Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack is ready for download.

Jason Brynford-Jones

Oct 7, 2010, 3:18:34 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Japanese Docs as well

Includes Lagoa and Matchmover ;-)

This download is only available to those on subscription.

Have fun

Chinny

winmail.dat

Jason Brynford-Jones

Oct 7, 2010, 3:24:25 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
winmail.dat

Adam Sale

Oct 7, 2010, 3:24:45 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
yabba dabba doo!!!!

Darren Macpherson

Oct 7, 2010, 3:25:17 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
[

Woohoo!  Damd the fact that I'm not on a fast line to download tonight!!!!  Come on tomorrow!  Thanks the heads up Chinny and well done and thanks to everyone for the hard work over at Autodesk.

darren macpherson | 3d artist | +2772 355 0924 | www.darrenmacpherson.com | dar...@darrenmacpherson.com | skype: darren.macpherson

ThierryBaret

Oct 7, 2010, 3:42:03 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hmm!! Looks like the server is not going to let us all download tonight, there is a 1.4GB to download and it crashes out at 100MB, I guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Thierry

Thomas Helzle

Oct 7, 2010, 4:56:43 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
yeah, same here. 32bit win download works, 64bit breaks down after a
random amount of MBs...

Well... :-)

Cheers,

Thomas

Robert Chapman

Oct 7, 2010, 5:22:22 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
shh im on 560mb so far on winx64 don't jinx it! ;)

Daniel H

Oct 7, 2010, 6:30:50 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Downloaded and installed everything just fine... except that I have been unable to import any format at all from MatchMover into Softimage yet. :P

Oscar Juarez

Oct 7, 2010, 6:34:30 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Here is going at a painful 30kb/s...

Rares Halmagean

Oct 7, 2010, 6:56:05 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Nice! Thanks to the guys at autodesk for the hard work.
--
Rares Halmagean
___________________________________

Thomas Helzle

Oct 7, 2010, 7:42:36 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Wow, now with Lagoa it's even more fun to not being able to stop the
simulation with a Wacom.
Fantastic - who wants to stop something that cool anyway!

I also love the error message I get when I start Composite: "Media
cache must be readable and writable" and how smooth it crashes
afterwards.

Now that looks like hours of fun!!!

Cheers,

Thomas Helzle

Luc-Eric Rousseau

Oct 7, 2010, 8:07:13 PM10/7/10
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Thomas Helzle <thomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also love the error message I get when I start Composite: "Media
> cache must be readable and writable" and how smooth it crashes
> afterwards.

odd.. try turning off UAC perhaps

Thomas Helzle

Oct 7, 2010, 8:40:42 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yeah, Composite needs to be started as Administrator. Brilliant!
And that Interface is fantastic - feels like a 1994 Linux simulating
what they thought to be the future back then.

Now after removing "Autodesk" and "Subscription Advantage Pack" from
all Icons, my Desktop somehow looks empty.
Maybe next time all icon names could together tell a Tolstoy novel?
"War and Peace" should easily fit in the Autodesk naming scheme!

Viewcube! YES!!!

Cheers!

Thomas

Stephen Blair

Oct 7, 2010, 9:32:37 PM10/7/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13832535&linkID=9242258

Oct 8, 2010, 1:38:16 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
1.08 Gigs. Almost ready to crash for the 6th time... ;-)

I am hoping that downloading it at midnight (CST) works better.

Sam J. Bowling

Oct 8, 2010, 1:52:12 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Downloaded without a hitch here. Could be your Internet provider has some stability issues?

On 7 October 2010 21:42, ThierryBaret <baret....@neuf.fr> wrote:
> Hmm!! Looks like the server is not going to let us all download tonight,
> there is a 1.4GB to download and it crashes out at 100MB, I guess we'll have
> to wait till tomorrow.
>
> Thierry

Dan Yargici

Oct 8, 2010, 3:18:50 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Do download managers not work with the Autodesk site?  IMO trying to download anything over 100megs without one is asking for trouble... ignoring the fact that they're also 10 times quicker!

OK so Lagoa is out there, does anyone at Soft want to comment on the mysterious disappearance of the Lagoa article on CGTalk?

I won't be able to get my hands on Lagoa for a while, but I'm really keen to hear more about it's development.

DAN

Gerbrand Nel

Oct 8, 2010, 3:57:27 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
A legal torrent would be kinda welcome for this.
Here in Africa we still pay for megabytes :(
So even if it means a bit more bandwidth, a more dependable download would be awesome!!

Rob Wuijster

Oct 8, 2010, 4:14:29 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Run as admin.... really......?

Advising your customers to turn off UAC just to run an app is... well... hmm...
I'm on Win7 and have to yet encounter an app that requires this.
It's been almost 4 years after Vista showed up, really enough time to get that 'run as admin' bit out of the app, wouldn't it??
rob

\/-------------\/----------------\/

Darren Macpherson

Oct 8, 2010, 4:20:28 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
[

I second that.

Sandy Sutherland

Oct 8, 2010, 4:43:30 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Orbit Downloader is YOUR friend!!  :-)

Also uncapped 4m line - currently 192k download speed - (don't laugh the rest of the world - for SA that is good)

S.

Robert Chapman

Oct 8, 2010, 4:52:38 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
love the curl noise btw!

Rob

Darren Macpherson

Oct 8, 2010, 5:15:09 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Gerbrand and I are coming over to you house to download Sandy :-)

Sandy Sutherland

Oct 8, 2010, 5:22:58 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I wish - I am talking about at work - at home still on 384 adsl - would take a month!!  :'(

S.

Gerbrand Nel

Oct 8, 2010, 5:42:00 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
well thanks for the orbit tip, seems to be going a bit better now :)

Oh and personally, I would set the dogs on Darren if he rocks up at my house demanding bandwidth.

Sandy Sutherland

Oct 8, 2010, 5:54:15 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
At least you can resume - and orbit grabs more speed than a normal download!!

Will do - ROFL - where is he anyway - where are you Darren???

S.

Darren Macpherson

Oct 8, 2010, 6:54:37 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
[

I'm waiting outside your house Sandy!  Whahaha!  I'm down in CT again, Conduit, I'll try pop past if I get mo, see what you guys are up to, tight schedule as always.  As for Gerbrand, way to make me feel like a Power Cardinal :-D         I'll remember that next time we're on a job together!

Sandy Sutherland

Oct 8, 2010, 7:33:51 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You do know I am no longer with BG???  Am at Triggerfish now - doing an awesome cool kickass movie!!  Come by and check it out!!

S.

Arvid Björn

Oct 8, 2010, 8:34:48 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
VIEWCUBE? REALLY? - Disabled.

So is the Color Sampler fixed yet? Can't get it to work. Otherwise, nice update :)
--
lead 3d artist | stockholm.postproduction | www.stopp.se

Gerbrand Nel

Oct 8, 2010, 11:42:13 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
ok Sandy.. not sure how you've set up your "orbit" but its not my friend!!! no resume whatsoever!!
Can we get that torrent please??
Or at least make the download resume friendly

Sandy Sutherland

Oct 8, 2010, 11:54:05 AM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
LOL - I found that too - I suspect it has something to do with logins etc.... at least it speeds it up - downloading the 32 bit version getting 325k speed!!

S.

Thomas Helzle

Oct 8, 2010, 2:17:06 PM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I can reliably crash Softimage 2011 SAP by just using file open and
then try to get to the root folder of my installation drive by using
the "up" arrow in the file open UI.
The software is installed in C:\Grafik\Autodesk\... and I can go up
from the factory examples up to C:\Grafik, but hitting the arrow once
more crashes XSI every time.

Can anybody reproduce this?

Cheers,

Thomas Helzle

Robert Chapman

Oct 8, 2010, 2:24:41 PM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
nope doesn't happen here winXP64 Installation path E:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack if I keep pressing up it takes me to Desktop and stops there showing all the drives.

Thomas Helzle

Oct 8, 2010, 2:52:35 PM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
The composite intro movies don't work here. If I click on one of the
links shown when I open composite, Opera (my browser of choice) opens
5 web pages of rather questionable content... None of them related to
composite.

And yes, I can open them by hand from the harddrive.

Thank you.

Thomas Helzle

Stephen Blair

Oct 8, 2010, 3:07:11 PM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

I know one other customer who reported that problem (on 64-bit, not 32-bit).
We couldn’t reproduce or track down why.

nope doesn't happen here winXP64 Installation path E:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack if I keep pressing up it takes me to Desktop and stops there showing all the drives.

winmail.dat

Thomas Helzle

Oct 8, 2010, 3:19:22 PM10/8/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
64 Bit Composite, Win7 Pro 64 Bit, UAC on, but running as
Administrator since otherwise Composite will not start, no matter
where the media cache is set to...
Just tried the 32 Bit Composite as well - there it only opens 4
unrelated pages... ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas Helzle

On 8 October 2010 21:07, Stephen Blair <Stephe...@autodesk.com> wrote:

> I know one other customer who reported that problem (on 64-bit, not 32-bit).

> We couldn�t reproduce or track down why.

Tim Leydecker

Oct 9, 2010, 6:56:24 AM10/9/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
First off,

thanks for the update. One, two question:

Is it considered save to use 2011.5 alongside 2011?

Are 2011.5 and 2011 compatible, scenefile wise?

I�ve to plan ahead - working freelance - with various
clients and would like to prevent myself from ending
up incompatible to their 2010/2011 pipelines.

Cheers

tim

Rob Wuijster

Oct 9, 2010, 7:35:11 AM10/9/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi Tim,

It's in the release notes somewhere, but afaik scenes are compatible between 2011 and 2011.5.
Specific differences are ignored/filtered out in 2011.

Check the notes to be sure ;-)
Rob Wuijster
E ro...@casema.nl

\/-------------\/----------------\/

On 10/9/2010 12:56 PM, Tim Leydecker wrote:
First off,

thanks for the update. One, two question:

Is it considered save to use 2011.5 alongside 2011?

Are 2011.5 and 2011 compatible, scenefile wise?

I´ve to plan ahead - working freelance - with various
clients and would like to prevent myself from ending
up incompatible to their 2010/2011 pipelines.

Cheers

tim
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.862 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3185 - Release Date: 10/08/10 20:34:00

Raffaele Fragapane

Oct 9, 2010, 9:39:23 AM10/9/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Only did very, very sketchy and cursorily testing, but what I've seen insofar, with the exception of ops (empoly), nodes (lagoa etc.), and rigs (stereocams) which are version dependent, models and scenes seem to move back and forth fine.
Wouldn't stake a job on it, but "it should be ok"(tm)

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Tim Leydecker <baue...@gmx.de> wrote:
First off,

thanks for the update. One, two question:

Is it considered save to use 2011.5 alongside 2011?

Are 2011.5 and 2011 compatible, scenefile wise?

I´ve to plan ahead - working freelance - with various

Tim Leydecker

Oct 9, 2010, 12:28:44 PM10/9/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thanks for the info, guys.

I can�t find info/release notes for Softimage 2011(.5) ASP anywhere
in my installdirectories or the autodesk website, feel a bit stupid.

That aside, whoa, all those new toys!

Cheers

tim

P.S: For people like me, not getting the Toxik/Composite documentation to open:
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/composite2011_userguide.pdf

Stephen Blair

Oct 9, 2010, 1:03:36 PM10/9/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi

The fix list and the known problems documents were available from the page where you downloaded the Subscription Advantage Pack.

Oct 9, 2010, 1:38:57 PM10/9/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Ah,

thanks Steve. I just searched everything and everywhere for "release notes".

The Fixed List and KPL are right there, indeed.

Cheers

tim

P.S: Awesome stuff.

Michal Doniec

Oct 11, 2010, 5:45:38 AM10/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hmm not showing up on our subscription page - any ideas?
--
----------
Michal

Brent McPherson

Oct 11, 2010, 6:38:50 AM10/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi Raffaele,

The stereo camera rig is a plugin so you should be able to install the plugin into 2011 which would allow stereo scenes to move back and forth.

You just won't get the stereo UI, viewing modes etc.
--
Brent

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Tim Leydecker <baue...@gmx.de<mailto:baue...@gmx.de>> wrote:
First off,

thanks for the update. One, two question:

Is it considered save to use 2011.5 alongside 2011?

Are 2011.5 and 2011 compatible, scenefile wise?

I´ve to plan ahead - working freelance - with various
clients and would like to prevent myself from ending
up incompatible to their 2010/2011 pipelines.

Cheers

tim

________________________________

Autodesk Limited
Registered Office: 1 Meadow Gate Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6FG
Registered in England and Wales, No. 1839239

winmail.dat

Oscar Juarez

Oct 11, 2010, 9:06:18 AM10/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
is your subscription page in English? mine was in Spanish and wasn't showing I had to change the account settings to English or use chinny's direct link.

Oscar Juarez
Cg Supervisor

Michal Doniec

Oct 11, 2010, 9:21:45 AM10/11/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yes, English, I also used the link, points to non existing page..