Zekr included in Ubuntu Muslim Edition

jme...@ubuntume.com

Feb 26, 2007, 6:04:41 AM2/26/07
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salam alaykoum,

I'm glad to announce the release of the first version of Ubuntu
Muslim Edition (www.ubuntuME.com[1]), alHamdulillah, that includes
the Zekr tool. You can download it here[2].
The UbuntuME project has just started ; feel free to post
comments/ideas/contributions in the forums.[3]
And congratulations on your great Zekr tool!

Mehdi
Administrator of the Ubuntu Muslim Edition project

Links:
------
[1] http://www.ubuntume.com/
[2]
http://ubuntume.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=32&lang=en
[3] http://www.ubuntume.com/forums/

Mohsen Saboorian

Feb 26, 2007, 8:30:27 AM2/26/07
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salam Mehdi,

Congratulations Mehdi, nice work! I believe there are much islamic
applications, you can provide in the future releases.

BTW, did you see this:
http://www.light-in-darkness.de/bal/ubuntuformuslims. It seems to be a
similar work, but there is no news newer than 9-2006 (dead?).

I have also a suggestion about the random Quran verse on the site. It
would be better to change the <font> style to something like this
(line-height added, some other fonts provided):

Scheherazade, me_quran; font-size: 18px; line-height: 1.2em"
color="black">

See screenshots before and after applying this style

Best.

quran-after.png
quran-before.png

jme...@ubuntume.com

Feb 26, 2007, 9:43:29 AM2/26/07
to ze...@googlegroups.com

Quoting Mohsen Saboorian <moh...@gmail.com>:

> Salam Mehdi,
>
> Congratulations Mehdi, nice work! I believe there are much islamic
> applications, you can provide in the future releases.

Thanks! Yes, the 0.1 version is just the beginning!

> BTW, did you see this:
> http://www.light-in-darkness.de/bal/ubuntuformuslims. It seems to be a
> similar work, but there is no news newer than 9-2006 (dead?).

I've sent him an email and I'm waiting for a response...

> I have also a suggestion about the random Quran verse on the site. It
> would be better to change the <font> style to something like this
> (line-height added, some other fonts provided):

> Scheherazade, me_quran; font-size: 18px; line-height: 1.2em"
> color="black">
>
> See screenshots before and after applying this style

I've modified the font tag but it doesn't render as in your screenshots, could you check in your browser?

wa alaykoum salam

Mehdi

Administrator of the Ubuntu Muslim Edition project

www.ubuntuME.com

Mohsen Saboorian

Feb 26, 2007, 12:33:21 PM2/26/07
to ze...@googlegroups.com

> I've modified the font tag but it doesn't render as in your screenshots,
> could you check in your browser?

You might not have the fonts I specified. The picture was taken from a
Firefox 2.0 on Windows XP, so you can see Quran in Traditional Arabic
font (which is installed on Windows if your locale is Arabic/Farsi).
Try to install this font on your system:
http://fonts.appliedlanguage.com/fonts/tradbdo.TTF and try again.

Best.