New Tool: Select Components From Weight Map

Bradley Gabe

Dec 6, 2010, 11:16:00 AM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
 Hi Folks-

There have been a few implementations of this kind of tool released over the years, here's another one.

The basic functionality is:
  • Select an object with at least 1 weight map
  • Run MCP>Select>Select From Weight Map
  • Pick what kind of component you want to select (points, edges, polygons)
  • Specify the weight map
  • Select the selection rule (greater than, less than, in range)
  • Move the slider
The main gist of this version of the tool is the interactive feedback, as you adjust the slider your selection result changes.
For convenience, I added some buttons to turn weight map display on/off in the currently focused viewport.

http://area.autodesk.com/downloads/scripts/select_from_weightmap_v1_0_0

weightmaptool.jpg

Enjoy!
weightmaptool.jpg

Adam Sale

Dec 6, 2010, 12:20:44 PM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hey Brad. Thats a nifty little helper, especially the interactive refresh...
Great little debugging tool.
weightmaptool.jpg

Bradley Gabe

Dec 6, 2010, 12:23:39 PM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thanks, Adam.
More on the way...
weightmaptool.jpg

Fabricio Chamon

Dec 6, 2010, 5:04:22 PM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
nice! very cool... thanks Brad.

jean-philippe delisle

Dec 6, 2010, 5:18:21 PM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Nice tool!
By the way, I loved your video on bezier curve.
weightmaptool.jpg

Bradley Gabe

Dec 6, 2010, 6:30:01 PM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I've updated the tool into something a bit more powerful, but it looks like The Area doesn't have an easy pathway for me to revise my own submissions. :-)

I guess I'll distribute the new version via a shared google document folder.
weightmaptool.jpg

Eric Thivierge

Dec 6, 2010, 5:44:43 PM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Really nice Brad!

Eric Thivierge
Technical Director
http://www.ethivierge.com
weightmaptool.jpg

Eric Thivierge

Dec 6, 2010, 7:04:10 PM12/6/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
xsidatabase.com lets you update the postings...  :)

Eric Thivierge
Technical Director
http://www.ethivierge.com

weightmaptool.jpg