OK - Button in 'link'-Menu doesn't work

posersnus

Nov 16, 2009, 6:42:40 PM11/16/09
to XMind User Forum
Hello there,

I recently installed XMind 3.0.3 under Ubuntu 9.10 and it works fine,
but there's on strange problem: When I try to link an entry to a file
or
a web page, I am not able to press the 'OK' - Button in the menu.
It's clickable, but nothing happens. So I'm not able to do any
connections
to content outside xmind.

I couldn't find anything relating to this topic on the net. Can
anyone help me? Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Michael

posersnus

Nov 16, 2009, 7:09:26 PM11/16/09
to XMind User Forum
Hello again,

I was able to fix the problem myself. It was a GDK issue. If anyone
has the same problem, this does the trick:

type
export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true
in the terminal bevor starting XMind. That's it.

Greetings,
Michael

On 17 Nov., 00:42, posersnus <mgno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I recently installed XMind 3.0.3 under Ubuntu 9.10 and it works fine,
> but there's on strange problem: When I try to link an entry to a file
> or
> a web page, I am not able to press the 'OK' -Buttonin the menu.

Vivian

Nov 17, 2009, 3:34:05 AM11/17/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael

Thank you for sharing this solution.

Regards,

Vivian
--

Skype: vivianting726
http://www.linkedin.com/in/vivianding

Nitin Nanivadekar

Dec 30, 2009, 5:11:33 AM12/30/09
to XMind User Forum
I am quite new to Ubuntu.

Please tell me how do I,
type
export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true

How can I launch a java program such as Xmind using terminal?

Thanks and happy new year in advance.

-Nitin

posersnus

Jan 3, 2010, 8:28:59 AM1/3/10
to XMind User Forum
Hello Nitin,

all you have to do is navigate to the Ubuntu Terminal-Application
(in the taskbar click 'Applications' -> 'Accesoirs' -> 'Terminal').

Enter the path where you have installed XMind (default:
type 'cd /usr/local/xmind' + [ENTER]

Make the XMind-Script executable by typing
(you have to enter your password for this operation)
'sudo chmod +x xmind'

Now enter the following line to solve the button - Problem:
'export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true'

and at least, start xmind by typing
'./xmind'

This works for other applications, too.

Best regards, Michael

On Dec 30 2009, 11:11 am, Nitin Nanivadekar