Xitrum 1.9.9

Ngoc Dao

Nov 18, 2012, 11:20:25 PM11/18/12
to Xitrum web framework
I've just released Xitrum 1.9.9:
https://github.com/ngocdaothanh/xitrum/blob/master/CHANGELOG

1.9.9 is compatible with 1.9.8. To update Xitrum in your project from
1.9.8 to 1.9.9, in your project's build.sbt, simply replace:
libraryDependencies += "tv.cntt" %% "xitrum" % "1.9.8"
with:
libraryDependencies += "tv.cntt" %% "xitrum" % "1.9.9"

This release focuses on SockJS:
* Only decode request body only when the request method is POST, PUT,
or PATCH
http://groups.google.com/group/xitrum-framework/browse_thread/thread/f343f7bc92edb39c
* SockJS:
- Lots of minor improvements and bug fixes
- Allow setting options websocket = false and cookie_needed = true
http://groups.google.com/group/sockjs/browse_thread/thread/392cd07c4a75400b
* Update Netty from 3.5.9.Final to 3.5.10.Final
https://netty.io/Blog/Netty+3510Final+-+Get+it+while+it+is+hot
* Update Akka from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4
http://groups.google.com/group/akka-user/browse_thread/thread/4da3849a0a5e4163
* Update Javassist from 3.16.1-GA to 3.17.0-GA
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JASSIST/fixforversion/12319159
* Update Knockout.js from 2.1.0 to 2.2.0, Knockout.mapping from 2.3.2
to 2.3.3
http://blog.stevensanderson.com/2012/10/29/knockout-2-2-0-released/
* Update SockJS JS library from 0.3.3 to 0.3.4
http://groups.google.com/group/sockjs/browse_thread/thread/e4b2c1871601f8ae

Charles Munat

Nov 19, 2012, 7:10:39 PM11/19/12
to xitrum-f...@googlegroups.com, Ngoc Dao
[ERROR] Could not collect routes
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: javassist/ClassPath :
Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Stefan Undorf

Nov 19, 2012, 7:29:40 PM11/19/12
to xitrum-f...@googlegroups.com
This is usually a JDK version mismatch. Are you using JDK 7?

Charles Munat

Nov 19, 2012, 7:27:25 PM11/19/12
to xitrum-f...@googlegroups.com
java version "1.6.0_37"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)

Ngoc Dao

Nov 19, 2012, 8:05:08 PM11/19/12
to Xitrum web framework
Please try running with Java 7.

In Xitrum 1.9.9, I've just updated Javassist to the latest version
3.17.0-GA. It seems that this version has to be used with Java 7. I
will revert Javassist to the older version in Xitrum 1.9.10.

Charles Munat

Nov 19, 2012, 8:08:06 PM11/19/12
to xitrum-f...@googlegroups.com
I'm on Mac Lion. I guess I'll back up to 1.9.8 for now. God knows when
Mac will release Java 7, and I'm not sure I want to risk screwing up
everything else on my machine just to run Java 7. Thanks!

Chas.

Stefan Undorf

Nov 19, 2012, 8:17:38 PM11/19/12
to xitrum-f...@googlegroups.com

Ngoc Dao

Nov 19, 2012, 8:37:46 PM11/19/12
to Xitrum web framework
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/mac/mac-jdk.html

Apple has stopped releasing new Java. You have to download Java 7 from
Oracle.

> screwing up everything else on my machine just to run Java 7

For production, I've been using Java 7 on Linux for about a year.

For development, I'm on Mac too. I'm using both Java 7 and Java 6.
When uploading new app to Apple App Store from Xcode, I have to switch
to Java 6 because the uploader does not work with Java 7. Except for
that, everything works fine.

But I guess Java 6 is still widely used, so I will revert Javassist
and release Xitrum 1.9.10 soon.

Charles Munat

Nov 19, 2012, 8:44:50 PM11/19/12
to xitrum-f...@googlegroups.com
If you're doing OK with Java 7, I'll try it.

Charles Munat

Nov 19, 2012, 9:02:56 PM11/19/12
to xitrum-f...@googlegroups.com
It is astonishing to me that in 2012, almost 2013, the Java web site is
still the most convoluted, stupidly-designed, user-unfriendly site on
the Internet. And that's saying something. I guess a big "download"
button is too obvious.

It was horrible under Sun, and Oracle seems to be upholding the
tradition. How sad.

Despite Oracle's best efforts to scare me off, I am downloading Java 7
and will give it a try.

Chas.