zekr

amin

Dec 14, 2009, 6:48:50 AM12/14/09
to zekr
Salam

Dear Sirs,

I think zekr need to be develop for iphone. If somebody expert here
can do that I'm sure a lot of people would like to have it. Btw how
can I contributes to give malay translation?

Your kind attention of this are appreciated.

Warmest regards and may GOD bless us all.
Amin

Mohsen Saboorian

Dec 16, 2009, 1:42:47 AM12/16/09
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

Here you can find translation pack format:

In short, you should make a file with 6236 lines (or parts).
If you want your translation to be hosted on zekr.org, you should also tell us if you have the permission from the translator, or is the translation in the public domain.

Mohsen

Azmirul Hamzah

Dec 29, 2009, 10:53:19 PM12/29/09
to aminurrash...@gmail.com, ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam, sorry for my late reply,

FYI, i have been satisfied using my own created Zekr Malay translation personally since last year... but unfortunely, i can not share it since the source is not public domain. actually, i have extracted the translation from the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Islamic Affairs's website without realizing it is the same translation as the famous Tafsir Pimpinan al-Rahman. You can follow the discussion regarding this matter on Zekr mailing list below:
http://groups.google.com/group/zekr/browse_thread/thread/4aac2a861a0a13d/92027f69ab052fcb?lnk=gst&q=Zekr+Malaysian+Translation%E2%80%8F#

so, if you want to contribute, can you find a reliable free public domain Malay translation or at least one with a permission from the original author. i have found several malay translation but many of it dont have a clear reliable reference of their original author.. we need it from a reliable source to avoid any translation error. Or, somehow, maybe you can find a way to request permission from Tafsir Pimpinan al-Rahman's publisher to use it in Zekr.

Anyway, for iphone, there are free alternative that have Malay translation:

1- alQuran by alMubin.com -> Free Quran + Malay translation & over 100 more free translation.
2- myQuran - Indonesia by biminaSoft -> Indonesian translation from DEPAG RI with it infamous *footnotes*!
3- Al Mus'haf - a realistic paper book style quran! page layout and numbering mostly like the Arab Saudi printed version quran. no translation provided.
4- iQuran (free) by Guided Ways Technologies -> Free Quran with english translation, Malay translation and many more is provided with pro version (if i'm not mistaken).

Thanks,
Azmirul

> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 03:48:50 -0800
> Subject: [zekr] zekr
> From: aminurrash...@gmail.com
> To: ze...@googlegroups.com
> --

Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.

syockit

Dec 31, 2009, 8:02:11 AM12/31/09
to zekr
I've made my own trans.zip quite some time ago and was also pondering
whether to upload it here or not. Got the text data from here:
http://community.al-quran.info/content/Developer.aspx
I'm not sure if the site in question has got all the permissions from
the authorities involved.

Ahmad Syukri