SP's on subsciption center

Rob Wuijster

Aug 11, 2010, 6:33:23 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I've asked this before, but for the love of anything holy, please add the Softimage SP's on the DL list in the Service Center, in addition to the original releases!
phew.....

rob

Steffen Dünner

Aug 11, 2010, 6:34:57 AM8/11/10
to ro...@casema.nl, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
+1

Cheers
Steffen

--
PGP-ID(RSA): 0xCCE2E989 / 0xE045734C CCE2E989
Fingerprint: 394B 3DA9 9A9A 96C6  3A5A 0595 EF92 EE1F

Stephen Blair

Aug 11, 2010, 6:38:21 AM8/11/10
to ro...@casema.nl, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
An SP is not a Subscription benefit, so it won't show up in the Subscription Center.

The Subscription Center is driven by the asset entitlements in your account.
An SP is not a new asset entitlement.

winmail.dat

Robert Chapman

Aug 11, 2010, 6:42:45 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
eh?  an SP is a Service Pack right?

Stephen Blair

Aug 11, 2010, 6:49:49 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yes. Service Pack.

Dan Yargici

Aug 11, 2010, 6:53:58 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yes, but in that case I think the question would be better phrased as what harm would it do to show the latest service pack downloads in the subscription center?

From personal experience when I've requested that 2011 be installed by the tech guys at a company, despite saying *SP1* 10,000 times and writing *SP1* in all my mails to them, their instinct is to go to the subscription center and download 2011 from there.  It was only when it had been deployed to the entire farm and a number of workstations (including mine) that I noticed and flagged it to them.  The response being "Where do I get the link to that then?".  I had to mail it to them...

So really, what harm is there in having the SP downloads in the same place?

DAN

Steffen Dünner

Aug 11, 2010, 6:56:13 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
OK, there's a new file called "Autodesk Softimage 2011 English Japanese Win 64bit R1" in my subscription center. Never heard of a "R1" version before.
Downloaded it and it has a different filesize. MD5 and part number than the original non SP1 version.

Original 2011:

MID: SFTIM_2011_64bit_EN/JP_242_01
Product name: Autodesk Softimage 2011
Platform: Windows XP/Vista
Media: ESD
Part Number: 590C1-93ZD01-P501E

New "R1" 2011:

MID: SFTIM_2011_64bit_EN/JP_243_01
Product name: Autodesk Softimage 2011
Platform: Windows XP/Vista
Media: ESD
Part Number: 590C1-93ZD01-P502E

2011SP1:

MID: SFTIM_2011_64bit_English_Japanese_91_01
Product name: Autodesk Softimage 2011
Platform: Windows XP/Vista
Media: ESD
Part Number: 590C1-93ZD01-P501E

So, you have to login to download the old plain release but can download the full SP1 update "for free" from the support site?!

Cheers
Steffen

Stefan Andersson

Aug 11, 2010, 7:21:08 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I personally think that a "Subscription benefit" is that you get ALL
downloads. It's just stupid that we need to find SP and hotfixes
outside our subscription area. And as a subscription customer I find
it odd that no one sends out an email to the subscription beholder
that a hotfix/sp/update has been sent out.

CgTalk "news" seems to be the best place to find that information.

regards
stefan andersson

--
Stefan Andersson
Creative

Mad Crew
Roddargatan 8
116 20  Stockholm
SWEDEN

mail: ste...@madcrew.se
phone: +46 (0)8 668 27 13
cell: +46 (0)73 626 8850
web: http://www.madcrew.se

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the
above-mentioned recipient(s). Its content is confidential. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify us immediately and delete
it without making a copy, nor disclosing its content, nor taking any
action based thereon. Thank you.

Morten Bartholdy

Aug 11, 2010, 8:33:13 AM8/11/10
to ro...@casema.nl, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Second that - anything we can download should be listed in the same place
for easy access, so for subscription customers inside the subscription area,
subscription benefit or not.

Morten Bartholdy
3D & VFX Supervisor

Aug 11, 2010, 8:58:28 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thirded! I managed to install 2011 R1 on a couple of machines before I realised it wasn't SP1. Bit silly on my part, but I did think the latest version would be the one available on the subscription centre :)

Stephen Blair

Aug 11, 2010, 9:11:23 AM8/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
It's not a question of harm, it's a question of the automated backend that builds the pages on request.
That's my understanding anyway.

I've raised this issue, and I think a comprise solution would be an e-mail notification, but even that takes time to get going.