conference paper type

Elena Razlogova

Feb 26, 2008, 11:07:39 AM2/26/08
to zoter...@googlegroups.com, development discussion for xbiblio
Hi--

At some point, Zotero "presentation" type got mapped to "paper-
conference" type. Now after this forum discussion, this seems confusing:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/2326/elseif-typechapter-seems-to-catch-type-conference-paper/

Papers published in conference proceedings (Zotero "conference-paper"
type) are cited as CSL "chapter," while conference presentations
(Zotero "presentation" type) are cited as CSL "paper-conference."

I would like to do this:

Map Zotero "presentation" to CSL "speech" (what is this type supposed
to cite exactly?), fallback to "article"

Map Zotero "conference-paper" to CSL "paper-conference", fallback to
"chapter"

This way if some science style needs special formatting for papers
published in conference proceedings these can be formatted using
"paper-conference" type.

Except Chicago, no current CSL style seems to use either type, so this
shouldn't be a problem for existing styles.

Any objections?

Thanks,
Elena

Elena Razlogova

Feb 26, 2008, 11:09:03 AM2/26/08
to zoter...@googlegroups.com, development discussion for xbiblio

cs....@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2008, 7:38:26 PM2/27/08
to zotero-dev
This would work out well for my implementation.

I think Zotero Podcasts are currently mapped to CSL speech type.
Which im currently making use of, but the addition of presentation
type would not affect me.

Thanks

Chris

On Feb 26, 4:07 pm, Elena Razlogova <elena.razlog...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi--
>
> At some point, Zotero "presentation" type got mapped to "paper-
> conference" type. Now after this forum discussion, this seems confusing:
>
> http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/2326/elseif-typechapter-seems-to-...

Elena Razlogova

Feb 28, 2008, 6:13:23 AM2/28/08
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 27, 2008, at 7:38 PM, cs....@gmail.com wrote:

> This would work out well for my implementation.
>
> I think Zotero Podcasts are currently mapped to CSL speech type.
> Which im currently making use of, but the addition of presentation
> type would not affect me.

I would have to map podcast to something else, probably "song." It
should really be "broadcast" but there is no "broadcast" type.

The xbiblio types are pretty confusing. It would be great if someone
explained what they are supposed to mean. I originally thought
"speech" was for spoken word recordings.

Elena

Elena Razlogova

Mar 3, 2008, 8:11:05 AM3/3/08
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
As of last commit, in the dev build:

conferencePaper is mapped to "paper-conference"
presentation is mapped to "speech"
podcast is mapped to "song"
seriesEditor is mapped to "collection-editor" (the latter is more
generic)

I hope this item type business will become more logical when the new
bibliographic onthology is implemented.

Best,
Elena