Save UV Stamp via Python

Jared Glass

Nov 24, 2011, 7:50:46 AM11/24/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi There

I'm trying to write a script that saves a stamp of an object's UVs against black.

Manually you:
select the geometry
press alt-7 for the texture editor
click the Clips menu
import clip - find black img to use as bg
and then file menu
export clip

The only thing is the texturers have to do this for many pieces of geometry which becomes quite time consuming so I've been asked to automate the process.
I cant seem to find any help in the xsi documentation or anywhere else online.

Anyone have any ideas or code that does something similar (I just need the load black img and export clip bits of code)?

--
Kind Regards,
Jared Glass

Compositing TD | Digital Media Generalist | Technical Artist
Triggerfish Animation Studios

Jared Glass

Stefan Kubicek

Nov 24, 2011, 8:55:23 AM11/24/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com, Jared Glass
Kim Aldis once sent me a Python plugin for Softimage that would export a UV set as an EPS file for import into Photoshop.
The nice thing is that the EPS will import into Pshop as lines and is thus resolution independant.
It's not posted on his web site anymore, by I guess it's ok to post it here, see attachment.
Maybe it contains bits that are useful to you.

Stefan

> Hi There
>
> I'm trying to write a script that saves a stamp of an object's UVs
> against black.
>
> Manually you:
> select the geometry
> press alt-7 for the texture editor
> click the Clips menu
> import clip - find black img to use as bg
> and then file menu
> export clip
>
> The only thing is the texturers have to do this for many pieces of
> geometry which becomes quite time consuming so I've been asked to
> automate the process.
> I cant seem to find any help in the xsi documentation or anywhere else
> online.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or code that does something similar (I just need
> the load black img and export clip bits of code)?

Stefan Kubicek Co-founder
keyvis digital imagery
Wehrgasse 9 - Grüner Hof
1050 Vienna Austria
Phone: +43/699/12614231
--- www.keyvis.at ste...@keyvis.at ---
-- This email and its attachments are
--confidential and for the recipient only--

EPSexport.py