Who can replace LS Micro?

Keith Diehl

May 14, 2005, 8:20:16 PM5/14/05
What's the local store of choice for cables and computer parts
now that LS Micro is no more?

Ray

May 16, 2005, 5:44:44 PM5/16/05
Keith Diehl wrote:
> What's the local store of choice for cables and computer parts
> now that LS Micro is no more?
The last couple of times I had to get some items local I went to Cyber
Exchange in Roy (5317 S 1900 W, just south of the junction of Riverdale
Road and Main/State street just north of the KFC/A&W and Warren's
restaurants). They treated me *much* better than EBC Computers did.
Have not been there for about 9 months, but I think they are still there
from driving by.

GMAN

May 17, 2005, 12:45:06 AM5/17/05
OK, what happened to LS Micro?. I'd give them my business anyday over EBC

Rocky

May 17, 2005, 1:08:21 AM5/17/05
Keith Diehl wrote:
> What's the local store of choice for cables and computer parts
> now that LS Micro is no more?
Universal Systems is pretty good.
http://www.usicomputer.com/

Travis R. Pugmire

May 17, 2005, 1:31:46 AM5/17/05
I like Software & More in Salt Lake (Holiday) at 4716 S Highland Dr.,
I always use Dave as my sales rep.

http://www.softwaremore.com

Keith Diehl

May 17, 2005, 2:22:33 PM5/17/05
In xmission.general, message <d6bst9$7bo$1...@news.xmission.com>,
glen...@xmission.com (GMAN) wrote:

They have an out-of-business sign on their store fronts and web
site.

I fear not enough people shared your view about EBC vs LS!

Ray

May 17, 2005, 6:53:46 PM5/17/05

Just in case some one mis-read this, Cyber Exchange web site is alive
and well at http://www.cyberut.com/ .

GMAN

May 17, 2005, 9:19:23 PM5/17/05

I have a feeling many more than I have been screwed, blued, and tattooed by
EBC on more than one occasion. I agree with the other poster that i like
Software and More alot. Bu LS micro was great for the occasional case or fan
or cable etc....

I always felt when shopping at EBC that i was shopping in a cover operation
for the mexican/Russian mafia!!!!!!!

Message has been deleted

GMAN

May 23, 2005, 3:25:17 AM5/23/05
In article <Pine.LNX.4.63.05...@xmission.xmission.com>, Varelse <usene...@luser.netYOURPANTS> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 May 2005, Keith Diehl wrote:
>
>> What's the local store of choice for cables and computer parts
>> now that LS Micro is no more?
>>

>Try Computertech on State and 13th. Way better then EBC.
>http://www.computertech-ut.com

But their store sells seemingly overpriced and somewhat outdated hardware.

Christopher B. Strong

May 24, 2005, 1:30:50 AM5/24/05
Keith Diehl wrote:
> What's the local store of choice for cables and computer parts
> now that LS Micro is no more?

Gads, in my experience LS micro was one of the worst computer stores in the
state. How could anyone miss it? I never could figure out why people would do
business with them. They were the only store I knew of in the valley with a 90
day warranty on RAM. They must have purchased the RAM that Spectek threw in the
trash.

Try Software and More (I've been shopping there since 1983; used to buy my Atari
software there) or Universal Systems.

Software and More has a great selection in-store. Universal Systems provides
the cables for a lot of the local stores, and can provide almost any cable if
you ask.

I woud not bother with EBC or any of the mass discounters. That's my own
opinion, but when you have a problem that extra $5-$10 at a store with a RETURN
POLICY is money well spent.

-Chris