Medical Imagining Processes Descriptors

Marco Ruiz

Dec 13, 2008, 2:47:20 PM12/13/08
to xnat_discussion, mr...@ncmir.ucsd.edu
Hi all,

I am developing a system to run in parallel (on the grid) a group of
medical imaging processes ("experiments") and am working on ways for
an end user to describe them. Currently, I am working on XML based
ways to do so (read the descriptions of the experiments from XML files
based on embedded knowledge of their XSD).

I have no experience with medical imaging or its standards/community;
so I was wondering if I can be assisted into collecting any industry/
community XML schemas that fit the profile of my goal; along with some
knowledge on how to interpret them in order to map their conforming
XMLs to experiments.

These experiments basically are inter-independent process runs of a
particular algorithm over a collection of parameters which include
algorithmic parameter exploration set and/or image set.

As an example, right now I am testing a rudimentary case where I run
Slicer's bSpline deformable registration
of a hardcoded image against images from the OASIS database which
identifiers are read from this file:

http://www.gridwizardenterprise.org/test/oasis-id.xcat

I would appreciate any assistance I can get for this task,

Thanks,
Marco Ruiz.