Firefox in Assamese

অমিতাক্ষ ফুকন

Apr 28, 2009, 6:48:35 AM4/28/09
to শব্দ সংঘ - XOBDO
Hello all,

In the last month, I worked on localization of Firefox 3.5 and the
results are here for its beta 4 release:

Windows build : http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.5b4&os=win&lang=as
Mac OS Build : http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.5b4&os=osx&lang=as
Linux build : http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.5b4&os=linux&lang=as

My Assamese is not a very standard/perfect one, but I am trying my
level best. Please feel free to contact me with your suggestions to
improve the quality of translations and more important, please feel
free to join me in this effort. All are welcome.

With best wishes,
Amit.

p.s:

1. Mac users may have to download the Assamese fonts from Ekushey to
view the Assamese words : http://ekushey.org/?page/osx_fonts

Manjil Saikia

Apr 30, 2009, 10:21:56 AM4/30/09
to xo...@googlegroups.com

Thats very good of you, will ;let u know if any bugs are found!
2009/4/28 অমিতাক্ষ ফুকন <amitakh...@gmail.com>

--
Manjil P. Saikia (+91 98543 73077)
E-Mail: man...@googolplexideas.com

http://googolplexideas.com
http://ThePiZone.com

Disclaimer: This email and its attachments(if any) are intended for the person addressed and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy/show/retain/ distribute them to anyone. This E-mail has been sent with knowledge that Internet is not a safe medium.

bik98

May 1, 2009, 3:53:13 PM5/1/09
to শব্দ সংঘ - XOBDO, amitakh...@gmail.com
অমিতাক্ষ,
অভিনন্দন !!
ফায়াৰফক্সৰ অসমীয়া সংকৰণটো বৰ ভাল হৈছে| মই সফলতাৰে ইয়াক download কৰি
মোৰ পৰিকলন যন্ত্ৰত স্থাপন কৰিব পাৰিলো|
মই কেৱল ফন্টটো নাম আৰু আকাৰ সলাব লগীয়া হৈছিল|

কিছুমান ক্ষেত্ৰত অৱশ্য 'অসমীয়াত্ব' বঢ়াব পৰা যায় যেন লাগে| যেনে-
'ইতিহাস' শব্দটোৰ সলনি 'বুৰঞ্জী' ব্যৱহাৰ কৰিলে 'বেছি অসমীয়া' হ'ব বুলি
ভাৱো| আৰু তেনে কিবা মনলৈ আহিলে তোমাক জনাম|

ইতি...
বিক্ৰম

Amitakhya Phukan

May 4, 2009, 1:37:46 AM5/4/09
to bik98, শব্দ সংঘ - XOBDO
Hello,

Sorry to write an "English" reply to your mail. :)

First of all, thanks a lot for your appreciation. I will certainly make
the changes that you recommend.

For that, you (and anyone and everyone reading this mail) need to do
just one simple thing. Whenever, you find something that is
inappropriately translated or whenever you find some translations that
can be "improved" for a better "quality", please do file a bug in the
appropriate bug component. For example, in this case, you can file a bug
against Assamese translations in the Mozilla bugzilla. That will ensure
that the bug gets directed to me and we can keep a track of the progress
made in the bug. That is the general practice being adopted all around.

You are absolutely correct in what you wrote. I have used both the words
in the translations. Whereas, the meaning is the same and correct, the
"feeling" of the correct word is not the same. Therefore, I had
requested for a review and test. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Looking for more mails (and probably more bugs :) ) from you all,

With regards,
Amit.

p.s: I have seen many of our friends using "pipe .. |" instead of the
"dari .. ।". Can I help here ?

bik98

May 4, 2009, 8:44:53 AM5/4/09
to শব্দ সংঘ - XOBDO
> p.s: I have seen many of our friends using "pipe .. |" instead of the
> "dari .. ।". Can I help here ?

Yes, please... I often get confused between the two.

Amitakhya Phukan

May 6, 2009, 2:30:03 AM5/6/09
to xo...@googlegroups.com
Well, it seems that either the font file that you are using doesn't have the "dari" in it or if it does have the "dari", then the keyboard layout that you are using doesn't have the "dari" mapped to any character. You might like to have a check with that and maybe you can then solve it. in case of the keyboard layout, it will be easy to change it. but if it is a font case, then you might like to try some other font.

Regards,
Amit.