Re: Anko3157: ケーキ屋さんのゆっくり (Mister Cake Shop's Yukkuri)

Message has been deleted

Harouki

Apr 4, 2011, 9:21:25 PM4/4/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Small bone, small bone, small bone~♪

A strange song can be heard in the cake shop where I work.
After the previous owner was diagnosed with diabetes I’ve been running
the store alone.
Thanks to the owner's strict teaching methods, I’ve become quite
confident in the taste of my cakes.
Although I'm the only one working in this shop, all of the finest
items are sold out everyday.

Small bobobobo~ne, small bobo~ne~♪

The one singing this strange song was this, a Yukkuri the size of a
watermelon.
Sitting in her little basket bed wrapped in a cushion.

It was a Yuyuko type, which was a pretty rare type.
The previous owner picked her up from somewhere and now I'm taking
care of her inside the shop.
On her hat was a shiny golden badge.
Yuyuko loves the smell of the cakes in the store and would always sing
the song when she was in a good mood.
Some customers even come to the shop just to see Yuyuko.

Small bobone~ small bone~ small bosmallbone~♪

Yuyuko's main job was to sing this strange BGM to attract customers
and dispose of any leftovers.
Leftover jelly rolls, table scraps, unsold cakes, and even kitchen
waste, she eats them all with a smile.

Nom nom nom...small bone~♪

Because Yukkuri absolutely loved sweet things, Yuyuko would happily
eat the leftovers.
She even knows not to eat any of the store goods without permission.
If it wasn't for her smart training, I wouldn't have given her
anything to eat at all.
Whenever she was hungry she would stop singing her “Small Bone” song
and stare at me.
When I notice these signs I would take some leftover food and toss it
her way.
Then Yuyuko would skillfully use her tongue and claim her bounty.

Chomp chomp...small bo~ne!.........small~bone small~bonebonene~♪

When ever she finished eating she would express her gratitude with a
loud voice.
And as if nothing happened, she would continue her song.
And things like this would happen three or four times an hour.

“Yuyu! Hmm, what a good smell! This is, Mister Sweet Sweet's smell!”

“Id ish, Mwommie, sweech sweech's smwell!”

“Surely the shitty human in this place is hogging all the sweet sweet!
Mommy will go get it back!”

“Yuyu~~n! Ashu expecheced of Reimyu's Mwommie! Reimyu ish sho
hwappie!”

Some kind of commotion can be heard outside the store.
I can see some black and red moving around, so it's probably some
Reimu types.
I then call out Yuyuko's name.

Small-bo-ne-

Yuyuko stopped singing and looked at my face in response.
She then hopped from her basket and slowly crawled to the front of the
store.
When she reached the front of the store she stretched out flat on her
back horizontally and did what was called, the “Yuyuko Hole.”
The last owner was the one who came up with the name.
Since the store's opening there has been a zero tolerence of Yukkuri,
besides Yuyuko.

“Yuyu? A strange Yukkuri came out! That scum must be hogging all the
sweet sweet!”

“Yuyu? Ich chacnh chake id eajy ach aww...Go ged id mwommie!”

Small bone-

“Yuyu? Whea did Mwommie gwo? Wad's dish stwanje...”

Small bone-

Small bone-small bone- gosu gosu

Yuyuko attacked something at the entrance.
I don't really understand what she did, but it looks like its over.
I opened the entrance to let Yuyuko back in.
Around two to three times a day, Yuyuko has to deal with stray Yukkuri
by swallowing them whole.
Since stray Yukkuri are filthy, customers don't want to go near a
store with them around.
No matter how many times they are exterminated, the sweet smell of the
shop always brings them back.
By the way, Yuyuko is a pet Yukkuri in case you didn't know.
To this store, Yuyuko is a big help.

Small bo~ne bo~ne♪ small bobo~ne♪

By the way, the name of this store is “Small Bone.”
I don't really understand the naming sense of the old owners.

Small bo~ne bonene~ small bobo~ne~♪

A strange song together with a nice sweet smell..

END

Tozen/tsurezure Aki

yukiyuzen

Apr 5, 2011, 12:43:35 AM4/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Cool. Leaves a lot to the imagination though.

MET

Apr 5, 2011, 2:03:45 PM4/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
That was a nice story, sometimes it's refreshing to have the story be
mellow even with the violence implied, thanks for translating it
Harouki.

And could we be reminded of what was the original japanese phrase for
Yuyuko's "Small Bones", i would like to know if in the original it
sounds better for the "singing".

Harouki

Apr 5, 2011, 2:21:33 PM4/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
"kobone"

Atzumo Kayami

Apr 5, 2011, 4:28:34 PM4/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
That's pretty bold. I always disliked Yuyukos, but this one is OK I
guess

MET

Apr 5, 2011, 5:06:26 PM4/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Kobone, hmm, yeah, that actually sounds like something you can make a
nice song with.

Skribulous

Apr 5, 2011, 9:25:13 PM4/5/11
to yufa...@googlegroups.com
"Little bones" instead of "small bones" could work as well.  (3 syllables, up-down-down-up-down-down etc. tone pattern, vowels after every word works better for melodies, etc.)