Bad Request: Valid keyword missing

Club MasterList processor

Jun 18, 2019, 3:58:35 PM6/18/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Transana <tran...@gmail.com>: Jun 17 05:03PM -0500

Hi all,

I am upgrading my application from wxPython 3.0.2.0 under Python 2.7
(32-bit) to wxPython 4.0.4 under Python 3.7 (64-bit).  Mostly, it's
going well, but I am running into occasional issues.

I use the wx.html.HtmlHelpController() module for my program manual and
context-sensitive help system, and I've noticed a change in behavior in
this module.  When I change from one page to the next in my Help book,
the control used to scroll to the top of the new page automatically, as
one would expect on an HTML page change.  Now, however, the control does
not scroll.  If I'm at the bottom of a help page and select a link to
move on to the next page, the new page will be displayed but will start
out scrolled down the same number of lines as the last page.

I have not been able to find a way to alter this new behavior. wxPython
and wxWidgets documentation provide no hints and no access to any of the
events for the controller.  Google searches have provided little
information on the HtmlHelpController and nothing on scrolling within it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

David

--
David K. Woods, Ph.D.
President, Researcher, and Lead Transana Developer

Club MasterList processor

Jun 23, 2019, 11:31:15 AM6/23/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
d chung <domm...@gmail.com>: Jun 22 02:23AM -0700

Dear masters,
I am moving on.
I cut away the dlg part and replaced it with some fixed values.
Everything works fine except that the bar code has been read 248 times and
there is no loop in the codes. It was entered only once. What went wrong?

Chung

Club MasterList processor

Jun 23, 2019, 12:46:59 PM6/23/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Club MasterList processor <sreht...@gmail.com>: Jun 23 11:31AM -0400

Today's topic summary

Group: wxpytho...@googlegroups.com

- Set OK button permanently OK bypassing the dialogue [1 Update]
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/t/2aa65b007d9b237d

Topic: Set OK button permanently OK bypassing the dialogue

---------- 1 of 1 ----------
From: d chung <domm...@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 22 02:23AM -0700

Dear masters,
I am moving on.
I cut away the dlg part and replaced it with some fixed values.
Everything works fine except that the bar code has been read 248 times and
there is no loop in the codes. It was entered only once. What went wrong?

Chung

On Thursday, 30 May 2019 17:01:31 UTC+8, d chung wrote:

--
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/wxpython-users/join

.

> I cut away the dlg part and replaced it with some fixed values.
> Everything works fine except that the bar code has been read 248 times and there is no loop in the codes. It was entered only once. What went wrong?

You haven't shown us anything about a bar code, so we can't possibly address that. You did

I do want to point out that this line will never succeed:

if self.input[2] != 0 and not self.input[2]:

That says "if input 2 is not 0 and input 2 is 0." It can never be both. I can't guess what you really intended there.

I'm also concerned about these linesL
self.m1, self.t1 = '', ''
self.Language()
wx.MessageBox(self.m1, self.t1)

Is the "self.Language()" call going to modify the values of self.m1 and self.t1? If so, that's a very poor design, because you're relying on side effects. A person looking at your code would have no way to know that the function call is modifying other variables. If that's looking up a language translation, it would be much better to pass them as parameters:
m1, t1 = self.Language( '', '' )

Now it's absolutely clear what goes in, and what comes out.

Tim Roberts, ti...@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Akshath Singhal <singhal....@gmail.com>: Jun 22 07:11PM -0700

Has anyone used a checklistbox inside a grid?
The image shows the desired behaviour.
Any pointers regarding this would be highly appreciated.
Charley Khan <charl...@gmail.com>: Jun 22 05:45PM -0700

Trying to use latest snapshot builds to pick up bugfix (see TreeCtrl /
delete thread) -- sized_controls.SizedDialog seems broken
On 4.0. this script pops a dialog over a frame:

#!/usr/bin/python

import wx
print wx.__version__

import wx.lib.sized_controls as sc

app = wx.App()
frame = wx.Frame(None, title='simple.py')
dlg = sc.SizedDialog(parent=frame, title="test dialog")
wx.StaticText(dlg.GetContentsPane(), label="a dialog")
frame.Show()
dlg.ShowModal()
app.MainLoop()

I'm getting this exception on both Windows and Mac with wxPython
4.1.0a1.dev4130

$ python scdialog-broken-41.py
4.1.0a1.dev4130+927b6d94
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scdialog-broken-41.py", line 19, in <module>
dlg = sc.SizedDialog(parent=frame, title="test dialog")
File "u:/usr/extras/wx-4.1.0a1-win\wx\lib\sized_controls.py", line 600,
in __init__
self.SetExtraStyle(wx.WS_EX_VALIDATE_RECURSIVELY)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'WS_EX_VALIDATE_RECURSIVELY'

That symbol does appear to be in _core.pyd for my 4.0.x install, but not
4.1.0
Suggestions appreciated.
-ck
srfpala <srf...@gmail.com>: Jun 22 04:29PM -0700

In Precord text p 15 Show a BitMap uses:

super(MyFrame, self).__init__(parent, id, title, pos, size, style, name)

The above statement seems superfluous, and ASAIK offers nothing new to the
App.
Why is it needed ?
Bob
Mike Driscoll <mi...@pythonlibrary.org>: Jun 22 07:13PM -0500

It's not needed. But it doesn't hurt anything either. Also I think it is
recommended to use super() that way I'm Python 3.

So while it's not needed it is conventional to use it in the latest version
of Python.

Mike

Club MasterList processor

Jun 24, 2019, 1:41:22 PM6/24/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Club MasterList processor <sreht...@gmail.com>: Jun 23 12:46PM -0400

Today's topic summary

Group: wxpytho...@googlegroups.com

- Bad Request: Valid keyword missing [1 Update]
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/t/360714c264f1c187

- Set OK button permanently OK bypassing the dialogue [1 Update]
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/t/2aa65b007d9b237d
- Using Checklistbox as a grid cell [1 Update]
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/t/3b9641827ee6f224
- sized_controls.SizedDialog and wxPython 4.1.0a [1 Update]
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/t/407cbcbf8eb71f79
- Why a super() statement ? [2 Updates]
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/t/e038dfa98978c8ba

Topic: Bad Request: Valid keyword missing

---------- 1 of 1 ----------
From: Club MasterList processor <sreht...@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 23 11:31AM -0400
From: Tim Roberts <ti...@probo.com>
Date: Jun 22 11:51PM -0700

> I cut away the dlg part and replaced it with some fixed values.
> Everything works fine except that the bar code has been read 248 times and there is no loop in the codes. It was entered only once. What went wrong?

You haven't shown us anything about a bar code, so we can't possibly address that. You did

I do want to point out that this line will never succeed:

if self.input[2] != 0 and not self.input[2]:

That says "if input 2 is not 0 and input 2 is 0." It can never be both. I can't guess what you really intended there.

I'm also concerned about these linesL
self.m1, self.t1 = '', ''
self.Language()
wx.MessageBox(self.m1, self.t1)

Is the "self.Language()" call going to modify the values of self.m1 and self.t1? If so, that's a very poor design, because you're relying on side effects. A person looking at your code would have no way to know that the function call is modifying other variables. If that's looking up a language translation, it would be much better to pass them as parameters:
m1, t1 = self.Language( '', '' )

Now it's absolutely clear what goes in, and what comes out.

Tim Roberts, ti...@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Topic: Using Checklistbox as a grid cell

---------- 1 of 1 ----------
From: Akshath Singhal <singhal....@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 22 07:11PM -0700

Has anyone used a checklistbox inside a grid?
The image shows the desired behaviour.
Any pointers regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Topic: sized_controls.SizedDialog and wxPython 4.1.0a

From: Charley Khan <charl...@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 22 05:45PM -0700

From: srfpala <srf...@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 22 04:29PM -0700