[ANNOUNCE] Released xnoise v0.1.31

shuerhaaken

Jan 20, 2012, 11:47:14 AM1/20/12
to xno...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

xnoise media player v0.1.31 and it's plugins are released.

Now, xnoise is a Gtk3 application. The port has been finished. The
latest Gt2 version can be pulled from the gtk2 branch in the mercurial
repository on googlecode.

I originally planned to do a xnoise-0.2 release, but because of the big
changes I decided to do an interim release 0.1.31 before 0.2.

NEWS
* port xnoise to gtk+-3.0
* add option for disabling video subtitles
* stop using uris for the title search
* mediabrowser: gtk3 compatible font rendering with linebreaks
* update some translation
* lastfm plugin: make scrobbling optional (cover fetching can be used
without logging an user into lastfm)
* remove deprecated HBox/VBox widgets
* use icons for drag'n'drop
* drop dependency to libunique (now gio's application class)
* introduce gtk2 branch in version control
* remove old versions of notification and soundmenu plugin
* many bug fixes

Thanks to helpers and translators!

Regards
Jörn

Sérgio Marques

Jan 20, 2012, 12:49:25 PM1/20/12
to xno...@googlegroups.com

2012/1/20 shuerhaaken <shuer...@googlemail.com>

Dear all,

xnoise media player v0.1.31 and it's plugins are released.

Are You planning release for natty ppa?

regards

--
Sérgio Marques

shuerhaaken

Jan 20, 2012, 1:50:04 PM1/20/12
to xno...@googlegroups.com
Just uploaded. I'm not sure the build will succeed.
Regards,
Jörn

shuerhaaken

Jan 21, 2012, 7:54:19 AM1/21/12
to xno...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sérgio
I made especially for you a slightly modified version, which builds for
natty (no notifications plugin). It is in ppa now.
Can you test that? Maybe on your kids machine?
Regards
Jörn

Sérgio Marques

Jan 21, 2012, 9:29:24 AM1/21/12
to xno...@googlegroups.com

2012/1/21 shuerhaaken <shuer...@googlemail.com>

Hello Sérgio
I made especially for you a slightly modified version, which builds for
natty (no notifications plugin). It is in ppa now.
Can you test that? Maybe on your kids machine?
Regards
Jörn

I´ll try it.

--
Sérgio Marques

Sérgio Marques

Jan 23, 2012, 2:31:19 PM1/23/12
to xno...@googlegroups.com

2012/1/21 Sérgio Marques <smarq...@gmail.com>

2012/1/21 shuerhaaken <shuer...@googlemail.com>
Hello Sérgio
I made especially for you a slightly modified version, which builds for
natty (no notifications plugin). It is in ppa now.
Can you test that? Maybe on your kids machine?
Regards
Jörn

First impression. Update went fine. All  tracks remain. Look doesn´t retain desktop theme. Open location does not work

--
Sérgio Marques

shuerhaaken

Jan 24, 2012, 4:21:29 AM1/24/12
to xnoise
ok. Thanks!
There seems to be a general problem with 'open loacation'. I never use
that feature. Nobody reported a bug. Maybe it never worked?

Regards

On 23 Jan., 20:31, Sérgio Marques <smarque...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/21 Sérgio Marques <smarque...@gmail.com>

Francisco Pérez Cuadrado

Jan 24, 2012, 11:43:41 PM1/24/12
to xno...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm doing test with Open Uri feature and this work fine when i start playig with "Play" button, but when i do double click to playlist item this not work.

Best reggards,

Francisco Pérez.