Unlocalized strings - where to report?

Harald Kliems

Feb 16, 2012, 8:20:18 AM2/16/12
to zotero-dev
Hi everyone,
I'm part of the German translation team on Transifex. We've completed
the German localization a couple of days ago and it's already part of
Zotero 3.02. Yay. While I was doing some QA on the finished product, I
came across a couple of menu items and other strings that haven't been
localized (as in: they still show up in English despite us having
translated 100% of the strings on Transifex). I was wondering how and
where to report those -- or maybe they don't need to be reported
because they're already known. Any hints?

Harald

Dan Stillman

Feb 16, 2012, 4:57:46 PM2/16/12
to zoter...@googlegroups.com

I think we've noted almost all of these with "TODO: localize" comments
in the code, but feel free to post any particularly egregious ones and
we may be able to get to them sooner. Don't bother with a full list.

Thanks for your work on the localization.

Harald Kliems

Feb 17, 2012, 8:31:52 AM2/17/12
to zotero-dev
On Feb 16, 4:57 pm, Dan Stillman <dstill...@zotero.org> wrote:
> I think we've noted almost all of these with "TODO: localize" comments
> in the code, but feel free to post any particularly egregious ones and
> we may be able to get to them sooner. Don't bother with a full list.

Ah, okay, that's great. I don't think any of them are particularly
egregious. The most visible ones are:

- "Duplicate Items" and "Group Libraries" in the left pane
- "All Fields & Tags" in the quick search field
- "New child attachment" tooltip
- "Add-ons" in the Tools menu
- all the standard commands in the Edit menu (undo, redo, cut, copy,
paste, select all, delete, find)

Harald.