Zekr freezes when stop audio

was

Jun 4, 2010, 8:05:44 AM6/4/10
to zekr
I just install Zekr in my new Ubuntu 10.04, and found two problems.
1. It cannot scroll automatically while reciting
2. When I press stop playing, Zekr freezes in grey color, and nothing
cannot be done. I have to quit Zekr from System Monitor, find Java and
"End Process".

Is there any way to fix this annoying problem, especially no 2.

Waluyo

Yahya Saturday

Jun 4, 2010, 2:27:11 PM6/4/10
to zekr
Salaam,

I'm use Debian testing (squeeze) with Iceweasel 3.5.9 and reciting
scroll automatically. This is problem persist in Debian before few
upgrades and my be a browser issue.

About problem two: Check hidden log file "~/.zekr/zekr.log" in your
home folder. Also type in root terminal "update-java-alternatives -l"
without quotation marks (options is small letter L). Currently I use
java-6-openjdk (installed by default) and java-6-sun (packages: sun-
java6-jre + sun-java6-fonts + sun-java6-plugin).

Post Zekr version, section of log files with errors and my be someone
help. Also start Zekr in terminal window and see for errors.

Waluyo Adi Siswanto

Jun 4, 2010, 7:32:33 PM6/4/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Assalamualaikum
Thanks for the useful information

> I'm use Debian testing (squeeze) with Iceweasel 3.5.9 and reciting
> scroll automatically. This is problem persist in Debian before few
> upgrades and my be a browser issue.

For scrolling problem, for the time being is ok,
I just set View - Paging mode - Constant Aya Count.., then set the number 2
I can always see and follow the recitation, without manual scrolling.

> About problem two: Check hidden log file "~/.zekr/zekr.log" in your
> home folder. Also type in root terminal "update-java-alternatives -l"
> without quotation marks (options is small letter L). Currently I use
> java-6-openjdk (installed by default) and java-6-sun (packages: sun-
> java6-jre + sun-java6-fonts + sun-java6-plugin).
>
> Post Zekr version, section of log files with errors and my be someone
> help. Also start Zekr in terminal window and see for errors.

the zekr log does not show any errors, the last line when I stop:
07:12:58 [DEBUG] (AudioPlayerUiController:107) - Player stop status.

when I run from the terminal:
Exception in thread "PulseAudio Eventloop Thread"
java.lang.IllegalStateException: drain failed
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.EventLoop.native_iterate(Native Method)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.EventLoop.run(EventLoop.java:141)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

PS: I have not tried update-java-alternatives -l , but I will try and
inform to the forum

I am using e-machine AMD64, and here from uname
Linux family-desktop 2.6.32-22-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3
19:31:57 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Wassalam
Waluyo

Waluyo Adi Siswanto

Jun 4, 2010, 7:37:57 PM6/4/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Assalamualaikum
results using this command:
update-java-alternatives -l

is
java-6-openjdk 1061 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk

Wassalam
Waluyo

Mohsen Saboorian

Jun 5, 2010, 3:22:24 AM6/5/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Wa Alaikumassalam,

For that scrolling issue, you can fix it by installing our latest .tar.gz version (0.7.5) from download page.

For changing your Java to a Sun JRE, please take a look at:

Regards,
Mohsen

Wassalam
Waluyo

rezzafri

Jun 9, 2010, 12:19:36 AM6/9/10
to zekr
Asslmlkm
Have same problem "mas" waluyo. Zekr also freeze when press next
button,
don't know to fix this but try to pause first instead of directly
press stop or next button.
btw i use Lucid and ppa's version of zekr..

Rezzafri...

glo...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2010, 7:51:16 AM6/9/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Assalamualaikum,

I had the same problem on Lucid until I tried adding the line:

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/iceweasel

to the beginning of the /usr/bin/zekr script.

Maybe that is a clue to what the problem is. When you look at /usr/bin/zekr, there is no place where MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME is defined.
Not sure if that is relevant, but zekr is not freezing on me any more. My only problem now is that it always continues on to the next sura no matter what settings I have.

Glenn

Mohsen Saboorian

Jun 9, 2010, 2:23:04 PM6/9/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Wa Alaikumassalam,

Thank you very much for this workaround. We will check if this resolves the issue.

BTW, you should be able to change playing scope with a small button at the bottom-left side of audio player form. If you set it to sura, it should just play a sura and then stop. If it doesn't work, then this is a bug (which I cannot reproduce on Windows).

Regards,
Mohsen

Shad Shahid

Jun 9, 2010, 2:37:35 PM6/9/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,
How come this Zekr facebook page is so under-represented :( ?
Zekr is a great product- certainly the best I've used- it should have fans running in the thousands.. if we promote it more, it will attract even more users..

Please let me know if I can be of any help..

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.

Mohsen Saboorian

Jun 9, 2010, 3:04:17 PM6/9/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

All Zekr public facebook pages are created by our users, and you can surely help by spreading Zekr, or creating a better page and sending invitations to more people.

Regards,
Mohsen

Shad Shahid

Jun 9, 2010, 3:19:34 PM6/9/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
walekumussalaam,
Sure brother give me some time - InshaAllah I will spread it far.. I already use these images :)..
regards,
Shad.

rezzafri

Jun 10, 2010, 1:07:21 PM6/10/10
to zekr
Asslmlkm,..
I did exactly like your suggestion Glenn, but it does not work on my
Lucid, try to set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to /usr/lib/mozilla doesn't work
either..
I giving up on deb/ubuntu package, and use tar.gz from zekr homepage
and it works flawlessly... :D

On Jun 9, 6:51 pm, gloo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Assalamualaikum,
>
> I had the same problem on Lucid until I tried adding the line:
>
> export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/iceweasel
>
> to the beginning of the /usr/bin/zekr script.
>
> Maybe that is a clue to what the problem is. When you look at
> /usr/bin/zekr, there is no place where MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME is defined.
> Not sure if that is relevant, but zekr is not freezing on me any more. My
> only problem now is that it always continues on to the next sura no matter
> what settings I have.
>
> Glenn

glo...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2010, 3:01:40 PM6/10/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Wa Alaikumassalam,

sorry it didn't help - I'm gladd at least you have a working version though!

Glenn