Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Chris Marshall

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 08:12:2317-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
This is off topic, but as the list is pretty quiet...
I needed to work with an ICE tree made a while ago, and was slightly shocked to see what a mess I'd left it in.
Maybe some tidying up is required!?!

..as you were...

icetreegonebad.jpg

christian keller

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 08:31:0717-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
thats the negative side of the positive side ;-)
you can do things in a very short time, then you to fix something, after
that you fix the the fix.
quite astonishing what youre able to achieve in a short time, perfect
for the commercial sector.

but, if you�ve got to open that project again, a couple of weeks later
it could be like reading hieroglyphs.

christian keller
visual effects|direction

+49 0179 69 36 248
chr...@gmx.de

kim aldis

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 08:48:5617-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Wouldn't it be kinder to just burn it? ;-)

> <icetreegonebad.jpg>

Chris Marshall

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 09:17:0517-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Indeed! I'm still trying to figure out what does what!

John Richard Sanchez

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 09:28:1117-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I just love the name of the topic. :)
--
John Richard Sanchez
www.johnrichardsanchez.com

Eric Lampi

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 09:53:5017-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

It's the CG equivalent of opening your refridgerator and wondering what the hell that thing is in the back with all the green hair on it.

Kill it before it starts looking for Sara Conner.

Freelance 3-D Animator, F/X Artist

Christopher Tedin

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 09:57:0917-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Wow, ICE has gotten REALLY powerful in this new version... ;-)

I like a nice complex network. Looks like you're actually doing something. You can't really impress anyone with those dumb "compounds". 3 nodes? Beh. Anyone can do that! ;-)

...as you were.

...Kill it before it starts looking for Sara Conner.

Chris Marshall

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 10:06:1817-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Exactly! This particular tree doesn't actually do anything, I just randomly connected loads of nodes together to impress. Clients love it! Then I load up the Little Dude Character and tell them I just built him with ICE!

Joe Williamsen

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 10:06:3417-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
It's a new joint FOX / BBC TV series....

Alan Fregtman

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 10:58:1117-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Group Comment nodes are your friend. :)

Chris Marshall

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 11:03:2617-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Actually you can see I started to use those in this tree, about 6 of them. Then I stopped and things just got out of hand!

kim aldis

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 13:30:3917-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Or you could go for a controlled explosion. Leave it lying around at a railway station, someone'll step up and do it for you.

Adam Seeley

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 17:59:0917-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
It knows you're talking about it.....

Sleep tight.

A.

winmail.dat

Matt

ongelezen,
17 jun 2010, 19:41:0917-06-2010
aan soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I could also start a parallel thread called "when render trees go bad" !! I've had a few of those...

;)

--
Matt

Allen beantwoorden