RC Tools 4.3 for SAP not instaling correctly in Workgroup?

Tim Crowson

Feb 1, 2011, 3:34:20 PM2/1/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I'm using the recently compiled RC Tools 4.3 for SAP. If I install the addon locally, everything works perfectly well. But if we put it into our workgroup, the custom preference doesn't get installed (and the help file link breaks too).

This is assuming a full un-install from the User directory before placing in a studio workgroup.

So for now, it seems we can only use these handy-dandy selection tools if they're installed locally. Anyone have any idea how we can get the workgroup variety to install completely?

--

Tim Crowson
Asset Artist

Magnetic Dreams Animation Studio, Inc.
2525 Lebanon Pike, Building C. Nashville, TN 37214
Ph  615.885.6801 | Fax  615.889.4768 | www.magneticdreams.com
t...@magneticdreams.com

Stephen Blair

Feb 1, 2011, 4:55:19 PM2/1/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Installing on a network share is different:

rcCustomFilters must be added to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) if the addon is installed to a network share.

Double-click registerFilters.bat to do so.

Restart XSI or File > Plugin Manager > Tree > Update All to complete the installation.

The help file location appears to be hard-coded to the User location.

[cid:image0...@01CBC230.CEE9F910]

Magnetic Dreams Animation Studio, Inc.
2525 Lebanon Pike, Building C. Nashville, TN 37214

Ph 615.885.6801 | Fax 615.889.4768 | www.magneticdreams.com<http://www.magneticdreams.com>
t...@magneticdreams.com<mailto:t...@magneticdreams.com>

image001.gif