Want to scan data matrix barcode for iPhone

Inder

Feb 27, 2012, 2:19:19 AM2/27/12
to zxing
Hi,

I want to scan data matrix barcode for iPhone. Is it possible with
ZXing? If yes where I can find code/library which I can integrate with
code and develop and app.

Thanks in advance to all.

-Inder

Steven Parkes

Feb 28, 2012, 11:24:42 AM2/28/12
to Inder, zxing
> I want to scan data matrix barcode for iPhone. Is it possible with
> ZXing? If yes where I can find code/library which I can integrate with
> code and develop and app.

The DM decoder was recently ported from Java to C++ and seems to work well. It hasn't been extensively tested beyond the standard blackbox tests as far as I'm aware, but there's nothing particularly unique about it so it should work on par with the Java decoder.

The instructions for integrating zxing are in the iphone directory. They only thing you'd need to do for the DM decoder is enable it. It's not enabled by default but the ScanTest test app has code that can be switched on that should serve as an example.