centrifugal Force ?

dominik

Mar 9, 2012, 11:27:23 AM3/9/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hey list,

I'm trying to achieve an effect where particle will check if the rotational
force is enough to unstick from this surface. I think it will be base on the
centrifugal Force, but I'm not sure.

Someone know if it has already exist as a compound, if yes where I can find
it? I take a look on wiki about these Physic stuff and it look really
complicated J.

Thanks!

Dominik Kirouac // SHED
artiste 3D

1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E ÉTAGE MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025 <http://www.shedmtl.com/> WWW.SHEDMTL.COM

winmail.dat

patrick nethercoat

Mar 9, 2012, 11:37:58 AM3/9/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You could keep it simple with a velocity check rather than worry about rotation.

wavo

Mar 9, 2012, 11:43:48 AM3/9/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hello,

only testing the velocity!

Walt
--

Walter Volbers
Senior Animator

FIFTYEIGHT 3D
Animation & Digital Effects GmbH

Kontorhaus Osthafen
Lindleystraße 12
60314 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

Telefon +49 (0) 69.48 000 55.50
Telefax +49 (0) 69.48 000 55.15

mailto:wa...@fiftyeight.com
http://www.fiftyeight.com

ESC58
Eine Kooperation der escape GmbH und der FIFTYEIGHT3D GmbH

http://www.ESC58.de

test_velocity1.jpg

dominik

Mar 9, 2012, 11:57:38 AM3/9/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Yep thx, I will go with this J. Simple and effective !

Alok Gandhi

Mar 9, 2012, 2:29:01 PM3/9/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
If I you want to replicate a physical model for this, just make the force equal to particle mass * velocity * velocity / distance between partice and centre of you sphere or whatever circle you are using.

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.