updated MARC.js for unimarc, corrections in Library catalog Dynix

sylvain

Dec 11, 2009, 5:47:25 AM12/11/09
to zotero-dev
Hi,
I've just uploaded on the group a file called "Unimarc + Horizon.zip".
This archive contains two updated transaltors :

--- Library Catalog (Dynix) ---
I added some minor corrections, mainly to correct mistakes with french
catalogs using unimarc (specific subfielddelimiter, some differents
labels). Also added a link to the record for all catalogs.

--- MARC.js ---
I made some corrections to allow parsing of unimarc (officiel marc
flavour in France, Italy, Russia, Portugal, Greece and other
countries). If there's a 200 field (title in unimarc, unused in
marc-21 and derived) and no 245 field (title in marc 21 and derived,
unused in unimarc), the scripts assumes we've got an unimarc record.
Otherwise, the original version of the script is used (for marc-21,
normac, bibsys-marc, intermarc ...)

Please replace the existing translators with this one, it corrects a
lot of mistakes for french libraries !

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain

Dan Stillman

Dec 17, 2009, 3:07:08 PM12/17/09
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 12/11/09 5:47 AM, sylvain wrote:
> I've just uploaded on the group a file called "Unimarc + Horizon.zip".

Thanks, but please upload individual JS files rather than ZIPs.

> This archive contains two updated transaltors :
>
> --- Library Catalog (Dynix) ---
>

> --- MARC.js ---

I haven't reviewed the changes yet, but there are invalid characters in
MARC.js (ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8), and there are incorrect
whitespace characters (spaces instead of tabs) in Dynix.

- Dan

sylvain

Dec 17, 2009, 5:18:13 PM12/17/09
to zotero-dev
Hi,
sorry for these mistakes. I worked on a misconfigured vim and didn't
notice I introduced these errors. i just corrected the points you
told, reindenting my additions, and reencoding MARC.js in utf-8. I
also uploaded the files individually ("Library Catalog (Dynix).js" and
"MARC.js").

The important part of this work being the addition for unimarc, the
explanations for the algorithm deciding if a record is unimarc or
marc-21 (and derived) is explained in my first message. I had already
proposed this solution in march (http://groups.google.com/group/zotero-
dev/msg/af5c7c1ff1bf72de) and nobody worried, hope it's not just that
nobody read my message.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Sylvain

sylvain

Jan 27, 2010, 11:28:00 AM1/27/10
to zotero-dev
Of the two files I uploaded, the one for Dynix was updated and has
been pushed to the repository, thanks mcburton for this.
Nothing new about the second one, which adds support for unimarc in
marc.js. I just reuploaded a new version to integrate the changes I
had done to the new marc.js version pushed by dstillman 2 weeks ago.

The new version is available in the Google group files, can someone
have a look a it and tell me if there are problems, or integrate it in
repository ?

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain

Sean Takats

Jan 27, 2010, 11:35:54 AM1/27/10
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this, we'll push it ASAP. -Sean