Plugin unAPI and translator for Revues.org

pierre-al...@revues.org

Oct 7, 2009, 5:12:30 AM10/7/09
to zotero-dev
Hi,

I'm currently working on implementing unAPI on Revues.org French
Journal portal, and I'm encountering some problem with the translator.

The translator seems to have the precedence over unAPI :
- unAPI HTTP requests are OK (identifier is good, first request
without format, HTTP code 300, second request with format=mods, HTTP
code 200, seen in webserver logs)
- when I add an item into Zotero, the translator is used instead of
unAPI

I tried to import an item, after having deleted the translator file
from my Zotero installation, and now Zotero uses unAPI response.

I saw on the forum that Zotero should use unAPI first if found, am I
wrong ?

Dan Stillman

Oct 8, 2009, 2:38:16 AM10/8/09
to zoter...@googlegroups.com

Where did you see that? Site-specific translators almost always take
precedence over the generic translators (e.g., unAPI, COinS). If a site
Zotero already has a translator for adds embedded metadata, the site
admins just need to contact us and request that the site-specific
translator be removed. The removal can be done via Zotero's daily
translator update checks.

So once you've verified that unAPI is working properly with the
translator removed, just let us know.