Has anybody ever compiled RCTools 4.2 for 64bit?

Bryan Naegele

Feb 27, 2009, 2:14:40 PM2/27/09
to XSI Mailing List
I have looked everywhere and never found one but I did find back in the
list last year that Gene Crucean had compiled a couple of Reinhard's
tools. 4.1 is great but I would love to have 4.2 for its pattern
selection.

Thanks

Gene Crucean

Feb 27, 2009, 2:19:01 PM2/27/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I would be happy to do it if I had the source.

--
Gene Crucean
CafeFX

Main email: genecrucean [at] gmail [dot] com

Luc-Eric Rousseau

Feb 28, 2009, 11:19:13 PM2/28/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
where can I get rctools 4.1 64-bit now? All I'm finding onlinelinks
to nycg.org, but the site appears dead. rray.de doesn't have the
64-bit version

er

Reinhard Claus

Mar 1, 2009, 8:57:16 AM3/1/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi! I've added 4.1 to the zip on rray.de, also am going to post 4.2's
sources here, once I find them on my old computer.
Til soon

Luc-Eric Rousseau

Mar 1, 2009, 4:11:07 PM3/1/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
thanks.. and where can one find the official documentation?

Bryan Naegele

Mar 1, 2009, 7:35:53 PM3/1/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Excellent!  Thanks Reinhard.

Reinhard Claus

Mar 2, 2009, 2:56:22 AM3/2/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
The rctools and wire-d zips now include the sources and the
documentation. Let me know in case something doesn't work,or is still
missing!

Reinhard Claus

Mar 2, 2009, 9:25:06 AM3/2/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
That might be an internet browser cache problem.
I just had the source-less zip here as well when clicking on that
link, but after clearing the cache it loaded the new archive with the
source

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Bryan Naegele <yo...@fourthtime.com> wrote:
> I see the wire-d zip with the source code or rray.de but
> http://rray.de/xsi/bak/rray/rctools.zip only has the addon and not the
> source.

Bryan Naegele

Mar 2, 2009, 9:15:19 AM3/2/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I see the wire-d zip with the source code or rray.de but http://rray.de/xsi/bak/rray/rctools.zip only has the addon and not the source.

Bryan Naegele

Mar 2, 2009, 9:35:59 AM3/2/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Got it.

Thanks Reinhard!

Bryan Naegele

Mar 3, 2009, 4:16:35 PM3/3/09
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi all,

I compiled x64 versions for everything.  I'm not sure that was entirely necessary on the Filters plugin (can you just compile C# plugins configured for AnyCPU since it's .NET and be OK?) but I did it anyways since I had to recompile it for 7.01 anyways.

I also included a .bat and gacutil.exe to register the filters plugin if the addon is going to be installed to a network workgroup.  Run the bat and you should be good to go after restarting XSI.

If anything is messed up please let me know.  It's my first time.  =)

http://www.fourthtime.com/xsi/RCTools.42.xsiaddon for 7.01 (XSI version 7.0.698.0)

Also, if anyone can point me to or tell me how to compile C# assemblies for older versions I'd appreciate it and compile it for older versions.

Thanks again for making the source available, Reinhard.