Status of XNAT 1.4

Timothy Olsen

Dec 28, 2009, 10:58:48 PM12/28/09
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

We are releasing one additional Release Candidate of XNAT 1.4.  There will be no additional features added to the codebase before the final release (currently scheduled for the end of January).  We will continue to resolve any bugs as they are identified.

The new branch name is : xnat_1_4rc3

The major contents of this release are bug fixes.  However, there have been a number of features added:

More robust QC modeling via xnat:qcManualAssessorData.

New ‘columns’ variable for REST based listings (more details to follow).

LDAP support (more details to follow) .

Improved memory footprint and efficiency.

Refactored Search UI in the listing engine.

XNAT central has been updated to this codebase.  Please try it out and give us your comments/bug notices.

Tim

anda

Jan 4, 2010, 9:59:09 AM1/4/10
to xnat_discussion
Happy New Year!

I have spend about 20 minutes to test the new central version. I have
noticed the improved interface - I like the new look of listing
display.

Few notes:

#1. create new project - list of investigators
I do not think that the list of investigators should be available for
all users.
I have created an account with username "testxnat" - my account was
enabled right away and I can add any investigator to my newly created
project. I wonder what scientist X will say when he/she is gonna find
out that he is an investigator in project "xyz" . Probably it would be
better to have an “invite investigator” logic or “enable
investigators” by admin.

#3. create new project - description
Project description does not wrap in textbox on display page.(at least
in chrome) - see attached project-desc.jpg

#4.create new subject
- Education - for me integer value does not have any meaning - a brief
description will be useful.

#5. Subject listing

Add new column - I was trying to add the PI - the column shows up in
the listing , but the value does not show up.

#6. Uploading imaging data - java heap space. - see attached -
uploading_imagingData.jpeg

I intend to test today the new webservices.
Thank you and you've done a great job - as usual :).
Anda

Shuhua Wu

Jan 4, 2010, 5:04:45 PM1/4/10
to xnat_discussion
I tried to install and update rc3. It seemed build.properties was
ignored. It created project "xnat" although I set
xdat.project.name=demo, it then deployed to $CATALINA_HOME although
maven.appserver.home is different than $CATALINA_HOME

Shuhua

Timothy Olsen

Jan 4, 2010, 7:40:47 PM1/4/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
This doesn't match the behaviour I've seen.

Is there a chance there is another build.properties on your path? Possibly in the user's home directory. We recently discovered painfully that a build.properties file in the user's home directory will override the one in the XNAT_HOME directory. I'm not sure how we will prevent that, but we need to.

Tim

oh yeah. There is build.properties in home directory.