> its chest, and the tips of its feet were pink in color.

Having two footsoldiers should be fun. I wonder if both will be used often
or just black...
.

> - Zeltrax (the black henchmutant with the giant axe) - #10709 (It has to
be,
> since the White Triptoid is 10708.)

Anyone else think "Zeltrax" sounds like some giant hot wheels playset? :P

Hopefully this henchmutant will get along better with the head villain than
Zurgane did with Lothor (Guessing the villain in ABCFam's first look will
be the bad honcho)...

> That's the big update for now. Later!

Thanks for the scoop, SF!

--
-=-| ShyRanger |-=-
_______________________________

ShinAkuma

Dec 27, 2003, 7:17:47 AM12/27/03
"ShyRanger" <aaronl...@comcast.net> wrote in a message:

> Having two footsoldiers should be fun. I wonder if
> both will be used often or just black...

From what i've seen of Abaranger, both were pretty common, not to mention
really freaking bizzare (expecially if you watch the ending).

> - Zeltrax (the black henchmutant with the giant axe) - #10709 (It has to
be, since the White Triptoid is 10708.)

> Anyone else think "Zeltrax" sounds like some giant hot wheels playset? :P

Actually, it reminds me more of that heartburn medication, Zantax, or
however you spell it.

> Hopefully this henchmutant will get along better with the head villain
than
> Zurgane did with Lothor (Guessing the villain in ABCFam's first look will
be the bad honcho)...

Well, i'm pretty sure you speak of Gairudon, and i'll let you in on a little
secret...

He doesn't exactly last that long in Abaranger, i.e. killed in the second
episode for his failures. Someone else used the costume later on though. Of
course, two different people has never been changed Americanization
before...

I'm glad to know these are out though. I'll have to hunt down the cases at
work and pilfer the ones i want before anyone else can :D

John Green

Dec 27, 2003, 3:01:04 PM12/27/03

>(On a side note, when I got into line and it was scanned, it popped up '6th
>Ranger'.) Along with this was the White Triptoid figure, which is a
>palette-swap of the 'regular' Triptoid figure - white with pink and blue on
>its chest, and the tips of its feet were pink in color.
>
>On an item-number aspect, to please GrnRngr...
>
>Assortment #10700 continued...
>- Triassic Talking Thunder Power Ranger - #10706
>- White Triptoid - #10708
>- Zeltrax (the black henchmutant with the giant axe) - #10709 (It has to be,
>since the White Triptoid is 10708.)

Sweet. Must have more baddies!!!!!

Thanks for the numbers, Shadow.