invalid_authorization_specification

fanq

Apr 9, 2010, 5:54:08 AM4/9/10
to Zotonic users
I just installed Zotonic on a system running Erlang R13B04, I followed
the installation instructions from the Documentation page and I get
the following error:

=CRASH REPORT==== 9-Apr-2010::06:37:27 ===
crasher:
initial call: pgsql_pool:init/1
pid: <0.93.0>
registered_name: []
exception exit: {{badmatch,
{error,invalid_authorization_specification}},
[{pgsql_pool,init,1},
{gen_server,init_it,6},
{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
in function gen_server:init_it/6
ancestors: [epgsql_pool,zotonic_sup,<0.61.0>]
messages: [{'EXIT',<0.94.0>,normal}]
links: [<0.87.0>]
dictionary: []
trap_exit: true
status: running
heap_size: 610
stack_size: 24
reductions: 197

my config:

{enabled,true},
{host,default},
{hostname,"127.0.0.1:1234"},
{hostalias,"localhost:1234"},
{hostalias,"127.0.0.1:1234"},
{dbhost,"127.0.0.1"},
{dbport,5432},
{dbuser,"zotonic"},
{dbpassword,"zot"},
{dbdatabase,"zotonic"},
{adminpassword,"zot"},
{sign_key_simple,<<"--change-
me--">>},
{sign_key,<<"--change-me--">>},
{title,<<"Your first blog">>},
{subtitle,
<<"Built with Zotonic, the Erlang
CMS.">>},
{pagelen,5}

I have postgresql installed and running and I have created the user
"zotonic" width the password "zot" and the database zotonic.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Arjan Scherpenisse

Apr 9, 2010, 6:27:03 AM4/9/10
to zotoni...@googlegroups.com

fanq

Apr 9, 2010, 7:42:42 AM4/9/10
to Zotonic users
Yes, I have a database named "zotonic", owned by a user named
"zotonic" which has the password "zot".

Marc Worrell

Apr 9, 2010, 8:02:43 AM4/9/10
to zotoni...@googlegroups.com
Can you connect to your database using the psql command line tool?

The error 'invalid_authorization_specification' is corresponds to error 28000 in PostgreSQL.
This error means that the supplied password was incorrect.

- Marc

On 9 apr 2010, at 13:42, fanq wrote:

> Yes, I have a database named "zotonic", owned by a user named
> "zotonic" which has the password "zot".

fanq

Apr 9, 2010, 8:26:37 AM4/9/10
to Zotonic users
The problem was that postgresql was using IDENT for authentication and
this doesn't allow username and password authentication. Edit the
file /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf and replace "ident" with "trust".
More info here http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/psql-fatal-ident-authentication-failed-for-user/
.
Thank you so much for your help.

Marc Worrell

Apr 9, 2010, 8:28:05 AM4/9/10
to zotoni...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Thanks for finding the solution and coming back to the list!

- Marc