installation,and importing work form word doc

sunshine

Jul 17, 2009, 2:48:22 PM7/17/09
to yWriter
my program installed ok but some of my tabs are blanked out. can any
one tell me how to import my word doc onto ywriter

Dave Shaw

Jul 17, 2009, 10:54:13 PM7/17/09
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
I could go through all the steps at great length and still do a lousy job,
so let me just give you the proper references:

1) Go to Help and open the Quickstart Guide. Read and execute the part
about creating a new project. (It's a .pdf, so you'll need Adobe Reader or
an equivalent product.)
2) Go to Help again and open the Manual. Read and execute the part about
Importing a work in progress.
3) Finish your masterpiece, sell it for big bucks, and end up as rich as J.
K. Rowling. Donate enough to Simon so he can quit his day job. (This step
is optional, of course.)

I hope this helps.

Dave Shaw
--
People are more violently opposed to furs than leather because it's safer to
harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Simon Haynes

Jul 17, 2009, 10:54:22 PM7/17/09
to ywr...@googlegroups.com

If you mean the menu headings, anything you can't use will be greyed out. E.g. print scene will be unavailable if the current chapter has no scenes.

Re importing, you need to reformat the doc a little to make life easier. Ensure each chapter has a heading with Chapter NN (NN being the number), and ensure that if there are multiple scenes within a chapter, the separator is '* * *' (Three asterisks, with one space each) on a new line.

Save the doc in RTF format, import it using Import Work in Progress.

Cheers
Simon
--
Software designer & programmer