animated weightmaps

瀏覽次數:28 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Stefan Andersson

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨5:40:542012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi All,

There was a little plugin from lamaison a while back which enabled you to use image sequences as weightmaps (if I remember correctly). And if I also remember correctly that one was only availble for Windows.

So...

it would be awesome if it was possible to use a scalar image as a weightmap so that I could animated it and emit particles from that.

So..

any tricks on how to get that to work?

regards
stefan andersson

--

STEFAN ANDERSSON // Creative Director // Mad Crew AB // http://www.madcrew.se

Andreas Bystrom

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨5:43:512012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
well you can just use ice to set a weightmap based on a texture map property no?
--
Andreas Byström
Lighting TD - Weta Digital

Andi Farhall

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨5:45:242012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

ICE?

Get Point Texture Map Color -> color to rgba -> set data on the weightmap

could work?

Stefan Andersson

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨6:49:472012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
The problem with using a texture is that you need an insane amount of polygons for have some detail. It's the main problem with using weightmaps. So I was wondering if there is a way around it. It would be better if it actually could do a texture lookup and see what value the pixel has. Somehow it seems possible, I just don't know where to begin. Or if the ICE tree would be too heavy to calculate.

So a scalar image on a lowres geometry would be the ideal solution.

regards
stefan andersson

Matt Morris

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨6:56:002012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Do a search for pixel partilces on  http://rray.de/xsi/

Should be able to use it to do what you need, though it could be quite heavy. I'd prob just get a local subdivide duplicate mesh with a weightmap on it as a hacky quickfix!

Peter Agg

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨6:57:402012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You could still check a TextureMap and then delete at a certain value on Emit - no need to use weightmaps at all then. The only problem is that you'd have to overload the emittion rate to take into account the fact that you'd be deleting a number of them.

On 6 February 2012 11:49, Stefan Andersson <ste...@madcrew.se> wrote:

Leonard Koch

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨7:02:402012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yep, that's easily possible.
Just create a texturemap on an object, select a projection and an image for the texturemap to use and then build the icetree shown in the image on your object.

Hope this helps.
TextureMapsHowTo.jpg

Sandy Sutherland

未讀,
2012年2月6日 清晨7:03:092012/2/6
收件者:soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
If you use a texture map property - you can bring this into the ICE tree and using closest location of similar - read the value - this is how we are getting texture map colour onto strand fur and feathers!

S.

Sandy Sutherland
Technical Supervisor
sandy.su...@triggerfish.co.za