xuggler-1.15-RC1 windows installer is broken

Art Clarke

Jan 13, 2009, 2:47:52 PM1/13/09
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

There have been two reported issues with the windows build and both
point to a bad ffmpeg build we included in our installer. To work
around while waiting for a patch, do the following:

1) Run our installer and install into the default location.
2) Download the following unofficial ffmpeg build (r16537) from here:
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/builds/shared/ffmpeg-r16537-gpl-shared-win32.tar.bz2
3) use bunzip2 to unzip and tar -xvf to untar
4) copy the contents of the bin directory to c:\Program
Files\Xuggle\bin (or wherever you installed Xuggle).

That should work around the current issues. We're going to try to
have the next release candidate fix this issue. AFAIK Linux and Mac
installations are working (although some folks are having trouble with
"ant compile-tests" on Mac). Let me know if that's not the case?

- Art

legege

Jan 14, 2009, 9:26:46 AM1/14/09
to xuggler-users
Hum, workaround doesn't work here.

On Jan 13, 2:47 pm, "Art Clarke" <acla...@xuggle.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> There have been two reported issues with the windows build and both
> point to a bad ffmpeg build we included in our installer.  To work
> around while waiting for a patch, do the following:
>
> 1) Run our installer and install into the default location.
> 2) Download the following unofficial ffmpeg build (r16537) from here:http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/builds/shared/ffmpeg-r16537-gpl-shared-win...

Art Clarke

Jan 14, 2009, 9:47:17 AM1/14/09
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
are you seeing the same problem with the red5 transcoder (the work around fixed that for us yesterday).

on a related note, farenheit reports a potential fix for this issue that we'll be trying today, and if that works, we'll use it as the basis for RC2 (btw, RC2's main purpose is to fix this issue).

hang in there.

any word from linux users or mac users on whether they can successfully decode and encode files yet?

- Art

legege

Jan 14, 2009, 10:19:01 AM1/14/09
to xuggler-users
Yes, I'm using the Red5 transcoder, and I got the same issue this
morning (this is general though, Java is crashing; I don't know if
it's for the same reason).

I can wait for RC2 :) If I have time, I'll try on a Mac or Linux too.

Thanks!