snapshots of my wx workspace

Robin Dunn

Aug 23, 2010, 2:39:27 AM8/23/10
to wxpyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Keven suggested that I make a copy of my workspace available to those
who want to be able to build their own bleeding edge version of
wxPython. This will have a couple obvious benefits, and probably some
others that we haven't discovered yet.

1. When I am not currently working off of the wxWidgets trunk, (for
example, I am working from the wxWidgets 2.9.1 tag right now, not trunk)
then that will automatically be reflected in my published workspace
because it will essentially be a copy of what is on my hard drive.

2. There are times when there is a mismatch between what is checked in
to wxWidgets SVN that does not fully match what wxPython is expecting,
perhaps because of changes in wxWidgets that have not been synced to
wxPython yet. So by using a snapshot of my workspace you be much more
likely to be able to build the software and have it work.

Since I use Mercurial locally to sync the workspaces on my development
machines then it was an easy choice to also use it for publishing these
snapshots. The public repository is located at
http://hg.wxpython.org/hg/wxPy-trunk/ and there is also one for the 2.8
source tree at http://hg.wxpython.org/hg/wxPy-2.8-branch/. You can get
a copy of the current state of the source tree using:

hg clone URL

and to update it later you can use:

hg pull -uv

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman

Tom Browder

Aug 23, 2010, 7:10:03 AM8/23/10
to wxpyth...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 01:39, Robin Dunn <ro...@alldunn.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Keven suggested that I make a copy of my workspace available to those who
> want to be able to build their own bleeding edge version of wxPython.  This
> will have a couple obvious benefits, and probably some others that we
> haven't discovered yet.

> Since I use Mercurial locally to sync the workspaces on my development
> machines then it was an easy choice to also use it for publishing these
> snapshots.  The public repository is located at
> http://hg.wxpython.org/hg/wxPy-trunk/ and there is also one for the 2.8
> source tree at http://hg.wxpython.org/hg/wxPy-2.8-branch/.  You can get a
> copy of the current state of the source tree using:
>
>        hg clone URL
>
> and to update it later you can use:
>
>        hg pull -uv

Thanks, Robin. That helps a lot.