Restarting yTK automatically ?

Snurb

Feb 14, 2011, 1:28:45 AM2/14/11
to yourTwapperKeeper
Hi,

quick question from a relative yTK newbie: overall, our yTK install
seems to be working fine, but its archiving processes died overnight -
possibly after a scheduled server restart.

Other than manually checking at regular intervals whether yTK's
processes are still running, is there any automated way to keep them
running (e.g. to restart them after a server reboot) ? Some kind of
cron script, perhaps ?

Many thanks in advance.

Axel Bruns

Snurb

Feb 25, 2011, 11:00:11 PM2/25/11
to yourTwapperKeeper
Seeing as nobody responded - here's what we've been able to work out:

In our server environment (at a large Australian university), the
Apache server is restarted regularly - at least once per week, as a
logrotate is executed, as well as whenever any server changes need to
be made. Twapperkeeper's archiving processes do not restart
automatically as Apache restarts.

The solution we've come up with: we've created a copy of the
startarchiving.php script which is identical to startarchiving, except
for removing the code block that checks whether the user is an
administrator (below the '// Ensure user is an administrator' comment
in the PHP script).

This new script is called automatically after Apache restarts (I won't
describe here how to set this up - ask your server admin), and
restarts the archiving processes. This minimises any archiving outages
purely to the time that Apache itself is down.

Hope this helps some people here - certainly was a significant issue
for us at first.

Axel Bruns

sapna zol

Sep 22, 2014, 4:43:25 AM9/22/14
to yourtwap...@googlegroups.com
hii
actually i dnt know what is the problem
í am trying to figure it out since 6 hrs
wht happening is whn i run the yourtwapperkeeper it creates archiev but it doesnt start archieving

dont kno whts the prob
evrytime i create archieve it shows count as 0.

please help me thru this
thanks in adv