[BUGFIX] fixed a bug in bfq for 2.6.35

1 view

Paolo Valente

Aug 6, 2010, 7:38:42 AM8/6/10
to zen_k...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
a bug has been reported for bfq-2.6.35.
I hope I properly fixed it (unfortunately the reported failure never
occurred on my systems so I could not check). Here you can find the
incremental patch to apply the fix:
http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/patches/previous_versions_revisions/incremental_patches/2.6.35/from_v1_to_v1-r1/
whereas the (hopefully) fixed patchset for 2.6.35 is in the usual folder:
http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/patches/2.6.35/

Note: I had occasion to modify the revision number scheme: I decided to
reset bfq revision numbers when passing to a higher kernel release. So,
this fixed version of bfq for 2.6.35 is v1-r1. I rearranged patch
directories accordingly. Any feedback is welcome :)

Paolo

Raghavendra D Prabhu

Aug 6, 2010, 10:57:00 AM8/6/10
to zen_k...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
When using bfq on 2.6.35 64bit Arch -- the mounting of external disk drive failed and it
went into a loop dumping backtrace starting with

BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at
0000000000000007

I have attached the full log. Is this related to the bug fixed ?

-------------------
Raghavendra D Prabhu

bfq.log

Paolo Valente

Aug 6, 2010, 11:21:38 AM8/6/10
to zen_k...@googlegroups.com
Raghavendra D Prabhu ha scritto:

> Hi,
> When using bfq on 2.6.35 64bit Arch -- the mounting of external disk
> drive failed and it
> went into a loop dumping backtrace starting with
> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at
> 0000000000000007
>
> I have attached the full log.
Thanks

> Is this related to the bug fixed ?
It should be exactly that bug.

> * On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 01:38:42PM +0200, Paolo Valente
> <posta...@yahoo.it> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> a bug has been reported for bfq-2.6.35.
>> I hope I properly fixed it (unfortunately the reported failure never
>> occurred on my systems so I could not check). Here you can find the
>> incremental patch to apply the fix:
>> http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/patches/previous_versions_revisions/incremental_patches/2.6.35/from_v1_to_v1-r1/
>>
>> whereas the (hopefully) fixed patchset for 2.6.35 is in the usual
>> folder:
>> http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/patches/2.6.35/
>>
>> Note: I had occasion to modify the revision number scheme: I decided to
>> reset bfq revision numbers when passing to a higher kernel release. So,
>> this fixed version of bfq for 2.6.35 is v1-r1. I rearranged patch
>> directories accordingly. Any feedback is welcome :)
>>
>> Paolo

kernelOfTruth

Aug 6, 2010, 11:15:55 PM8/6/10
to Zen-Kernel
it works fine so far - no immediate nullpointer or other BUG message

thanks a lot ! :)

now the desktop is really more responsive