Discussion about Organizations of the Yukkuri World for future Stories.

.J.I.E.

Sep 5, 2011, 6:58:59 PM9/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I was thinking that it would be nice to think out a few organizations
that everybody could use in future stories like PETY, Yun-Yah Corp,
YukkuriPeace, etc. as a way to inspire some new stories.

For example, while i don't have a name for it, i was thinking of the
"PETY" paralel for ultra abusers, basically a organization that states
that yukkuris are wicked artificial abominations that the least their
abhorrent existence can do is to be "useful" to humanity in anyway
possible and that "sympathizing" with them is the paralel of
sympathizing with a badly programmed robot. Their leaders and more
shady members would be rumored to work like a mafia, having a strong
hold of the yukkuri black market and financing some of the most
extreme Yukkuri Factories, the same way that PETY's criminal side is
basically ecoterrorismn, vandalismn and taking yukkuris away of
owners, petshops and similar "non abusive" sectors.

Maybe anyone here could come out with a catchy name for this fellows?
or make their own organizations?

MezzoDragon

Sep 5, 2011, 7:05:31 PM9/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
HARM: Humans Against Ridiculous Manjuu. It's the best thing I can
think of. Sorry.

On Sep 5, 6:58 pm, ".J.I.E." <shin.met...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking that it would be nice to think out a few organizations
> that everybody could use in future stories like PETY, Yun-Yah Corp,
> YukkuriPeace, etc. as a way to inspire some new stories.
>
> For example, while i don't have a name for it, i was thinking of the
> "PETY" parallel for ultra abusers, basically a organization that states
> that yukkuris are wicked artificial abominations that the least their
> abhorrent existence can do is to be "useful" to humanity in anyway
> possible and that "sympathizing" with them is the parallel of

Zeta_Patchouli

Sep 5, 2011, 7:05:47 PM9/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I throw in PASY as a name for the abyuser counterpart. (People for the
Abusive Slaughter of Yukkuri)... now for organizations of my own
making... I'll have to think about that, honestly.

.J.I.E.

Sep 5, 2011, 7:17:21 PM9/5/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
HARM and PASY sound like instersting ideas, they could even be 2
different groups with the same objective but maybe different
approaches. HARM could be the political side, while PASY their more
radically active side that is willing to commit a few crimes for their
cause.

Kinda how i see PETY as the ecoterrorist and brings more harm than
good for the nice yu's and Yukkuripeace as the annoying ineffective of
the bunch that whines and won't awknowledge the shithead's existence,
or how my EasyPeace is more moderate, likeable and a bit more
effective in the longer term, even if their more radical peers won't
admit it.

Particle Man

Sep 11, 2011, 7:36:05 PM9/11/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Okay, do we have any *sensible* anti-abuse association? PETY is nice
and all, but it's really a strawman - an intentionally ridiculous
group of delusional individuals. In the yukkuri world there have to be
some more realistically-minded people that still empathize with the
yukkuri and find abuse practiced by hobbyists completely unacceptable.
(I think their stance on shitheads could really go either way).

I think the community is mature enough to withstand some anti-abuse
themes played straight without making a shitstorm. I'm still not sure
how to make a good story (not moralizing) out of anti-abuse, though.
So far I've had some ideas about a clinic for traumatized and mentally
damaged abuse victim yus. And there is of course Fragtagonal's story
about recovering abuser.

+1 for the pro-abyuser group. I see one problem, though - the way you
described them, JIE, I would assume their near-religious hatred of
yukkuri makes them want to wipe them out, not torture them. So they
would support killing and extermination actions, not abuse.

Skribulous

Sep 11, 2011, 8:21:22 PM9/11/11
to yufa...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, 12 September 2011 07:36:05 UTC+8, Particle Man wrote:
Okay, do we have any *sensible* anti-abuse association? PETY is nice
and all, but it's really a strawman - an intentionally ridiculous
group of delusional individuals. In the yukkuri world there have to be
some more realistically-minded people that still empathize with the
yukkuri and find abuse practiced by hobbyists completely unacceptable.
(I think their stance on shitheads could really go either way).

There's the Organization for Yukkuri Protection from the For He Is Just Another Man story.  Unlike PETY, that group is more well-grounded, especially since the founder was a former abyuser that turned, so they seem to know what yukkuri are really like unlike PETY's delusions.

.J.I.E.

Sep 11, 2011, 8:47:00 PM9/11/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Well, I didn't exactly made it anti-abuse in a way, but EasyPeace is a
sensible Yukkuri Protection group, though they focus mainly on making
shelters, educational programs about yukkuris, teaching people about
the difference of Scum Yu's and Good Yu's and why Good Yu's shouldn't
get it, stand for more "selective" exterminations that won't kill
every yukkuri every and just focus on the bad apples, more adequate
Factories that are less about abuse and more about making products
properly, close to what non mega factory farms are like but with a
factory side, basically ethnical treatment of "animals" used for
consumption. They usually encourage people to not abuse, as much just
"get rid" of the scum, but they know that getting too rabid or preachy
about it won't do any good, specially when half of the time, the
yukkuris themselves undermine any effort from the Pro-Yu's groups by
giving people reasons to not listen, overall, they tend to be more
effective because the main population of the yuworld in my stories are
more in the middle, so, while willingly killing shitheads and such,
are keen to listen and be nice to non scum yu's. I even was thinking
of mentioning them in a story I was planning about a Group of
Researchers growing and teaching a clan of yukkuris to be self
sustaininig, eco friendly and world friendly, but not naive or weak
like to let the scum yu's abuse them, and EasyPeace would be one of
the supporters of this project. But as you bet the most rabid
YunGroups don't like them and think they are traitors or sell outs,
not admiting that any progress in yukkuri rights is thanks to
EasyPeace and any regress is thanks to the very yukkuris or
themselves.

And that Pro Abyuser organization I made was based on some of the most
rabid abyuse fans and trolls we meet in the past, who were into
exterminating yukkuris but also doing so in a slow and painful way,
basically they are raw hate, and even those who are into exterminating
something will easily dwell into torture of that "thing" they want to
exterminate for good. Basically they Abyuse them while leading them to
extinction, or that's their intention.

And you don't need to make an Anti story, you can make a story about
people who like yukkuris and don't like abyuse without being Anti, all
you need to do is, well, make it no confrontational or not preachy,
only narrate the actions of people who don't like abyuse and are nice
to yukkuris, unless they are being nice to a blatlant scum or
shithead, nobody will see it as a problem or feel there is "Anti"
potential. An Anti Abuse or Anti FF story isn't one on which the
people there don't abide to the other's side ideas, but one that
focuses on mocking, demonizing and bashing, aside of once again bring
up the whole "Them vs Us" shit mindset, even mocking the strawmen
isn't Anti, because in the end, it's our community way of doing a
"take that" to all those zealous and self righteous trolls we had to
deal in the past from both Camps, and even then we keep it minimum,
only a mentions, some people being disgrunted at them and move on to
the main story.

Skribulous

Sep 11, 2011, 10:48:03 PM9/11/11
to yufa...@googlegroups.com
Might as well post this here as a warm-up to continuing my long-stalled fic (mild spoiler warning):

In the world of Super Yukkuri Taisen, most of the various organizations that are involved with yukkuri (from factories to PETY-types) are named after the Touhou cast, though they have nothing to do with the original characters in-story.  The ones that have been introduced are:

The Center of Research in Environmental Science and Technologies (CREST), informally called the Institute for Yukkuri Studies, is the research center that primarily does research in yukkuri, and is now the biggest yukkuri research institute outside Japan.  It is located in-campus in Central City University (fictional location, could be placed anywhere in the West that primarily speaks English).  CREST is publicly backed by the UN in the efforts of understanding these mysterious creatures that suddenly appeared in our world on the turn of the millennium.  (Privately, researchers still seek out sponsors and grants to move their research, which leads to them dealing with some other organizations that would prefer not to let their involvement be known).  Thus, CREST takes a keen interest in yukkuri for the advancement of knowledge, and so all yukkuri research is welcomed here, including various experimentations that would be frowned upon elsewhere.

Hakurei Foundation is the organization formed by Professor "Doc" Gojo to consolidate and privatize his research and discoveries, ostensibly to prevent his work from falling into "the wrong hands" (aka. militant groups keen on weaponising the Yu-Kai and the Spell Card System) but mainly to maintain control over their dissemination, since part of its formation includes moving out of the Institute for Yukkuri Studies to the facilities of his biggest sponsor.  Its purported goals are to prevent the abuse of Doc Gojo's creations as they are introduced to the world.  Is initially indifferent to stray yukkuri and protective of pet yukkuri, as trained yukkuri have a potential to be P-types that can operate the Yu-Kai mecha.

Kawashiro Armature Industries (KAI or Kawashiro Industries) are the manufacturers of Yukkuri-powered Machines (aka Yu-Ma), and one of Doc Gojo's sponsors.  They were keen on acquiring exclusive rights to mass-producing the Yukkuri-powered Machine Custom models (aka. Yu-Kai), and supported the Hakurei Foundation's move along with the Mahoyiga, with Kawashiro Industries providing the manufacturing facilities.  Views most yukkuri as nothing more than batteries to power the Yu-Ma, with the exception of P-types as Yu-Kai controllers (influenced by the Hakurei Foundation).

Mahoyiga Enterprises is one of the biggest company of yukkuri breeders, supplying pet stores with docile yukkuri for pets.  They are also one of Doc Gojo's sponsors, and in fact had collaborated with him to develop the P-Yukkuri (SYT's platinum badge equivalent, though it has a different meaning altogether).  Has very negative views on stray yukkuri, and supports other organizations calling for the elimination of "gutter thrash" yukkuri.  As paradoxical as it sounds, Mahoyiga's interests like only in yukkuri that can live together with humanity in a symbiotic (read: useful to humans) relationship.  Has links to the Yakumo clan.

The Yakumo Clan are not officially known as such, but individuals are known publicly due to their unfortunate reputation in the early years of the yukkuri's emergence as extremely efficient yukkuri exterminators, even during the period when killing yukkuri was frowned upon.  Notorious for being involved with pest exterminators that do not make any distinctions between pets or strays.  (The unnamed company that Doc Gojo was working with in part 1 was to be revealed to be part of the Yakumo later on.)

The Kirisame are, to put it simply, arms dealers.  They provide the equipment to any group that could meet their prices.  This makes them popular to both sides of the yukkuri divide, as abyusers can acquire the latest in yukkuri torture while yukkuri lovers can arm themselves in their crusade.  This also makes them unpopular with the governments at large but so far the Kirisame manage to be one step ahead of the law.  (This is what is known about them publicly, though.)

Shameimaru Publishing isn't one of the biggest publishing companies around, but it is the one that's made yukkuri reporting their primary focus, as they had success during the early years of the yukkuri's emergence, with top ratings for their Bunbunmaru News Network (BBN).  Nowadays are under a slump since public opinion of yukkuri has declined.  It doesn't help that reporters have resorted to sensationalism and espionage for material, and even accusations of outright fabrication.  Not surprisingly, they closely work with yukkuri, and their flagship mascot is the ubiquitous Aya.

Moreeya International is another yukkuri breeding company similar to Mahoyiga, save for two things:  they do not have the license (in reality, the capability) to produce P-Yukkuri, and their stance on strays are different.  It is company policy to take in any yukkuri surrendered to their facilities found worldwide, whether it be wild, urban strays, or abandoned pets.  Their bounties had made them very popular, and being a "yukkuri catcher" for them is good income.  This also makes them the biggest target of extremist groups from both sides of the yukkuri divide.  (Note: *spelling intentional*)

Free Yukkuri United (F-YU) are a small (supposedly) yet fanatical (supposedly) group that opposes the current status quo.  This faction has been credited with various terrorist activities, from kidnapping, torture, and executions of suspected abyusers, to raids and bombing of factories and institutions related to yukkuri.

Kazami Growers is an agricultural company that made its fortune due to possession of huge tracts of land collectively called The Grove.  Their primary harvests are oranges, as well as other citrus fruits.  Employees in The Grove work side-by-side with Yuuka-type yukkuri, and are openly hostile to any non-Yuuka yukkuri in their properties, treating them as farm invasions.

*More forthcoming.  The continuation of Super Yukkuri Taisen will be posted soon.*

yukiyuzen

Sep 12, 2011, 3:14:24 AM9/12/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Fundamentally, the thing is: Its a goddamn pain in the ass to write a
story with such "organizations". Theres no commonly used organization
other than "the factory" and that varies between "neo-nazi-like
genocidal psychopaths who control the world" to "misunderstood
corporation trying to make an honest buck" and "sociopaths who go
around torturing to death any yukkuri that doesn't have a badge" to
"street cleaning social workers".

That said, a lot of artist/author made organizations tend to lean
towards universe establishing features (such as "magic exists in my
world!") so it can be hard for other artists/authors to use it. (Kinda
hard to abuse a DosuMarisa for lulz when X organization's inclusion
means that DosuMarisas have the ability to fire unlimited energy based
tank rounds from their mouths at will with no way to prevent them from
doing so <.<)

.J.I.E.

Sep 12, 2011, 2:24:46 PM9/12/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
@yukiyuzen
About Dosus, many stories have the factories having long ago developed
counter measures against Dosu Sparks, and even if not, you can always
play with the idea that "they need the magic mushroom, so all you have
to do is to take it away of them and done, no dosu spark", The Dosu
Spark is basically a low ammo artillery placed on a big yet weak and
brittle cannon, all you have to do is to take away the "ammo" or make
the Dosu waste it with missed shots.

@Skribulous
The mindset of the Mahoyiga Enterprises reminded me of a recent third
option I had been thinking for the famous "Hypothetical Ends" of the
Yu's, this one being something like a "Good Karma" take of the Dosu in
the City Black End.

In this case Stray and Wild Yukkuris are outlawed and exterminated or
captured, only Pet Yukkuris and Yukkuris in special facilities like Yu-
Zoo, Yu-Farm or Yu-Safari aren't outlawed. It would be good karma
because pets aren't outlawed, instead, they are encouraged, and the
places the few remaining non pets yu's are put aren't some sort of
concentration camps and instead they are just places where they can
live without bothering others or ruining the ecosystem, aside of being
a great attraction for the people. In this scenario there would be a
lot of emphasis in stopping the great potential ecological damage that
yukkuris can bring to the enviroment, while not exterminating the
whole species, or having to find a way to reeducate and breed new
generations of wild yukkuris that are eco friendly and world friendly.

yukiyuzen

Sep 13, 2011, 12:20:58 AM9/13/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
@JIE

So your solution is to simply dodge their attacks? Uh ok. Your
universe is now a barren wasteland because the artillery-like Dosus
started shelling the land at the sight of humans in fear of Abusers.

To be frank, that kind of thinking is exactly why Dosus don't always
get "powers". If this is the extent you've thought this through, count
me out.

.J.I.E.

Sep 13, 2011, 12:56:52 AM9/13/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Dodging is just the beginning, you can always use spicy stuff, a big
hose, hell, in more sci fi or magical stories, there are barrier
shields and all that without going with guns. I do recall a story on
which a Village just stabbed the dosu with big and broad bamboo sticks/
trunks, first aiming to the mouth, and then to the rest of the body.

If you have the tools, a good thing to do is either get rid of their
mushrooms or aim to the mouth and ruin it, since they need their mouth
in good shape to fire dosu sparks.

It's not like Dosu is unbeatable, it's actually the opposite, they
still are easy modo, but they are boss tier, so a degree of danger is
there, specially with their dosu spark, even with their glass cannon
body.

I had seen many stories that have the Factory and Yu hunters use
various stuff, from magical "mana disrupting paint" on the walls, to
special magical or sci fi boxes that nullify the Yu power, or in some
cases the protocol is to quickly fire against the both, be it with
capscine pellets or an explosive enough round.

Besides while i compare them to artillery, they aren't "that" strong,
their Dosu Spark is powerful, but, it isn't city blasting thing, as
much it destroy trees and some weak buildings. And while it's a beam,
somehow it's usually represented as used in mid range, rarely a dosu
really acts like an artillery and blasts in extreme range.

yukiyuzen

Sep 13, 2011, 3:46:26 AM9/13/11
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
But that simply overrides the whole point of having organizations that
can be used by multiple authors. If you're assuming that X
organization exists in a sci-fi/magical universe. Why would anyone use
such an organization in this story if it simply shoehorns them into a
universe they may not want to use? You're also assuming the average
Anon is ultra-educated on "how to fight Dosus" and are these battle-
hardened, "NO MERCY!", hardcore one-man yukkuri genocide machine.

And I've seen pictures where a Dosu Spark can be used planet-carving-
laser-style...