xdotool 2.20110530.1fails to build (test failures)

Matthias Klose

Sep 29, 2011, 3:04:42 AM9/29/11
to xdotoo...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Kahn Gillmor

Jordan Sissel

Sep 29, 2011, 12:33:43 PM9/29/11
to do...@ubuntu.com, xdotoo...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
There's historically been failures in Debian's build system, too, and they're often quite random and hard to reproduce. I've never been able to reproduce any (IIRC) of the failures seen by the debian build cluster and the build environment used is always quite odd (like failing on GNU/Hurd/x86, or linux/armel).

All the test pass for me prior to every release.  :(

-Jordan

Matthias Klose

Sep 29, 2011, 12:42:58 PM9/29/11
to Jordan Sissel, xdotoo...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Kahn Gillmor

ok, then I'll run the tests, but ignore the test results on the Ubuntu buildds.
thanks for the feedback.

Matthias

Daniel Kahn Gillmor

Sep 29, 2011, 1:24:07 PM9/29/11
to Matthias Klose, Jordan Sissel, xdotoo...@googlegroups.com

fwiw, we've actually caught several bugs in xdotool by running the test
suite on debian [0]; Jordan is very good about immediately fixing the
bugs discovered there, but ignoring a test suite failure seems like a
bad idea in general.

--dkg

[0] e.g. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tools.xdotool/412

signature.asc

Jordan Sissel

Sep 29, 2011, 2:17:10 PM9/29/11
to Daniel Kahn Gillmor, Matthias Klose, xdotoo...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. Though with respect to 'type' (xdotool type) related bugs I've lost much patience trying to fix them. X11 is a damn mess, frankly ;)

If there's enough data that I can use to reproduce it (or atleast fantasize about what might cause it) I can go from there. Otherwise I'm happy to work with whoever is available to dig into where/why something is failing.

-Jordan