Runtime problem with GreenXml (_Xmalloc@4)

Julien

Jul 30, 2008, 6:52:50 AM7/30/08
to xblite
Hi,

I'm trying to use GreenXML as it is probably easier to learn than the
huge libxml2 library.

At runtime, I get the following error :

"Le point d'entrée de procédure _Xmalloc@4 est introuvable dans la
bibliothèque de liaisons dynamique xbl.dll"

(i.e. _Xmalloc@4 entry point cannot be found in xbl.dll)

I'm using XBLite v. 2.3.1.

Thanks for any help.

Julien

David SZAFRANSKI

Jul 30, 2008, 9:44:30 AM7/30/08
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Julien wrote:

Hi Julien,

The memory allocation functions such as Xmalloc where added
in v. 2.4.0. so you probably need to upgrade to the newest
version in order to use the GreenXml library.

ciao,
D.

Guy

Jul 30, 2008, 9:57:57 AM7/30/08
to xblite
Hi Julien,

FYI, Xmalloc is a fonction of xbl.dll, which is coded in GoAsm
(source: xblibm.asm).

I reproduced your problem by loading gxml version 2.3.6 in XSED;
- I compiled with Ctrl+F9
- tried to link with F10.

=> I could not link with the linker that comes with GoAsm.

I quitted XSED, replaced the linker with the new linker from Callum's
site, restarted XSED.

=> I linked with no problem using the new linker from Callum's site.

Try Callum's linker and verify that it solves your problem.

1. Save first any overwritten files in a backup folder (mine is C:
\xblite\bin\OldBinTools)
2. Unzip Callum's download in another backup folder (mine is C:\xblite
\bin\NewBinTools)
3. copy the appropriate folder into your bin folder (i.e. copy C:
\xblite\bin\NewBinTools\*.* C:\xblite\bin)

Hope this helps!
Guy

David SZAFRANSKI

Jul 30, 2008, 12:45:29 PM7/30/08
to xbl...@googlegroups.com

> I reproduced your problem by loading gxml version 2.3.6 in XSED;
> - I compiled with Ctrl+F9
> - tried to link with F10.
>
> => I could not link with the linker that comes with GoAsm.

Hi Guy,

I had no trouble compiling/building gxml v2.3.6 as a DLL using
xsed and all of the current xblite tools.

If you are getting a linking error regarding Xmalloc, then you either
are not currently using xblite v.2.40 libraries or have some
older versions still installed.

ciao,
D.

David SZAFRANSKI

Jul 30, 2008, 12:57:41 PM7/30/08
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
This is OT, but, one more thing,
the manual for gxml is really slick, using an
embedded shockwave flash player. It does mouse dragging scrolling,
dynamic menus, great color text, drop shadows... Totally awesome!

Great job Rhett.

Guy Lonné

Jul 30, 2008, 1:24:29 PM7/30/08
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi D.,

You are right, my link failure is not related to Julien's Xmalloc absence.
However, I had to use the new linker to successfully link gxml.obj, the older failing to link it.

Here are 2 snapshots of the same XSED screen:
1. Link ver 2_50_4048.GIF, which shows a link failure
2. Link ver 5_12_8078.GIF, with a successful link

When I see the copyright dates,
1. Link version 2.50.4048 was released in 1994
2. Link version 5.12.8078 was released in 1998, 4 years later.

It could be an issue unforeseen in 1994, but accounted for in 1998.

Bye! Guy

gxml_dll Link failure.zip

David SZAFRANSKI

Jul 30, 2008, 1:41:00 PM7/30/08
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Guy Lonné wrote:

> Hi D.,
>
> You are right, my link failure is not related to Julien's Xmalloc absence.
> However, I had to use the new linker to successfully link gxml.obj, the older failing to link it.

Guy,

I can see no reason that gxml.x shouldn't compile as a DLL correctly using
the current linker provided by xblite. It compiles correctly on my machine.

There is no code in gxml.x that requires a newer version of link.exe. The
only reason the newer version of link may be required is if a special third
party .lib file needs to be linked.

ciao,
D.

lzdude69

Jul 30, 2008, 3:39:29 PM7/30/08
to xblite
Hi,

D. is right, it should compile fine using both linkers. I tested it
using both with no problems.

@D. - Glad that you like the manual. My only gripe is that now that I
bought a new GPU(2xRadeon HD 3850), the shades of green are much
lighter than intended...almost yellow. Owell, will be uber easy to
fix in the next release.

P.S. Holy crap new version of xsed! Saw in Guy's screen shot:)

Guy

Jul 30, 2008, 4:22:02 PM7/30/08
to xblite
Hi Rhett,

If XSED had a face lift, it's all because of you!!!!

You found a way to use the XP style with a manifest file way back
VIXEN's early developments.
Later, much later, while I was using XSED, I got the idea to use a
manifest for it. I tried it and it worked! I informed D. about it and
David shipped an XSED in new cloths.