What does xuggle-xuggler-red5.jar do?

Antoni Jakubiak

Jan 28, 2009, 4:56:28 PM1/28/09
to xuggler-users
Hi!

On my Windows Vista machine I run Red5 0.8RC2:
http://blog.xuggle.com/2009/01/28/red5-08-rc2-first-candidate-build/

I try to install xuggle-xuggler-red5.
It's start working after renaming "libxuggle-xuggler-1.dll" to "xuggle-
xuggler.dll" in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Xuggle\bin".

I see a lot of profiler logs.
I can connect to: rtmp://localhost/videotranscoder
I can publish live stream.
I can play live (published) stream.
But, their both are similar. Nothing special happened. I was expecting
something like: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=L7dk4s4ronk&eurl=http://www.xuggle.com/

I check Tanscoder code:
http://code.google.com/p/xuggle/source/browse/trunk/java/xuggle-xuggler-red5/src/com/xuggle/red5/Transcoder.java

Does Transcoder do any special effect's on stream?

Regards,
Antoni Jakubiak

Art Clarke

Jan 28, 2009, 5:39:25 PM1/28/09
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
answers inline

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Antoni Jakubiak
<antoni....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On my Windows Vista machine I run Red5 0.8RC2:
> http://blog.xuggle.com/2009/01/28/red5-08-rc2-first-candidate-build/
>
> I try to install xuggle-xuggler-red5.
> It's start working after renaming "libxuggle-xuggler-1.dll" to "xuggle-
> xuggler.dll" in
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Xuggle\bin".

That shouldn't happen; we should find libxuggle-xuggler-1.dll just
fine provided you've set up your %PATH% variable correctly, or if
you've used the windows installer AND REBOOTED. Did you do that?
Please let me know.

> I see a lot of profiler logs.
> I can connect to: rtmp://localhost/videotranscoder
> I can publish live stream.
> I can play live (published) stream.
> But, their both are similar. Nothing special happened. I was expecting
> something like: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=L7dk4s4ronk&eurl=http://www.xuggle.com/

Try playing back the live stream, but putting "xuggle_" in front of
the stream name and let me know what you see. For example, if you
published your stream as "antoni", try playing back "xuggle_antoni".

> I check Tanscoder code:
> http://code.google.com/p/xuggle/source/browse/trunk/java/xuggle-xuggler-red5/src/com/xuggle/red5/Transcoder.java
>
> Does Transcoder do any special effect's on stream?

Transcoder itself doesn't do any special effects, but it allows
listeners to modify decoded data. The videotranscoder demo source
code modifies the frame as an example before the Transcoder re-encodes
it. Let me know if it works for you.

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu‧ggle (zŭ' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and video.

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFMPEG in Java.

Antoni Jakubiak

Jan 29, 2009, 4:33:37 AM1/29/09
to xuggler-users

On 28 Sty, 23:39, Art Clarke <acla...@xuggle.com> wrote:
> answers inline
>
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Antoni Jakubiak
>
> <antoni.jakub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
>
> > On my Windows Vista machine I run Red5 0.8RC2:
> >http://blog.xuggle.com/2009/01/28/red5-08-rc2-first-candidate-build/
>
> > I try to install xuggle-xuggler-red5.
> > It's start working after renaming "libxuggle-xuggler-1.dll" to "xuggle-
> > xuggler.dll" in
> > C:\Program Files (x86)\Xuggle\bin".
>
> That shouldn't happen; we should find libxuggle-xuggler-1.dll just
> fine provided you've set up your %PATH% variable correctly, or if
> you've used the windows installer AND REBOOTED.  Did you do that?
> Please let me know.

Now it works without renaming. I don't know what happened.
I use Vista 64bit, cygwin and 32bit Java:

$ export | grep HOME
declare -x JAVA_HOME="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jdk1.6.0_10"
declare -x RED5_HOME="c:\\Java\\Xuggle\\Xuggle-Red5"
declare -x XUGGLE_HOME="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Xuggle"

> > I see a lot of profiler logs.
> > I can connect to: rtmp://localhost/videotranscoder
> > I can publish live stream.
> > I can play live (published) stream.
> > But, their both are similar. Nothing special happened. I was expecting
> > something like:http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=L7dk4s4ronk&eurl=http://www.xuggle.com/
>
> Try playing back the live stream, but putting "xuggle_" in front of
> the stream name and let me know what you see.  For example, if you
> published your stream as "antoni", try playing back "xuggle_antoni".

OK it works!!! With prefix: xuggler_
I see splitted screen with left side in black and white.

Thanks!!!

Regards
Antoni Jakubiak